General Yuzuru Chat

Bonjour toutes et tous , j'ai découvert ce forum par pur hasard et j'ai appris et vu des choses TOP sur Yuzu :hairflip:  et de l'inédit :peace2: et voilà ce que j'ai trouvé sur youtube , qui est commenté en Anglais ( j'ai eue du mal à suivre , mon Anglais est mauvais ) et j'ai fait traduire en Français les commentaires qui sont TOUS HYPER positifs pour écrire que Yuzu est vraiment exceptionnel :puddingpooh: 

7 hours ago, senemgencer said:

Hello satelites,

If any of you can help Henni, you will be doing a big service to us all. I personally can't stand seeing Yuzuru's name below Nathan's in anything :)

Thank you for your help

Senem

I appreciate the wiki team's hard work and have been enjoying reading it in the past week. I hope the team will find the newer photographs too. But isn't it unnecessary to make this into a competition with other skaters or their fans? (I think Henni named Nathan and Sasha just as examples of other top/well-known skaters) I have never had a chance to take a photo during a skating event, but I used to love taking photographs. Every photograph that captured someone or a moment I loved had always been a treasure to me, no matter how good or bad it was as a photograph, so I imagine most of the fan-photographers are also treasuring Yuzu-photos they took. Although they are not my treasure, I feel uneasy seeing them treated just as a number or a tool to beat someone in a competition that is not so meaningful. I mean, every Yuzu photo taken in a competition venue by a fan can be a record or proof of something much more meaningful for the photographer.

@Henni147

Thank you always for your hard work. I read the thread of your tweets posted by Senem above. I am afraid it is difficult to find photos of LMEY and Ten to Chi to, at least for now,  because so far, they have been performed either in Japan, where fans cannot take a photograph in a competition, or at Worlds this year, where there was no audience.

2 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Bonjour toutes et tous , j'ai découvert ce forum par pur hasard et j'ai appris et vu des choses TOP sur Yuzu :hairflip:  et de l'inédit :peace2: et voilà ce que j'ai trouvé sur youtube , qui est commenté en Anglais ( j'ai eue du mal à suivre , mon Anglais est mauvais ) et j'ai fait traduire en Français les commentaires qui sont TOUS HYPER positifs pour écrire que Yuzu est vraiment exceptionnel :puddingpooh: 

Aren't they using the wiki as a script?

I already DM'ed Henni about this but I thought I'd post this here; in case you guys don't know about this fan photographer. She takes great pictures of many skaters and puts them on her Flickr. Here are direct links for Yuzu's folders. 

Album 1 -

Yuzuru HANYU

Album 2 -

Yuzuru HANYU (part 2)

album 3 -

Yuzuru HANYU (part 3)

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

If only :P 

[NEWS]

Also haha what?

They definitely sound like two Olympic medallists well and truly kuyashii with themselves. As I'd expect! After all,  they're fiercely competitive guys who like to do well. 

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

I appreciate the wiki team's hard work and have been enjoying reading it in the past week. I hope the team will find the newer photographs too. But isn't it unnecessary to make this into a competition with other skaters or their fans? (I think Henni named Nathan and Sasha just as examples of other top/well-known skaters) I have never had a chance to take a photo during a skating event, but I used to love taking photographs. Every photograph that captured someone or a moment I loved had always been a treasure to me, no matter how good or bad it was as a photograph, so I imagine most of the fan-photographers are also treasuring Yuzu-photos they took. Although they are not my treasure, I feel uneasy seeing them treated just as a number or a tool to beat someone in a competition that is not so meaningful. I mean, every Yuzu photo taken in a competition venue by a fan can be a record or proof of something much more meaningful for the photographer.

@Henni147

Thank you always for your hard work. I read the thread of your tweets posted by Senem above. I am afraid it is difficult to find photos of LMEY and Ten to Chi to, at least for now,  because so far, they have been performed either in Japan, where fans cannot take a photograph in a competition, or at Worlds this year, where there was no audience.

Aren't they using the wiki as a script?

I wouldn't care at all if my personal photos were used in a Yuzu database.  Yes, they are precious to me (and most of them are kind of blurry because, as anyone who has seem him skate live knows, he is always moving and moving fast) but the only reason I have hard copy prints of Yuzu form competitions I haven't attended, which is most all of them, is because someone else shared them.  It's Yuzu who is precious and my memories of seeing him live are beyond precious, but sharing the photos doesn't faze me.

15 hours ago, sweetwater said:

@Henni147

Oh, I'm very sorry, if my post sounded like a photo competition. That was definitely not intended. My point was just that many skaters (I picked these two as examples) have a very decent archive of current competition pictures on Wiki Commons, while Yuzu was pretty much the only top 3-ranked skater who did not have a single picture of him skating since 2018 and I wanted to encourage some fans to change that.

A very nice user called Phantom Kabocha offered me to use the full archive of pictures from at least 8-10 different competitions in Europe and I could have uploaded over 1000 great ones from there, but I decided to reduce the selection to the absolute minimum that is needed for articles on Wikipedia. This really should not be about who has the most pictures  :dontdothistome:

This is the current archive: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yuzuru_Hanyu

EDIT: Big news!

Yuzu's article about his career achievements has been nominated for featured list status! It's the highest status that a list article on Wikipedia can achieve.

Of course, the page will undergo a detailed review and some tables might be forced to be cut off for better overview, but we will see.

I am so happy! This is the first big project I actively contributed to on English Wikipedia.

Everything for our boy!  :cri:

17 hours ago, barbara said:

I wouldn't care at all if my personal photos were used in a Yuzu database.  Yes, they are precious to me (and most of them are kind of blurry because, as anyone who has seem him skate live knows, he is always moving and moving fast) but the only reason I have hard copy prints of Yuzu form competitions I haven't attended, which is most all of them, is because someone else shared them.  It's Yuzu who is precious and my memories of seeing him live are beyond precious, but sharing the photos doesn't faze me.

Yeah, sharing your photo may not necessarily a problem. It could sometimes bring you joy instead. But my point is, one's decision to let go of some control over a photo they took should not be taken lightly or for granted by others, because the photo could be something precious for the photographer, and it could also be a fruit of their labors.

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Oh, I'm very sorry, if my post sounded like a photo competition. That was definitely not intended. My point was just that many skaters (I picked these two as examples) have a very decent archive of current competition pictures on Wiki Commons, while Yuzu was pretty much the only top 3-ranked skater who did not have a single picture of him skating since 2018 and I wanted to encourage some fans to change that.

A very nice user called Phantom Kabocha offered me to use the full archive of pictures from at least 8-10 different competitions in Europe and I could have uploaded over 1000 great ones from there, but I decided to reduce the selection to the absolute minimum that is needed for articles on Wikipedia. This really should not be about who has the most pictures  :dontdothistome:

This is the current archive: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yuzuru_Hanyu

EDIT: Big news!

Yuzu's article about his career achievements has been nominated for featured list status! It's the highest status that a list article on Wikipedia can achieve.

Of course, the page will undergo a detailed review and some tables might be forced to be cut off for better overview, but we will see.

I am so happy! This is the first big project I actively contributed to on English Wikipedia.

Everything for our boy!  :cri:

I knew that was not your intention. The whole thread shows how much you care about photographers as well. It must be helpful for those who are considering contributing their photo. (I wish I had one!) I am sorry that was not clear in my previous post.
And I am happy to hear that there already has been a contributor whose archive covers the recent seasons!:img_21: Wishing you good luck with the other photos you need, too.