General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, Noelle said:

When I clicked the link I thought it would just open but actually it was downloaded :laughing:

It looks like a 7 page article... now if only my Japanese were better... 

Apparently, it's a shorten version of the thesis and not the complete thesis.

ETA:

And it's already been downloaded 4723 times. :laughing:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
34 minutes ago, IceWings said:

ETA:

Nobody has a 7 page thesis.  I've seen abstracts that are multiple pages long - and this even has stuff like what computer be used, etc.. But I am looking forward to the English translation of this, what I am going to guess, is a summary.  Maybe with his abstract and conclusions.

1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

It's over 6,200 times now. I also got a copy though my Japanese proficiency is close to zero.

It would have been +1 more, but I couldn't download it because the site wouldn't load for me. Although I don't know why I'm trying to get a copy cuz I can't read it either. :rofl2:

ETA: Seems like Russian media downloaded it too, and they are dragging Eteri into it... well, if the shoe fits...

Not even three hours have passed since the short version of his thesis was released and Russian foreign media has begun to spin the hell out of it for some cheap drama, when all he did was telling the truth without naming names (I'm waiting for other media outlets to jump in the circus) :sipping:

Anyway, I'm VERY entertained :sipping:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

It would have been +1 more, but I couldn't download it because the site wouldn't load for me. Although I don't know why I'm trying to get a copy cuz I can't read it either. :rofl2:

ETA: Seems like Russian media downloaded it too, and they are dragging Eteri into it... well, if the shoe fits...

28 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Not even three hours have passed since the short version of his thesis was released and Russian foreign media has begun to spin the hell out of it for some cheap drama, when all he did was telling the truth without naming names (I'm waiting for other media outlets to jump in the circus) :sipping:

This tells me that Russian media knows very well who the people are who are using cheated technique and jumps and are taking advantage of the system. :war:

31 minutes ago, Melodie said:

In academic papers, you never identify the subject by their real name, so it is ridiculous how these foreign "media" are spinning it.  Those actually guilty of poor technique are actually  identifying themselves this way :P---how stupid and ironic.

I am sorry for the luck of my English ability, I can not translate his thesis (thank other translators in advance!). But the most interesting part in this thesis for me was that he took his 1F and 3F as examples for measuring the weight transfer on  the edge at their take off, and the result showed that his weight was on inside-edge in 1F but on outside-edge in 3F (remembering old days):laughing: But I think it is also possible he did it on purpose to show the difference clearly as the data. 

5 hours ago, IceWings said:

ETA:

I'm a little shocked that you can freely download it without having a paid subscription to the journal it was published in. Academic journals are usually pretty uptight about that. If I need an article for my work, I can either get an abstract or I have to find someone in the department who has paid through the nose for their subscription who is willing to help me with a download - or someone who has a physical copy of the thing already. We do have some departmental subscriptions but not many because they're costly.

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

At least even Russian media acknowledges the issues with the technique she teaches. 

So I saw the link and when I tried to download it crashed like many! :lol: /not like I can understand Japanese but so I can contribute to that  download numbers

I'm surprised at how quick they put out the download link for the published journal article of his thesis.. and  for free some more. If anyone wondering, it is a scientific paper published in a journal (by the univ), so obviously it was formatted/edited as an article and not as a full research report like his thesis. Depending on the journal requirement, usually a paper can range between 6 to 12 pages, comprising of the introduction, lit  review (or theoretical  background), method, and discussion/result/analysis, including abstract, conclusion and references. Basically similar format to the full thesis but much comprised, or taken only a few important substance, whichever the author wanted to include (or whichever suits the journal theme) in the publication. 

(I gotta say picking apart the full thesis/report and structure it for a journal can  be a pain in the butt :59227c768286a__s: but definitely a much easier read for others interested in the topic so good for them to make it available for free!!)

Also since it's an academic or scientific paper, it IS supposed to be neutral.. his research tried analyzing a chosen trend or phenomenon or solving a problem with an acceptable scientific method. So if any media even reported and citing names (which are not even there in his work), they KNEW the problem.. or WHO are the problem. Obviously they're completely aware of that. That's like admitting it themselves, I wonder if they realized because it's hilarious.