General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Fay said:

It’s always High Blood Pressure Season with Yuzu. Can you remember a single relaxed one? 

Probably this past one because i was mostly MIA:heavybreathing:for the sake of my mental health hahaha

I feel like if there's a media day, choreo reveal and costume reveal it will still feel awk because of the looming Olys...

Like a calm before a storm :sadPooh:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Probably this past one because i was mostly MIA:heavybreathing:for the sake of my mental health hahaha

I feel like if there's a media day, choreo reveal and costume reveal it will still feel awk because of the looming Olys...

Like a calm before a storm :sadPooh:

well, at least, he's got his two OGMs under his belt. Or around his neck. 

And I don't think we can hope for a media day this season either. It could be at DOI that we learn something about his new SP if he's getting one. 

You've been quite silent on his FP, though - don't you like it? :)

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

Welcome back!

This looks like the latest info about the 2021-22 season:

I notice that they have three days for ACI - does that mean there will be more disciplines or an actual gala or something like that....?

33 minutes ago, barbara said:

I notice that they have three days for ACI - does that mean there will be more disciplines or an actual gala or something like that....?

Noo not this pls, i would weep forever hahahaha ; w;

But back in topic...

Someone said possible Yuzu in yukata? Because i am ready for that:worship:

47 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Non, pas ça, je pleurerais pour toujours hahahaha ; w;

Mais revenons au sujet...

Quelqu'un a dit possible Yuzu en yukata ? Parce que je suis prêt pour ça:culte:

Ah OUI Yuzu en yukata :headdesk: et j'ai même vu " patiner " avec : mais est ce possible ? ce n'est pas le costume idéal ... :animated-smileys-hello-22:

6 hours ago, barbara said:

Only 3 disciplines: Ladies, Men, and Dance. No pairs.

2019 ACI was the same, spread out into 3 days:

• Day 1: Ladies SP
  • Day 2: Rhythm Dance, Men SP, Ladies FS
  • Day 3: Free Dance, Men FS

Most likely will be the same this year. Normally they would be selling ACI tickets right about now...

10 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Only 3 disciplines: Ladies, Men, and Dance. No pairs.

2019 ACI was the same, spread out into 3 days:

• Day 1: Ladies SP
  • Day 2: Rhythm Dance, Men SP, Ladies FS
  • Day 3: Free Dance, Men FS

Most likely will be the same this year. Normally they would be selling ACI tickets right about now...

Oddly, all I remember from ACI 2019 is the excitement meeting the other satellites, scrambling over Japanese aunties to get to the front row, that damn hockey puck marked glass and Yuzu.  Yuzu practicing, Yuzu warming up and Yuzu competing. And Jun.   I do remember that Evgenia was there so I must have been present for the ladies, but all I really recall is the men.  And this year, I will hope I can see Yuzu (and Jun) again.  

On 6/9/2021 at 1:45 AM, starie_hui said:

Kinda reminds me of how they got BTS to perform at the end, I suppose they were going for the same angle here with Yuzu? More people keen to see him? Or just lousy order?

Also am new here really glad to be here! <3

Welcome! 

As for Yuzu being at the end of the gala in Stockholm ...was he actually at the very end? I've forgotten already...but if the gala was following the usual he normally wouldn't have been last.  The traditional order for figure skating galas is to end with the gold medalists in each discipline, one after another. And since Yuzu wasn't the gold medalist this time, he wouldn't have skated last in normal circumstances.  So, if he was at the very end, then it was definitely done to keep viewers interested. Incidentally, I  have a LOT of sympathy for Jordan of On Ice Perspectives ( aka OIP), having to skate basically non-stop with a camera in his hands for two hours straight and then try to keep up with Yuzu for 3 minutes. I've seen how fast Yuzu is up close and it's no task for a weak mortal, to try and match his speed. 

So I was driving home this evening when all of a sudden and rather randomly, Yuzu doing his Stars On Ice opening choreo in the LMEY costume popped into my head. After remembering about 10seconds of his performance, it finally dawned on me that the radio was playing Blinding Lights. The song had triggered the Yuzu memory subconsciously. 

I wonder if I've unlocked a cool new fanyu superpower..quick, someone play LGC while I'm not looking so I can test theory !:LOL:

15 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Ah OUI Yuzu en yukata :headdesk: et j'ai même vu " patiner " avec : mais est ce possible ? ce n'est pas le costume idéal ... :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Je pense qu ce seulement pour les fêtes après le événement. C'est une proposition tres interessant! Yuzu sur le glace avec un yukata:heavybreathing:...
Mais on a Seimei et Heaven and Earth...

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Is this punishment for disappearing.

Because if it is i gladly accept it

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Welcome! 

As for Yuzu being at the end of the gala in Stockholm ...was he actually at the very end? I've forgotten already...but if the gala was following the usual he normally wouldn't have been last.  The traditional order for figure skating galas is to end with the gold medalists in each discipline, one after another. And since Yuzu wasn't the gold medalist this time, he wouldn't have skated last in normal circumstances.  So, if he was at the very end, then it was definitely done to keep viewers interested. Incidentally, I  have a LOT of sympathy for Jordan of On Ice Perspectives ( aka OIP), having to skate basically non-stop with a camera in his hands for two hours straight and then try to keep up with Yuzu for 3 minutes. I've seen how fast Yuzu is up close and it's no task for a weak mortal, to try and match his speed. 

Yuzu wasn’t the last skater, but close to last. In Jordan’s latest interview, he said sth like he was dead tired by the time Yuzu performed, but he tried his best LOL (that interview abt how he was crying while filming Yuzu?). And yes, that camera of his is super heavy LOL and following the god of speed while your arms and feet were numb? Mad respect!