General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I just saw that LMEY has hit 1.2 million views already!

About 40 K more and it will become the most viewed video of the ARD Sportschau channel that is not soccer related :ganba: 

And it can be done today. The rate of view growth is nearly alarming there! 😂

7 hours ago, senemgencer said:

I watched Yuzuru's performances in SOI yesterday and today. I am getting more and more frustrated by the fact that alltough the quality of his performances keep getting better, the narrative in the past 2 years and the scoring system which continously act against his favor, put him at a different level than he actually his. If he worked with a PR agent (like Nathan Chen and Jason Brown do with IGM), things could have been different. But he choses not to. So we should respect that.

Leading the Pooh donation campaign last month, I was thinking if we could jointly do something for this before the Olympics season. I even talked to my neighbour who is one of Switzerland's best PR agents, he gave me lots of good ideas (How I wish I could hire his services, he is a first class international lobbyist). He proposed an approach that would corner ISU without looking aggresive, a strategy that would look professional and efficient. 

Do you think that we as fans should lead such a campaign? Any past experiences? I am not talking about change.org campaigns though. I mean a joint fan movement for Yuzuru on social media? Thanks for your input and comments

It would be interesting to know what methods we, as sincerely outraged fans of both Yuzuru and figure skating, could employ to influence the ISU.  They do not seem to be interested in public opinion, yet they, ultimately, must be, in order to survive as a viable "business".  I believe that if we (on the Planet, but also through all forms of social media available to us globally), are presented with a proposal that has promise, will be mobilized.  Let's hear what can be done! (Also - I think that using Yuzu's name or likeness will not benefit any effort to have ISU make changes since their feelings towards him, specifically, seem to be cemented.)

This is OT, but I had a very interesting talk with a colleague today, who's a sports teacher, about the different components of sport and fitness.

He explained to me that the five traditional components of 'motor' fitness are the following: muscular power, speed, balance, coordination, precision and agility. Added to that there are general components of fitness: cardiorespiratory and muscular endurance, muscular strength and flexibility.

If you make a list of physical and psychological abilities that you need to be successful in different sports competitions, there is a lot of overlapping with the components mentioned above:

Physical abilities: speed, endurance, (muscular) power, balance, coordination, flexibility, precision, agility and timing/rhythm.

Cognitive/ psychological and 'meta' abilities: mental strength, reactivity, memory and calculation capacity, strategic knowledge, experience, bravery and creativity.

I had to chuckle about 'bravery' a little, but if I think about sports like ski jumping, cliff diving or various extreme sports, you definitely need it :laughing: Some elements in figure skating, especially in pairs, look really scary, too.

If I look at those abilities, it's remarkable that they all play an almost equally important role in figure skating and Yuzu is excelling at pretty much everything.

His YOLO jumps and improvised layout changes alone cover the whole set of psychological abilities :xD:

18 minutes ago, barbara said:

It would be interesting to know what methods we, as sincerely outraged fans of both Yuzuru and figure skating, could employ to influence the ISU.  They do not seem to be interested in public opinion, yet they, ultimately, must be, in order to survive as a viable "business".  I believe that if we (on the Planet, but also through all forms of social media available to us globally), are presented with a proposal that has promise, will be mobilized.  Let's hear what can be done! (Also - I think that using Yuzu's name or likeness will not benefit any effort to have ISU make changes since their feelings towards him, specifically, seem to be cemented.)

First step must be to include in Olympic Commitee in every communication made on social media.

Secondly, unfair scoring is not only recent, there is a whole book about it:  The Second Mark. Courage, Corruption, and the Battle for Olympic Gold. We can use lots of content from the book to justify that ISU judges have been biased and corrupted especially when it comes to Olympics and that we do not want the history to repeat. And yes, no mention of Yuzuru here, the  focus should be demanding that unbaised judges should be removed from judges panels.

How can we define unfair or biased judges? One way is to identify those who have continiously overscored skaters from their own country. We have Martina Frammentino who has done excessive research and statistical analysis on this matter. Those stats can be used.

We can question why certain jumps /spins etc have been scored differently for every skater whereas the rules for scoring are very explicit: for example let's ask why a certain female skater's 3F was scored lower when a very similar 3F performed by another skater was scored higher. Or why Jason Brown's that element was scored lower than say Yuzuru's when it was executed almost the same?

"It is very difficult to make a 100% fair judgement with human eye, so while understand and appreciate judges' efforts, we suggest the use of AI technologies to minimise such errors" This is a desruptive statement which will frustrate both ISU and judges. We can even go as far as saying that there are studies made on this matter and prove that it is only a matter of months to prepare a very efficient scoring algorithm that will eliminate all questions.

The core of the strategy is to publicly say "Judging in Figure skating has been historically biased and unfair. There are many FS fans who believe that this is still the case. This will  be harmful for the future of FS.  We want to start a discussion about the ways to implement the best methods for a fairly judged Olympics. "

The hidden message is "Don't you think that we are not aware of what you are doing. We are very frustrated and we will raise our voices louder if you don't change: either the way you score certain skaters or the way you do the scoring."

Maybe we can think of other ways. I am prepared to reach some skaters who have competed at international level and someone who is at the Board of Art On Ice which is held in Switzerland for comments 

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

The mixed feelings I have because Shirt on Ice really really really shouldn't be happening and I still can't bring myself to watch whole thing, but also he looks so relaxed and I just want him to be happy.:sadPooh:

You had me at Shirt on Ice :xD: