General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

Sooooo, I think we have to wait until DoI to be sure that we won't see him until next season (24TV aside).

But anyway, what was your favourite moment between cancelled WC20 and WTT21?

Yuzu dances his entire chronology of program openings, ably backed by White Wall-kun

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu dances his entire chronology of program openings, ably backed by White Wall-kun

This is also my fave White Wall moment too. I still remember us trying to guess which choreography he would do and Yuzu went above and beyond with a whole discography :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

The Lord always gives us more than we deserve. Bless us :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

4 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Answer below~ I got it right~~~ :9:

Hide contents

Yuzu's reach is far and wide, up to the heaven 0:)

re: whose nose

the right one was in the pool of my possible guesses, but I wasn't sure:headdesk:

this means I have to study more:gla:

re: sister Mary Joseph

:knc_tracy1:

but also, I'm curious how of all the Yuzu programs it was Origin and the Origin at GPF19 in particular (not the cleanest he's done) the one that left a mark...

(also, someone linked LMEY and BlindingLights Yokohama day3):roll:

a bit OT, but since I've been (kinda) updating (partially) the glossary, I've got a question:

is the Hanyu Yuzuru Exhibition here the same as the Tomo ni, Mae e that sold the Yuzuprograms-themed merch like hair scrunchies?

So, were the proceeds of the merch donated to the earthquake recovery or was it for covid instead? Or are these different exhibitions?

And is any of the above exhibitions it the same as the Notte stellata project? And if yes, should I reference it as Notte Stellata project or Together we move forward or something else entirely?:14066882:

I wanted to mention it in the "3.11" entry as example of Yuzuru's involvement for earthquake recovery, so I feel I should be very accurate:squishedPooh:

also, was the Hikari - Be the light photobook linked to any of this, or to 3.11?

:help:

Re Sister Mary Joseph on Twitter: Yuzu is surely the most glorious of all God's creatures, so it's entirely appropriate for a nun to admire...but it seems a bit  unfair to tempt someone like that with Yuzu's hotter moments.  Send her Notte or Ballade or Tenchi instead. 

38 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

is the Hanyu Yuzuru Exhibition here the same as the Tomo ni, Mae e that sold the Yuzuprograms-themed merch like hair scrunchies?

yes

So, were the proceeds of the merch donated to the earthquake recovery or was it for covid instead? Or are these different exhibitions?

They are different exhibitions. There was an online exhibition for season 2019-2020 in summer of 2020 (part of merch donated to covid support) and the Hanyu Yuzuru exhibition for 3.11 earthquake (Tomo ni, Mae e = Together we move forward ) starts from Dec 2020 and is still ongoing.

And is any of the above exhibitions it the same as the Notte stellata project?

Tomo ni, Mae e = Together we move forward = A Notte stellata project 

they are the same exhibition for 10 year anniversary of 3.11 earthquake 

also, was the Hikari - Be the light photobook linked to any of this, or to 3.11?

The Be the Light photobook is not linked to any of the exhibitions. However its release date is 2021.3.11.

(No one asked but the "Always with Yuzu" Diary is also published on 2021.3.11, as written on last page of the diary book)

8 minutes ago, JanMary said:

yes

They are different exhibitions. There was an online exhibition for season 2019-2020 in summer of 2020 (part of merch donated to covid support) and the Hanyu Yuzuru exhibition for 3.11 earthquake (Tomo ni, Mae e = Together we move forward ) starts from Dec 2020 and is still ongoing.

Tomo ni, Mae e = Together we move forward = A Notte stellata project 

they are the same exhibition for 10 year anniversary of 3.11 earthquake 

The Be the Light photobook is not linked to any of the exhibitions. However its release date is 2021.3.11.

(No one asked but the "Always with Yuzu" Diary is also published on 2021.3.11, as written on last page of the diary book)

thank you!:10742289:

34 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Re Sister Mary Joseph on Twitter: Yuzu is surely the most glorious of all God's creatures, so it's entirely appropriate for a nun to admire...but it seems a bit  unfair to tempt someone like that with Yuzu's hotter moments.  Send her Notte or Ballade or Tenchi instead. 

I laughed a bit too hard when I saw the top reply was Blinding Lights. Send her something like HYK, people!

11 minutes ago, river said:

I laughed a bit too hard when I saw the top reply was Blinding Lights. Send her something like HYK, people!

I'm guessing even S*tan is within our rank too, trying to seduce sister Mary to the dark side :rofl2:

On that note, this MAD is pretty neat, just wishing the video quality was better~

11 hours ago, Melodie said:

Ya think we can try?

The results probably would turn out to be something like the No quarantine No Worlds campaign but at least it may look like a possiblity...

Well, I've written them a very polite request to NOT postpone this change.  How can they admit the need for a change and then not implement it?  (I was as polite as a disinterested Yuzu fan could be, but wrote as a fan of fair figure skating scoring.)  Give it a try.  It can't hurt.  I did say that I thought " For the figure skating fans, NOT applying this rule immediately looks very much like national bias meant to favor certain skaters over others in this Olympic run-up and games."

Edit - the email address of the French guy comes back as undeliverable..

https://japan-forward.com/ice-time-new-book-on-alexandra-trusova-a-compelling-read/

Readers will find praise for Yuzuru Hanyu, Japanese fans and designer Satomi Ito in the book as well.

“Yuzuru Hanyu’s fans follow him to every competition and fill the stands anywhere in the world,” Zotova writes. “No wonder! Perhaps there’s no other figure skater in modern men’s singles skating as charismatic as he is.”

The book sounds pretty interesting. They're even talking about turning it into a movie!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
17 hours ago, Paskud said:

Sooooo, I think we have to wait until DoI to be sure that we won't see him until next season (24TV aside).

But anyway, what was your favourite moment between cancelled WC20 and WTT21?

JNats was magical, but a special mention too to Hana wa Saku at Worlds, and particularly the 3A - the music builds, and he lands it perfectly with the crescendo of the music, and I had goosebumps and cried at the sheer beauty of that jump, of Yuzuru, and of his skating and sentiment, I was healed, he IS a healer no doubt - I also loved the on-ice filming of the gala (well done Jordan) (BUT no forgiveness of the cameraman who made us miss the lay back spin, I cried at that too but in a different way!!)