General Yuzuru Chat

Shingo has retweeted an article where Yuzuru has been voted top sports person in Japan.

Shingo tweeted "Hanyu kun is my number one too!" :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Same, Shingo, same!

Here's a google translate of the article:

On the 24th, the Sasakawa Sports Foundation conducted a survey of men and women over the age of 18 in August and September last year, and figure skating Yuzuru Hanyu (ANA) ranked first in the US Major League Baseball. Ichiro Suzuki, who was active, announced that he was in second place, and Shohei Ohtani of the US Major League Baseball Angels was in third place.

Hanyu is number one following the previous 2018. Tennis player Naomi Osaka (Nissin Foods) came in 4th place and advanced to the top for the first time. Mr. Ichiro received the most support from men, and he continued to be popular even after he retired from active duty. Hanyu is the top among women.

Shock! Yuzuru top amongst women!! :knc_tracy2:

22 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Not at all, just hoping it wouldn't hit anyone in the head just like in cartoons. There would be too much force behind that. Would definitely also leave some kind of bruise or scar. :ohno:

Oh, people would have fought for that button! And later would have treasured it! 

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

Do you think he'll keep LMEY for one more season? Do you think he'll give us a new program?

I mean he'd plan for a new SP if he were to go to the winter olympics, no? I wished that he kept LMEY as his SP, but that's just me (also I trust Yuzu to create yet another exquisite SP, if he choose to make a new one). Or maybe keep LMEY as an EX program? Anyhow all I am saying is we could still need some more cheer from Yuzu's LMEY 😏

20 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Je veux dire qu'il planifierait un nouveau SP s'il devait aller aux Jeux olympiques d'hiver, non? J'aurais souhaité qu'il garde LMEY comme SP, mais ce n'est que moi (aussi je fais confiance à Yuzu pour créer encore un autre SP exquis, s'il choisit d'en créer un nouveau). Ou peut-être garder LMEY comme programme EX? Quoi qu'il en soit, tout ce que je dis, c'est que nous pourrions encore avoir besoin d'un peu plus de joie de la part du LMEY de Yuzu 😏

Je souhaiterais qu'il garde son LMEY , car on sent qu'il y prend du plaisir et la joie qui nous apporte :heartpound: et peut être l'améliorer pour les JO ? :hairflip:  

#throwback

When I was small, after I got onto the podium in a novice competition, I thought I could go to olympics [and jump 3A] and I was like “I could jump and land everything”. So I went to practise 3A even though I couldn’t land a perfect single triple back then. So I thought I could just delayed my 2A. (...) When I tried to do my 3A, I landed on my ankle and my head hit the ground and I wasn’t conscious after that. Sometime after that I was moved to a warm room and I couldn’t move my arms and legs.

https://yuzuland.tumblr.com/post/129711465692/kenjis-room-with-yuzuru-hanyu-episode-4

3 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I mean he'd plan for a new SP if he were to go to the winter olympics, no? I wished that he kept LMEY as his SP, but that's just me (also I trust Yuzu to create yet another exquisite SP, if he choose to make a new one). Or maybe keep LMEY as an EX program? Anyhow all I am saying is we could still need some more cheer from Yuzu's LMEY 😏

Actually, in the past, he has Not taken a new SP to the Olympics!

2014 Olys was Parisienne Walkway's 2nd season and at 2018 Olys it was Chopin's THIRD season!

I honestly feel pretty sure he is keeping LMEY for next year, if only because it never had an outing with a proper audience. It's been SO WELL received by fans, even a pretty high PCS score for a brand new program. It pairs perfectly with TenChi, so as a backup prediction I'll say I think he'll do something 'cool and fun' like LMEY or PW or LGC if he doesn't keep LMEY.

The brilliant success of the Blinding Lights videos makes me wonder- could this all be in his calculations?? He would have known about (if not orchestrated) the slow motion footage of himself being broadcast during SOI. He might have guessed one of his very talented fans might put together a bunch of those shots into a MAD, which would allow him to easily review his performance FROM ALL ANGLES AND IN HIGH-DEF to find the things that he wants to use in LMEY next year! It would explain why he specifically used his LMEY costume, as it would give a good visual representation of his overall look. (If he DOES follow his normal pattern, there will be a NEW LMEY costume next year, even if only tweaked, a la the 4, 5 or 6 versions of Chopin we've seen.) :winky:

He may NOT have guessed that there would be hundreds of thousands of views of JUST HIS segment of the Blinding Lights program, going 11 to 18 minutes in length!! But that brings me to my next thought about this wonderful self-perpetuating loop Yuzu and his Fanyus have going.

:10742290:

This is another very talented MAD creator, and their channel shows how Yuzu may very well be able to take the 'pulse' of what gets his fans excited.

Not only by seeing which videos have the highest view counts, but also he can see what the video uploaders CHOOSE to include or highlight in their videos.

In the absence of an audience that can PROPERLY react to his performance, I wouldn't be at all surprised that he is able to use the feedback of the most popular videos to get a clear picture of what we would have been SSWWOOOOONING over if only we could have been there in person. 

When he has said in interviews (something like) that the pressure he feels from fan's expectations can sometimes feel like he's being 'coerced' into something, but also that the pressure gives him energy and strength. I tried to feel bad (maybe for a millisecond) about contributing to those expectations, as if maybe we could somehow STOP wanting to see him skate, so he can r***** and live a normal life. But I think I'd rather contribute to this feedback loop that is making him better and better, year after year!

I think Yuzu will go back to piano music for the Olympics. If he's gonna repeat.....maybe Otonal? :think: I highly doubt it (but then again I didn't expect him to repeat Chopin either, not even one bit). I think he knows he gets scored better with piano music. Even Otonal broke a bunch of records when not-completely-clean. Maybe he'll have a new SP for the Olympics for the first time ;) 

"I think that he spent more time listening to our stories then talking about his Olympic experiences"

Once again amazed by Yuzu's capacity to see each person as an individual, with a unique and valuable story to tell.