General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Speaking of 'blurry fancams of Yuzu taken with potato cellphones at competitions' reminds me of what may be the best fancam of all time – the blurry low resolution, bleached out colour fancam of Yuzu's world record FS at the 2017 Helsinki Worlds taken from one of the farthest seats in the venue by a totally invested Enrique CoMa who provides a wonderfully tearful and joyous commentary as he recorded what would turn out to be the best free skate in history. "Yuzuru Hanyu – I love you!" "Yuzuru Hanyu – you are the best!" He was predicting a score of 125... It has almost 1.09 million views. I watched it again and it still made me laugh and tearful at the same time!

Tears - expressing how every Fanyu feels, but with that great Spanish emotion.  (And Yuzu is so TINY in this - the miniature version of him - but you can still see the magic.)

It's just talking maself.

This week's work have finished now, I'm drinking coffee  at the cafe on the way my home which is located in Shinyokohama station. It's near Yokohama arena SOI is held. I can feel happy that I can feel Yuzu close.Todays show was over and I wish him having  comfortable time right time.

I'm one of big fan of him with good manered🤣so I'm just thinking about it and healing tired myself .

All of you guys, have a good weekend😊

Please refer to @yuzuangel's post regarding taking this off-topic conversation to PMs if you wish to continue it. We do not condone fetishization or racism, and sexual content is against the rules.

@senemgencerplease do not police what others may consider racist based on your own experiences. Your experiences are 100% valid, but others have other points of view based on their own experiences and those are also valid.

Please respect what we asked earlier about not continuing this off-topic conversation here. If you wish to continue it, take it to PMs.

18 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Maybe he wouldn't use other skaters' wrong jump as examples, in order not to embarrass them or to seem to direct any reproach at them; instead preferring showing what's wrong technique on himself, jumping the wrong way on purpose.

I wonder if a Japanese electronic company may propose him a collaboration on a software to score the measurable parts of figure skating.

There are footages of jumps that show only the feet, not the entire body of the skaters. Plus, with technologies nowadays, it is not hard to edit a video to ensure confidentiality. He could, for instance, convert the real life footages into models, kind of like the test he did on himself. And for sure, he would follow proper research protocols. Skaters name and info are safe, unless they want to be revealed.

Another thing, with Yuzu’s techniques on toe jumps, he can’t prerotate :Poohgaveup: Even his edge jumps require minimal prerotation. And IMO he can’t pretend to UR jumps because they might lead to injuries.

As for your question, I remember for his research, he used the sensors developed by a Chinese company that had branches in Japan (I can’t remember which one, although I do recall they were so proud of the fact that Yuzu chose their products). And for sure, there will be companies, not just Japanese ones, willing to collaborate with him :) 

Edit: I just remembered Yuzu can prerotate on his toe jumps, and that is with the Toeloop.  Weirdly or not, Toeloop belongs to the same group with Sal, Axel and Loop in that it needs prerotation. But his prerotation on the Toe is minimal too so...

I watched Yuzuru's performances in SOI yesterday and today. I am getting more and more frustrated by the fact that alltough the quality of his performances keep getting better, the narrative in the past 2 years and the scoring system which continously act against his favor, put him at a different level than he actually his. If he worked with a PR agent (like Nathan Chen and Jason Brown do with IGM), things could have been different. But he choses not to. So we should respect that.

Leading the Pooh donation campaign last month, I was thinking if we could jointly do something for this before the Olympics season. I even talked to my neighbour who is one of Switzerland's best PR agents, he gave me lots of good ideas (How I wish I could hire his services, he is a first class international lobbyist). He proposed an approach that would corner ISU without looking aggresive, a strategy that would look professional and efficient. 

Do you think that we as fans should lead such a campaign? Any past experiences? I am not talking about change.org campaigns though. I mean a joint fan movement for Yuzuru on social media? Thanks for your input and comments

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

[NEWS]

It's good to know they praised Yuzu a lot and they told the truth about his skating. It's also considerate of them to mention he had to quarantine after Worlds and that it was a disadvantage.

I finished uploading WTT and Worlds videos of Yuzu from Eurosport in different languages. You can check them all out in the video section if you'd like to watch them. :)