General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Melodie said:

Boyang for the Lutz, yes, but Flip? 

He needs outstanding examples of excessive prerotation, chronic UR, wacko change of edges, wrong edges all the way through, using the Lutz corner to hide edge issues, and landing on the inside edge too.

Didn't he jump them himself "the wrong way"? Which would have been a huge work of course.

Just now, SitTwizzle said:

Didn't he jump them himself "the wrong way"? Which would have been a huge work of course.

He did, yes. But since it's mentioned he also used other skaters' jumps for his research, I think it's possible he would draw out footages of jump issues from others too.

Plus, he no longer has serious edge issues in comps. His Flip at its worst is (!), not (e) anymore. 

There are plenty of footages of wacko jumps in recent years. It shouldn't be that hard to find some. 

8 hours ago, Pammi said:

OMG Max tweeting that Yuzu will skate LGC at SOI!!! did we know that already?? (Good) News to me!

WHITE COSTUME PLEEEEASE YUZURU!!!  :snonegai:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

So, am I the only one who is wondering if Yuzu feels he has unfinished business with LGC? As I recall, he never did go clean in competition with it. Maybe he's thinking he'll get that settled this time? 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

If anyone’s interested, the Sportschau video is over 1.113.000 views now. It got over 1m yesterday. 

Wow that's great.:cheer:

...and so many positive comments under the video. I'm so happy for Yuzu.:heartpound:

Edit:

The video has now 1.127.220 views.

Google translate 

Today's Sendai three years ago was a day full of blessings. I feel that the ordinary days when everyone can enjoy and have fun are far and far away. May everyone meet again with a smile in Sendai someday.

Sendai can really be proud of such a great athlete. 🙏🙏🙏

Happy 3rd anniversary of the parade in Sendai :img_21:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:
Happy anniversary! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Man, I can't believe it's already been three years! It feels like it was only yesterday when I watched the parade. I hope Yuzu and his beloved hometown will have many more moments of pure happiness and joy. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

Iirc, it was the reason why I finally created a PH account. I had been lurking since PC Olys, but I was desperate to get info on how I could watch the parade and you had to sign in to see the links or something.

It was also my first post to the planet when I said the parade T-shirt I ordered arrived that day so I was able to wear it while watching the parade. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

5 hours ago, IceWings said:

Iirc, it was the reason why I finally created a PH account. I had been lurking since PC Olys, but I was desperate to get info on how I could watch the parade and you had to sign in to see the links or something.

It was also my first post to the planet when I said the parade T-shirt I ordered arrived that day so I was able to wear it while watching the parade. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Same! the parade was the very first time I joined a livestream for Yuzu specifically,  instead of watching something like the Olympics.

9 hours ago, Melodie said:

He did, yes. But since it's mentioned he also used other skaters' jumps for his research, I think it's possible he would draw out footages of jump issues from others too.

Plus, he no longer has serious edge issues in comps. His Flip at its worst is (!), not (e) anymore. 

There are plenty of footages of wacko jumps in recent years. It shouldn't be that hard to find some. 

Maybe he wouldn't use other skaters' wrong jump as examples, in order not to embarrass them or to seem to direct any reproach at them; instead preferring showing what's wrong technique on himself, jumping the wrong way on purpose.

I wonder if a Japanese electronic company may propose him a collaboration on a software to score the measurable parts of figure skating.

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel like there should be a new one with the title ' blurry fancams of Yuzu taken with potato cellphones at competitions' --> I'd so win. 

Speaking of 'blurry fancams of Yuzu taken with potato cellphones at competitions' reminds me of what may be the best fancam of all time – the blurry low resolution, bleached out colour fancam of Yuzu's world record FS at the 2017 Helsinki Worlds taken from one of the farthest seats in the venue by a totally invested Enrique CoMa who provides a wonderfully tearful and joyous commentary as he recorded what would turn out to be the best free skate in history. "Yuzuru Hanyu – I love you!" "Yuzuru Hanyu – you are the best!" He was predicting a score of 125... It has almost 1.09 million views. I watched it again and it still made me laugh and tearful at the same time!