General Yuzuru Chat

28 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

A couple of crucial saves in Yuzu's career. The quad Salchow and the 3Lz-Euler-3S combination in the 2014 Saitama Worlds free skate.

Chris Howarth re the 4S: "Wow! How in "how" he hung onto that?" And during the replay: "Take a look at the 4S at the beginning of this program, cleanly landed, and how he stayed on his feet... I mean that is the measure of the skill of this guy. Look at it, the angle of his skate there. A lesser man would have been on his right ear."

Chris Howarth re the 3Lz-Euler-3S combination: "Oh no! That should be 3S!... How he did that I have no idea!"

Yeah, Saitama R&J and Helsinki Origin were CatZuru mode from start to finish. These two programs alone would have provided enough content for a whole video :happy0007:

Actually, I wanted to add the 4S, too, but somehow forgot to cut it. It's funny, because the 3A+3T combo was from that performance, too LOL :headdesk2:

EDIT:

I just realized that The Weeknd, singer of Blinding Lights, is Canadian and was born and lives in Toronto.

I wonder, if that's just some funny coincidence or a hidden "I love Canada" tribute by Mr Galaxy Brain :space:

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Actually, I wanted to add the 4S, too, but somehow forgot to cut it. It's funny, because the 3A+3T combo was from that performance, too LOL :headdesk2:

Yes, I wondered about that. I thought that it wasn’t like you to miss something so obvious. @Henni147 you have too many things going on in that brain of yours!

24 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I just realized that The Weeknd, singer of Blinding Lights, is Canadian and was born and lives in Toronto.

I wonder, if that's just some funny coincidence or a hidden "I love Canada" tribute by Mr Galaxy Brain :space:

I'd love to think that, but it's probably more like, eventually the whole world passes through Toronto....

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yeah, Saitama R&J and Helsinki Origin were CatZuru mode from start to finish. These two programs alone would have provided enough content for a whole video :happy0007:

EDIT:

The Weeknd also called out The Grammys for their self congratulatory ways, old school, establishment behaviour, and said he will never attend or allow himself to be nominated.

4 minutes ago, Lunarboi said:

Thank youuu ❤️❤️❤️

To be clear, that is not his thesis but an article in an academic journal which summarizes the first part of his thesis.  As far I know, his full thesis is not yet made publicly available by Waseda U. 

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

The Weeknd also called out The Grammys for their self congratulatory ways, old school, establishment behaviour, and said he will never attend or allow himself to be nominated.

Of course he did. He was one of the top selling artists of the year. That should have counted for something and it did not, apparently, to the Grammy committee. He wasn't the only artist they screwed over...don't get me started. But the Weeknd is in good company. Rock acts and Canadian musicians have been snubbed and screwed by the Grammys for years. We all complain about the ISU here but they're amateurs to compared to some awards granting committees. 

Speaking of pointless and cliquey awards, I see Max Parrot got the Laureus this year. 

Some further details about THAT incident

The more info comes out, the more questions I have, regarding the logistics, COVID-19 protocols, medical protocols and capacity and so on of the cursed event. 

But, well :shrug:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

full NUMBER interview:68271262:

On 4/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, Paskud said:

So here you can find scans from NUMBER magazine (so in Japanese), including new interwiew with Brian, interview with Shunji Iwai (author of Hana wa Saku lyrics) and some pretty pics.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/7037447188

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4628703068032459

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4628715357079700

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4628718209730771

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Of course he did. He was one of the top selling artists of the year. That should have counted for something and it did not, apparently, to the Grammy committee. He wasn't the only artist they screwed over...don't get me started. But the Weeknd is in good company. Rock acts and Canadian musicians have been snubbed and screwed by the Grammys for years. We all complain about the ISU here but they're amateurs to compared to some awards granting committees. 

Speaking of pointless and cliquey awards, I see Max Parrot got the Laureus this year. 

I see the Golden Globes is also getting pressure to change their traditional ways.  Apparently, the Hollywood Foreign Press has no black journalists!!  So, ISU should not feel singled out when ISU is called out for antediluvian and corrupt judging.