General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

OFF TOPIC but important for accessing more Yuzu sightings.

Perhaps it would be helpful to set up a special thread for accessing Japanese TV from overseas?    As I have mentioned before, I use ForJoyTV (weblink:  forjoytv.com ) to access Japanese TV which includes almost all the major channels as well as satellite and cable channels.  The only channels not included are FUJITV and affiliates (which is fine by me because I really dislike FujiTV).  I use service website for my everyday viewing of Japanese TV (from Canada), and I am often better informed than my family back home in Japan (lol).    TBS channels are included, so I will be able to watch SO live on CS-TBS.  

You can see from the screen that TBS is included, along with TB Asahi, FujiTV and all the other major channels. 

Are those US Dollars or Canadian Dollars? :drama:

(Please tell me they're Canadian, my British pocket would be very grateful)

49 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

That's JapanTV package interface, not Isakura. I'm not sure they have the channel that we need. I'm trying to find the list. 

Yes, I see now. Both are accessible through japannet but one is called isakura and the other Japan TV

this twitter user is saying they were able to subscribe for Japan TV (the 3 day trial).

I think it'd be channel 66, judging from that list, right?

EDIT: Link: https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/japan-tv-standard/

Spoiler

japantvStandard1a.png

Edited to add that I support @Umebachi's idea for Japanese TV for overseas fans! ^^

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, Oly Notte Stellata cannot stop at 1.8M. It must not. And Oly Chopin deserves more than 3M, too.

We can also replay this list of performances on their way to +1M views :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1vrjaDKcNQREvVXRSHB4l7JH0U1Zx2R

Parisienne Walkways from GPF 2013 is less than 4K views away from 1M.

Also, Skate Canada Origin has over 963 K views already.

And we definitely need a version of GPF Seimei and Helsinki H&L with +1M again.

The current distribution of +1M videos looks like this:

SP: 9 videos

FS: 13 videos

EX: 2 videos

Parisienne walkways:

Olympics 2014

Ballade No. 1:

GPF 2014, Olympics 2018, 4CC 2020

Otonal:

COR 2018 (fancam),  SC 2019JNats 2019

Let me entertain you:

JNats 2020,  Worlds 2021

Romeo & Juliet 1.0 (Worlds 2012):

B.ESP version, NBC version

Notre Dame de Paris:

Worlds 2013

Romeo & Juliet 2.0:

GPF 2013,  Olympics 2014

Phantom of the Opera:

CoC 2014 (Asahi)CoC 2014 (B.ESP),  GPF 2014

Seimei:

NHK 2016 (low quality),  Olympics 2018

Hope & Legacy:

Worlds 2017 (fancam)

Origin:

SC 2019

Ten to chi to:

JNats 2020

Notte Stellata:

Olympics 2018

Masquerade:

FaOI 2019 Sendai

EDIT:

It is interesting that there is no individual program that really strikes out. It's a relatively even distribution in time and music style. Lyrical programs seem to be just as popular among viewers as Japanese pieces or modern rock/pop numbers. And we have performances of every Olympic cycle from baby Romeo to LMEY today.

It's also visible that the videos did not went viral because of the enormous popularity of the music piece, but rather because of Yuzu's exciting and attracting way of skating.

Great playlist, and isn't there a playilist of all the vids above 1million too? I have a few playlists with e.g. the olympic vids, but the more the merrier:10814716:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

11 hours later it’s 48 thousand over a million. If things go at this rate... 

Fanyus be like "Since we didn't get the chance this season to cheer and scream for Yuzu in person and shower him with Poohs, let's give the videos of his amazing performances tons of views to show him our love and appreciation!" :cheer:

PS: The Sportschau LMEY video already has over 1,055,000 views!

A Sponichi spread on Uchimura Kohei's words of encouragement to Yuzu - "From the King of Summer Olympics to the King of Winter Olympics, who is attempting the unprecedented 4A"

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
59 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

A Sponichi spread on Uchimura Kohei's words of encouragement to Yuzu - "From the King of Summer Olympics to the King of Winter Olympics, who is attempting the unprecedented 4A"

15 minutes ago, Veveco said:

With the anniversary of the parade, it's time to revisit this, uhum, wonderful hashtag #羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権 :biggrin:

An old thread with some translations by lae for new (and not-so-new) members to enjoy :68468287:

I feel like there should be a new one with the title ' blurry fancams of Yuzu taken with potato cellphones at competitions' --> I'd so win. 

TBC with Shuzo-san pulling a muscle after trying Yuzu's warm-up exercises: In the aftermath, he was carried around on what looks like a trolley.

This looks painful but so hilarious :xD:

I'm sorry for laughing and get well soon, Shuzo-san!! 

PS: What kind of demon exercises did Yuzu do?????

More details on Yuzu's thesis here

PS: This one is not a tabloid right?

Long thread, so I will post all of them here for those who do not want to go through Twitter:

"What is the difference between success & failure of the jump?" Contents of the "30,000 words thesis" written by Yuzuru Hanyu  

Interviewed prof Shoji Nishimura,Waseda University. Sports Graphic Number, article written by Takaomi Matsubara (reposted on 4/15/21)

- Title of the thesis: A Feasibility Study of Utilization in Figure Skating by A Wireless Inertia Sensor Motion Capture System.

- The thesis consist of the following three parts: 

1. Analysis of jumps using Motion capture technology: Research based on data collected by himself attaching sensor (difference between successful & unsuccessful 3 & 4 jumps such as flight time, prep movement before jumps)

2. Analysis of jumps recorded in 2D video using AI: Analyze video of his own as well as other skaters

3. Analysis of jumps after reconstructing above 2D video to 3D: Undertook to make a 3D based from 2D video.

According to prof Nishimura, each or the 3parts consisting the thesis is at the level which could be stand alone as a thesis. 30,000 words are more than twice the average thesis. Hanyu pursues one subject to another to gain deeper understanding, as seen by its content&structure.

Professor Nishimura's impression on Yuzuru Hanyu can become a top-class researcher. His research field is new that would like him to lead. He is very articulate in communicating (make it really understandable of his research,) that he would make a great leader as well. Professor Nishimura spares no praise, saying, "It can be said that it is beyond the scope of a graduation thesis. Yuzuru Hanyu's thesis was so complete, I had not much to do.

- In thesis of Yuzuru Hanyu , there was written his sincere thoughts (to why he engaged in this study) It's hard to see the number of revolutions of a jump with the human eye. It's not that there is a mistake, but "I think that using the data will support the judges." -end-

PS: I do wonder which skaters made it to his thesis :hihi: