General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

More details on Yuzu's thesis here

PS: This one is not a tabloid right?

Long thread, so I will post all of them here for those who do not want to go through Twitter:

"What is the difference between success & failure of the jump?" Contents of the "30,000 words thesis" written by Yuzuru Hanyu  

Interviewed prof Shoji Nishimura,Waseda University. Sports Graphic Number, article written by Takaomi Matsubara (reposted on 4/15/21)

- Title of the thesis: A Feasibility Study of Utilization in Figure Skating by A Wireless Inertia Sensor Motion Capture System.

- The thesis consist of the following three parts: 

1. Analysis of jumps using Motion capture technology: Research based on data collected by himself attaching sensor (difference between successful & unsuccessful 3 & 4 jumps such as flight time, prep movement before jumps)

2. Analysis of jumps recorded in 2D video using AI: Analyze video of his own as well as other skaters

3. Analysis of jumps after reconstructing above 2D video to 3D: Undertook to make a 3D based from 2D video.

According to prof Nishimura, each or the 3parts consisting the thesis is at the level which could be stand alone as a thesis. 30,000 words are more than twice the average thesis. Hanyu pursues one subject to another to gain deeper understanding, as seen by its content&structure.

Professor Nishimura's impression on Yuzuru Hanyu can become a top-class researcher. His research field is new that would like him to lead. He is very articulate in communicating (make it really understandable of his research,) that he would make a great leader as well. Professor Nishimura spares no praise, saying, "It can be said that it is beyond the scope of a graduation thesis. Yuzuru Hanyu's thesis was so complete, I had not much to do.

- In thesis of Yuzuru Hanyu , there was written his sincere thoughts (to why he engaged in this study) It's hard to see the number of revolutions of a jump with the human eye. It's not that there is a mistake, but "I think that using the data will support the judges." -end-

PS: I do wonder which skaters made it to his thesis :hihi: 

I would say Boyang Jin.

4 minutes ago, Paskud said:

So here you can find scans from NUMBER magazine (so in Japanese), including new interwiew with Brian, interview with Shunji Iwai (author of Hana wa Saku lyrics) and some pretty pics.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/7037447188

Wow those are some super high quality scans!! Thank you so much! I don't even know how you find these Weibo links cuz I couldn't even make an account :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw:

7 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Wow those are some super high quality scans!! Thank you so much! I don't even know how you find these Weibo links cuz I couldn't even make an account :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw:

I don't have weibo account either.:68468287:

I'm not even in China.

Weibo is a total mistery to me, but I learned already that it's easier to open links to user accounts than their posts, but also if something doesn't want open to you, if you try to refresh it few times (sometimes on new tabs), then it should open to you at some point.:68468287:

Ok, I know that Yuzu is a seasoned traveler and is used to being away from home. But I cannot help thinking it has been a month since he has slept in his own bed and no chance of making it back there anytime soon I would imagine. How draining must this life be. If he had a goldfish it would probably be dead by now. If he had a cat it would have died of loneliness by now. If he had a girl/boy friend they would have dropped him by now. Granted that the past month must have been quite social for someone who has isolated for nearly 12 months.... I wonder if it has been a bit overwhelming catching up with so many people? Whichever way isn’t turns out I hope our Yuzu can find a way to return to a good night sleep in his own bed and the comforts of whatever normal products he uses on his bedside or bathroom cabinet, rather than hotel shower travel bottles and tiny wrapped soaps.

OMG Max tweeting that Yuzu will skate LGC at SOI!!! did we know that already?? (Good) News to me!

WHITE COSTUME PLEEEEASE YUZURU!!!  :snonegai:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
36 minutes ago, Pammi said:

OMG Max tweeting that Yuzu will skate LGC at SOI!!! did we know that already?? (Good) News to me!

WHITE COSTUME PLEEEEASE YUZURU!!!  :snonegai:

33 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

REALLY???? WOAH I'M SO EXCITED!! AND I HOPE HE WEARS WHITE!!

(Sorry, all caps was turned on, but I think it captures my feelings perfectly, so I'll leave it like that :embSwan:)

You guys should join us in this thread. We're hyperventilating over there right now lol 

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

SOI Yokohama thread is now open. Please post anything related to the show here:

Could someone please translate these words? I think they are discussing Yuzu's famous quote "Efforts may lie but will never be in vain," in relation to Rikako Ikee. Thank you :snonegai:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
15 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

In case you don't go to SOI thread, your prayer has been answered!!

15 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

ah Yuzuru you are wonderful, you must be a mind reader! I am sure its not just me who thinks Yuzu  looks heavenly in white......the ice can be a different colour at a show - purple might be good for the lighting!!

7 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

I would say Boyang Jin.

Boyang for the Lutz, yes, but Flip? 

He needs outstanding examples of excessive prerotation, chronic UR, wacko change of edges, wrong edges all the way through, using the Lutz corner to hide edge issues, and landing on the inside edge too. What else?