General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/24/2021 at 4:42 PM, Henni147 said:

I just saw that LMEY has hit 1.2 million views already!

About 40 K more and it will become the most viewed video of the ARD Sportschau channel that is not soccer related :ganba: 

Have we achieved that now? 

Even corrupted judges have to give Yuzu's 3As +5GOE most of the time! Otherwise it'd be a crime against humanity!!! Although I doubt they would care :gaah:

Yuzuru Hanyu, the Axel King, will be the first to land 4A and he will do so Yuzu-style, complete with bells and whistles. There is no doubt about it because he's da GOAT :9:

Just sorta missing THE waist of smolYUZU :puddingpooh:

On 4/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, senemgencer said:

First step must be to include in Olympic Commitee in every communication made on social media.

Secondly, unfair scoring is not only recent, there is a whole book about it:  The Second Mark. Courage, Corruption, and the Battle for Olympic Gold. We can use lots of content from the book to justify that ISU judges have been biased and corrupted especially when it comes to Olympics and that we do not want the history to repeat. And yes, no mention of Yuzuru here, the  focus should be demanding that unbaised judges should be removed from judges panels.

How can we define unfair or biased judges? One way is to identify those who have continiously overscored skaters from their own country. We have Martina Frammentino who has done excessive research and statistical analysis on this matter. Those stats can be used.

We can question why certain jumps /spins etc have been scored differently for every skater whereas the rules for scoring are very explicit: for example let's ask why a certain female skater's 3F was scored lower when a very similar 3F performed by another skater was scored higher. Or why Jason Brown's that element was scored lower than say Yuzuru's when it was executed almost the same?

"It is very difficult to make a 100% fair judgement with human eye, so while understand and appreciate judges' efforts, we suggest the use of AI technologies to minimise such errors" This is a desruptive statement which will frustrate both ISU and judges. We can even go as far as saying that there are studies made on this matter and prove that it is only a matter of months to prepare a very efficient scoring algorithm that will eliminate all questions.

The core of the strategy is to publicly say "Judging in Figure skating has been historically biased and unfair. There are many FS fans who believe that this is still the case. This will  be harmful for the future of FS.  We want to start a discussion about the ways to implement the best methods for a fairly judged Olympics. "

The hidden message is "Don't you think that we are not aware of what you are doing. We are very frustrated and we will raise our voices louder if you don't change: either the way you score certain skaters or the way you do the scoring."

Maybe we can think of other ways. I am prepared to reach some skaters who have competed at international level and someone who is at the Board of Art On Ice which is held in Switzerland for comments 

I just found the book "The Second Mark: Courage, Corruption, and the Battle for Olympic Gold" from the Internet Archive (https://archive.org/details/secondmark00joyg_0) where one can access the whole book. I'm including it in my "to read" list.

Do we have separate threads for discussing scoring or PR campaign for Yuzu matters? Both require careful consideration so we could maximize benefit for Yuzu and figure skating as a whole and minimize unintended consequences.  I do feel it's long overdue that ISU adopted at least more cameras, which because of organizational inertia probably wouldn't happen unless there are some external pressure. Anyhow, let's continue the discussion without being sidetracked by other discussions.

3 minutes ago, Maya said:

I just found the book "The Second Mark: Courage, Corruption, and the Battle for Olympic Gold" from the Internet Archive (https://archive.org/details/secondmark00joyg_0) where one can access the whole book. I'm including it in my "to read" list.

Do we have separate threads for discussing scoring or PR campaign for Yuzu matters? Both require careful consideration so we could maximize benefit for Yuzu and figure skating as a whole and minimize unintended consequences.  I do feel it's long overdue that ISU adopted at least more cameras, which because of organizational inertia probably wouldn't happen unless there are some external pressure. Anyhow, let's continue the discussion without being sidetracked by other discussions.

Maya thanks ! Great idea. I suggest to start a new topic as "PR campaign for scoring

sorry, for some reason the message was sent before I could finish the sentence:

"Maya thanks ! Great idea. I suggest to start a new topic as 'PR campaign for fair scoring' and carry on the discussion there. All ideas are welcome. "

Please feel free to contribute. Martina Frammartino may also be involved. I am guessing that Massimiliano Ambesi might be one of the first people who would be on our side in media :)

On 4/24/2021 at 9:55 AM, senemgencer said:

I watched Yuzuru's performances in SOI yesterday and today. I am getting more and more frustrated by the fact that alltough the quality of his performances keep getting better, the narrative in the past 2 years and the scoring system which continously act against his favor, put him at a different level than he actually his. If he worked with a PR agent (like Nathan Chen and Jason Brown do with IGM), things could have been different. But he choses not to. So we should respect that.

Leading the Pooh donation campaign last month, I was thinking if we could jointly do something for this before the Olympics season. I even talked to my neighbour who is one of Switzerland's best PR agents, he gave me lots of good ideas (How I wish I could hire his services, he is a first class international lobbyist). He proposed an approach that would corner ISU without looking aggresive, a strategy that would look professional and efficient. 

Do you think that we as fans should lead such a campaign? Any past experiences? I am not talking about change.org campaigns though. I mean a joint fan movement for Yuzuru on social media? Thanks for your input and comments

Sorry, what does PR stand for? Thank you very much in advance.

More Yuzu photobook. This seems to be a special book that will include lots of UA shots? RIP fanyus' wallets.

Google translate:

"👀

Carefully selected portraits of exclusive interviews and valuable interview cuts that can only be seen here.

The body that has been trained to the limit and the beautiful movements up to the fingertips stand out even more in practice clothes.

Rakuten Books: Yuzuru Hanyu Photobook-9784635550222: Book https://t.co/b4p7IxuBgb"

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

More Yuzu photobook. This seems to be a special book that will include lots of UA shots? RIP fanyus' wallets.

Google translate:

"👀

Carefully selected portraits of exclusive interviews and valuable interview cuts that can only be seen here.

The body that has been trained to the limit and the beautiful movements up to the fingertips stand out even more in practice clothes.

Rakuten Books: Yuzuru Hanyu Photobook-9784635550222: Book https://t.co/b4p7IxuBgb"

🤣 I literally saw that for pre sale on CD Japan on Friday and bought a copy. I had to look around a bit to ensure it was legit because CD Japan didnt have an image of it displayed 😂😂

About the Pooh rain: I think this should be one of the most iconic moments in the history of FS. He is adored beyond imagination. And this scares ISU, because they know that it will be impossible to flock so many people into arenas once he retires. They want to create a new superstar in USA with Nathan Chen so that they can increase their audience there, but they know that anywhere else in the world, he (or anyone else) will fail to replace the void. And there is no one else in the horizon that may do this either. 

From a marketing person's point of view, I can say that Yuzuru has a very powerfull advantage over all his rivals: "brand" loyalty. It is very similar to some football supporters' loyalty: we can liken Pooh rain to the spirit of Liverpool's "You will never walk alone" song. There is also a message of hope and appreciation the Pooh rain has given fans through some tough times - both on and off the rink. Yuzuru fans can connect with him at very different levels: he represents glory, suffering, injustice, frienship, hardwork and failure... everything an ordinary person can relate to and things that an ordinary person can not achieve. When Stephan Lambiel said that Yuzuru is the whole package, he meant the artistic and technical prowess but he ignored the most important component of the Yuzuru saga: he has a very powerful story and he knows how to win against authority. Look how he stole the show from everyone this year, his 4A attempt is the hottest topic. 

If I was a psychology student in Japan, I would love to write a thesis on him. The Pooh rain, to me, is a very interesting phenomenon.