General Yuzuru Chat

I also believe Yuzu will do it. Go, Yuzu! :2thumbsup:

I'm actually thinking that he might keep trying to land the 4A during ice shows as he did with other jumps he was learning to do. The question is, are those ice show rinks even big enough to hold the Magnificent Beast?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
27 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

You should include links in the above table so we can all access the same videos to boost the view counts. All those performances certainly need more love :201111231756430f6:

I just added the links to the list  :winky:

It might make sense to pin that table somewhere? So that it doesn't get lost in the mass of posts here in the general chat.

6 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu appears to be more flexible now than he did 17 years ago. His legs are in a perfectly straight line! A perfect split!

I think it's the angle, because I recall the roundness of his Bielmann was the same when he performed it at the WC. Anyway, isn't it amazing that he still manages to keep it after all these years?:img_21:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I just added the links to the list  :winky:

It might make sense to pin that table somewhere? So that it doesn't get lost in the mass of posts here in the general chat.

maybe you can make a wiki for it? i can start a new thread where i post the wikis (most of them i got lazy and stopped editing, haha i should do it in this off season), and pin it :pudding: 

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I'm actually thinking that he might keep trying to land the 4A during ice shows as he did with other jumps he was learning to do. The question is, are those ice show rinks even big enough to hold the Magnificent Beast?

I wouldn't put too many of your hopes in ice shows for the debut or development of Nessie.  Fantasy on Ice this summer is canceled (which means almost everything else will cancel).  What I do think, however, is that Yuzu has whittled down his ideas of what to do next.  4A is next.  Everything else is incidental, even a 3rd consecutive Olympic gold although if he achieves that he will absolutely cement his status as Greatest of All Time.  Even now I would say that the majority of figure-skating commentators give him that title.  The 4A is the Holy Grail of figure skating although the notions of 5anything also are up there, but the 4A stands supreme because nobody has done it and except for Yuzu nobody seems to be putting serious effort into achieving it, thinking it's impossible or right now not worth the effort.  Yuzu is making the effort and if he succeeds he'll do what he has before - raise the bar.  If Yuzu achieves a 4A then everyone's attention will be on 5's, whether toes, salchows or whatever.  Yuzu, if he is continuing in competition might just go ahead and decide he wants to do a 5A (don't take me seriously here).  In any case a Yuzu threepeat in Beijing plus a 4A will mean that men's figure skating since the 2013/14 season will be deemed the age or Hanyu.  Not even Nathan with all his aerial acrobatics, can claim that.  Yuzu for the last decade has been the individual all the other male skaters have been training to surpass, Nathan included.  Some have, of course, but right now I would be willing to bet that all upcoming skaters are still training to beat Yuzu, even though he's lost some in the last couple years.  It all boils down to this comment made by Johnny Weir (before he bought into the Nathan storyline) that "Nobody can beat a PERFECT Yuzuru Hanyu."  That was true back when Yuzu rewrote the record book back in 2015 and remains so today.  A perfect Yuzuru Hanyu remains the joker in the deck when looking to see how male skating competitions might turn out.  

9 hours ago, hananistellata said:

The international fan struggle of having to search everywhere for a single crumb of ice show content, unless someone streams it we are doomed. :')

TBS channel 2 can be watched through isakura.

You need the Pro Plus version (4$ for 3 days)- It'll be streamed on Channel 60

https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/isakurapro-plus/ 

But the website right now is giving me a popup that currently, registrations of new accounts aren't possible :think:

I wonder if it's possible to watch through Japannet (3.50$ for 3 day trial), or does it make no difference?

24 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

TBS channel 2 can be watched through isakura.

You need the Pro Plus version (4$ for 3 days)- It'll be streamed on Channel 60

https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/isakurapro-plus/ 

But the website right now is giving me a popup that currently, registrations of new accounts aren't possible :think:

I wonder if it's possible to watch through Japannet (3.50$ for 3 day trial), or does it make no difference?

do you know if japannet allows downloads after?

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

i've read that isakura doesn't, not sure about japannet.

Japannet is just another website where you can buy an isakura suscription. You will be using isakura system anyway. 

For now, both sites (http://www.isakuraiptv.com/ and https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/isakurapro-plus/) have problems registering new accounts.

1 minute ago, EternalSpin said:

Japannet is just another website where you can buy an isakura suscription. You will be using isakura system anyway. 

For now, both sites (http://www.isakuraiptv.com/ and https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/isakurapro-plus/) have problems registering new accounts.

but from the guide, the interface on japannet looks different :think:

ZQuuReL.png

4 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

but from the guide, the interface on japannet looks different :think:

ZQuuReL.png

That's JapanTV package interface, not Isakura. I'm not sure they have the channel that we need. I'm trying to find the list. 

OFF TOPIC but important for accessing more Yuzu sightings.

Perhaps it would be helpful to set up a special thread for accessing Japanese TV from overseas?    As I have mentioned before, I use ForJoyTV (weblink:  forjoytv.com ) to access Japanese TV which includes almost all the major channels as well as satellite and cable channels.  The only channels not included are FUJITV and affiliates (which is fine by me because I really dislike FujiTV).  I use service website for my everyday viewing of Japanese TV (from Canada), and I am often better informed than my family back home in Japan (lol).    TBS channels are included, so I will be able to watch SO live on CS-TBS.  

3 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

That's JapanTV package interface, not Isakura. I'm not sure they have the channel that we need. I'm trying to find the list. 

You can see from the screen that TBS is included, along with TB Asahi, FujiTV and all the other major channels. 

2 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

OFF TOPIC but important for accessing more Yuzu sightings.

Perhaps it would be helpful to set up a special thread for accessing Japanese TV from overseas?    As I have mentioned before, I use ForJoyTV (weblink:  forjoytv.com ) to access Japanese TV which includes almost all the major channels as well as satellite and cable channels.  The only channels not included are FUJITV and affiliates (which is fine by me because I really dislike FujiTV).  I use service website for my everyday viewing of Japanese TV (from Canada), and I am often better informed than my family back home in Japan (lol).    TBS channels are included, so I will be able to watch SO live on CS-TBS.  

You can see from the screen that TBS is included, along with TB Asahi, FujiTV and all the other major channels. 

Thank you! A special thread would be great. I remember how this year's Jnats fluff thread became a tech support topic :matrix:

and apparently, JapanTV doesn't have a download option.