General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

At least they should change the facial expression because that happy grin doesn’t suit Origin at all :dry:

That happy grin doesn't even remotely emote the original version :disapproval:

PS: At least the costume will be good. They won't live to see another day if the costume is not to Yuzu and Satomi-san's standards :P 

6 hours ago, Pammi said:

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I want to like his comments hundreds of times:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Thank you for sharing :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Hello! I am one of the admin of Yuzuru Hanyu Turkey page. I am very surprised and happy that our interview has made until Planet Hanyu! :8788161: thank you so much for reading it  :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: 

I solemnly swear this is all for (fun) science so if you love it, read on :gla:

Link: https://mrmr-j.com/hanyuuyuzuru/#st-toc-h-5 

Credit for translation: @Orangesrgd on Twitter

Why does Yuzu look so much taller than he really is?

1. Small face: 21.77 cm

- 21.77 cm is the average size measurement of face for actors and models over 180cm tall and it's rare to achieve this face size for those under 170 cm in height. However, Yuzu, at 172 cm, achieves it. 

2. Long neck: ~ 11 CM

According to the data compiled, Yuzu's neck is about 11 cm. The average neck length of JPN people is roughly 9.4cm, meaning Yuzu's neck is about 1.6 cm longer than average.

3. Long leg: inseam ~ 83cm, inseam ratio's 48%

- According to the data compiled, Yuzu's inseam is roughly 83cm, whereas an average man’s inseam with 170 cm height is around 77.7 cm, meaning Yuzu's is about 5.3 cm longer.

- Inseam ratio can be calculated as follows: Inseam/height x 100. When calculated, Yuzu’s ratio is around 48%. In comparison, model 菜々緒 (Nanao), who is famous for long leg, has inseam ratio of 49%. This means Yuzu and Nanao have nearly the same leg length.

Here is a very visual comparison between Yuzu and comedian Hiroiki Ariyoshi, who share the same height: 

E1e4S9bUYAE6Lni?format=jpg&name=small

My personal note: I'm an atheist but when people say God must be on to something when he created Yuzuru Hanyu, I wholeheartedly believe them :7562096:

OK, here are a couple thoughts.

First, the Tokyo Olympics.  Right now it appears  that Kohei Ichimuru is going to compete this year, although in a limited way.  If he weren't competing he would be, in my estimation, the most logical candidate to light the cauldron in the opening ceremony.  So, they need someone  to light the cauldron, preferably a someone with a very high profile.  Well, Yuzuru Hanyu has the highest profile of any athlete in any sport in Japan, and is probably the only Japanese athlete whose profile spreads way beyond Japan.  With the games having been postponed and now being held in a sea of controversy for going ahead during a pandemic, they need a true headliner.  Yuzu would qualify.  The only problem - he's still an active athlete.  They'd have to bite the bullet on that and risk controversy there.  The thing is that if Yuzu's profile in Japan was simply that of an extremely successful figure skater the negatives would outweigh the positives.  But Yuzu's involvement with post-3/11 rebuilding efforts makes him far more than simply a figure skater.  He is, after all, a recipient of the Peoples' Honor Award, which officially was for his two consecutive Olympic golds but I am also convinced that his outreach activities for earthquake survivors also played a role in choosing him.  We'll have to wait and see.

Now the second, Yuzu and underscoring on his skates and overscoring on Nate's skates.  I think that is something that will not be an issue this upcoming season.  The reason is that Yuzu's pursuit of a third consecutive Olympic gold medal is going to be the major story arc in all winter sports this upcoming season.  It will eclipse the Yuzu vs Nathan rivalry.  Add also the possibility of Yuzu landing the fabled 4A and you can be sure that outside the United States Yuzu's double quest of a third gold and a 4A will be the major topic amongst the media commentators and if there is any bias in the scoring of him and Nathan, they will raise the issue.  They don't want any judging bias to spoil their narrative of Yuzu skating towards figure-skating history glory.  In every competition he is in he will be the dominant story and the commentators (except for the Americans) will be on his side.  We do have to remember that Yuzu has very vocal fan bases in lands far beyond Japan.  The ISU and its judges will be on trial this upcoming season.

So, that's it.  Just some thoughts on a couple issues that have me thinking in recent weeks.  I think the concern with judging bias that has been so much an issue recently in this forum has failed to take into account the necessity of their being some sort of story to have to bring TV viewers to the figure-skating broadcasts, not just figure-skating viewers but sports viewers in general.  I remember back in 1972 when Secretariat was looking to be the first horse-racing triple crown winner in over two decades and how after his Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes wins the eyes of Americans well beyond the horse-racing fans were on the Belmont Stakes.  They weren't disappointed.  Concerns about Secretariats ability to handle the length of the Belmont track were proved groundless when Secretariat won with a time that shaved more than two seconds of the track and world-distance records, prompting the commentator to say that that was a record that would likely last forever.  The results of Secretariat's win that he was featured on the covers of Time, Newsweek and Sports Illustrated celebrating the victory.  Just remember this, figure-skating, like any sport, when being broadcast requires some issue to bring people to tune in.  Lots of people means high ratings and high ratings mean top advertising dollars and Yuzu's pursuit of glory this coming season means those dollars will be underwriting the competitions he's in.  Just remember that it's all in the money and this season the money will be following Yuzu's quest and not his rivalry with Nathan.  The judges will know that they are under the microscope and on trial this season.  I'd rest easy if I were you.  Just remember that the viewer ratings for Secretariat's Belmont run were the highest in history at that time for horse-racing.  They'll be the same for Yuzu's quest and because of that the advertising dollars will be following and because of that the judges will behave.