General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

The view count has increased over a thousand since I viewed it a couple of hours ago! That's amazing!!! 

It's 21 views shy of 1,013,000 views now! Off I go to contribute more now :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Pressing on for 14 thousand now. :) well done! 

7 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Excuse me but do we Fanyus have nothing else to do except for replaying LMEY?? It's at 1,015,506 views now :smiley-laughing021:

Oh, but there’s a possibility those are fledgling Fanyus who only just encountered our Lord. 

21 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh, but there’s a possibility those are fledgling Fanyus who only just encountered our Lord. 

I don't mean to keep track of the view count but it's increased by another thousand, yet again. I'm getting dizzy with this speed lol

I just rewatched H&L again, twice, once with @Wyell's 4K video and one with the English subbed Spanish commentary. I kept getting goosebumps whenever he successfully jumped and by the end, I was so moved I could cry. Especially when I saw how happy he was in the K&C receiving his score, knowing his efforts had been rewarded. It's been so long since he was truly happy in the K&C that I could not help but feel sad. I hope all the people who did him dirty get their karma one day!

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, the true caveat here is that while Yuzu has proven that it's feasible, taking motion capture and AI-type technology from a research environment and making it into a robust and easy-to-use system that can be deployed at competitions around the globe by the average end user (that is to say, any Luddite fossil) for a reasonable cost and upload results in real time, is a whole other ball game. It will probably happen but I expect it to take at least ten years, maybe more. 

Precisely my point - in figure skating, it is a 'mind blown' moment. Consider how many actual figure skaters competing today obediently parrot the party line of 'you can't be objective in figure skating". Consider how hide-bound and resistant to change the sport is. 

To play devil's advocate for a moment though, using motion-capture technology to judge technical elements might just encourage the ISU to go even further down the road of having a 'technical' program and an 'artistic' one instead of SP and FS. If they decided to adapt technology-based judging at all, the so-called 'technical' program is where I'd expect to see it come up. 

This is why I had asked if, should a federation experiment such a system for minor national competitions, ISU would try to crush them (or if they would be forced to give it a wider try if it works). And first, would they be allowed to do so, as per the rules (at international competitions, I'm sure they wouldn't).

Well, there may also exist federations independent from ISU but I don't even know if there are for figure skating and in which countries, while I know there is at least one good such federation in France for gymnastics.

Because designing such a system wouldn't take very long, even with many parameters taken into account. A few months, if there are means.

4 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Even countries with no figure skating presence appreciate Yuzu and his accomplishments. I remember seeing an article about Yuzu in Vietnamese too. Our boy is Mr. International:coolio:

In Turkey too!!

The series Artist appreciating Yuzu is continuing with conductor Daisuke Nagamine.

There's no FaOI this year so let's all watch Masquerade and Crystal Memories again! Dont forget CiontU too!!!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 4/20/2021 at 7:41 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Why am I visualizing something like this now:

As fun as that would be, could you imagine how many cranky-pants 'real figure skating fans'  would get their knickers in a twist over it?  The fuss over Pooh rain would be nothing in comparison. 

But you know, if Yuzu ever decided to really use his stardom and stage a rock-concert-style skating extravanganza at Tokyo Dome, I'll be there with every lightstick I can buy, all to wave for him. 

Tbh when I first saw the lights from the audience  it reminds me of kpop concerts  with  fans holding/swinging  the lightstick haha! Also  the technology now allows it to be controlled/programmed so it could change color or  blink accordingly (sorry bad description) but ofc that can't always work for skating unless it's exhibition when the lights are mostly out.

Seconding your sentiment on the  concert, I  would definitely do so  too.. /might have to save some good amount of  money though :lol:

p.s. also hello @ nct doyoung~ i know him :67638860:

Oh and on the topic of his thesis.. usually it will be published in the univ repository or whatever equivalent of it before it's published in a scientific journal. When it's published in a journal, our chance of publicly accessing it may be higher. But it could be different in Jpn I'm not at all familiar with it. By the years he took to carefully did the research and wrote the thesis I feel like he could be eligible for a masters but I think it's amazing and admirable how he's managed to achieve that!!

The thing about thesis or academic paper is, as much significance or highly important it is, not many are actually used to bring about change.. so the fact that he crafted his work with a purpose to make the sport better (to say it simply) makes me wish more that one day, it could be implemented or at least be considered as a solution..

24 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:
Omg this is too much Yuzu!!! Spare us!!! (But no please don't stop lol)

I have to cross post this here! It's just too sexy :10742290:

Btw, was Haru-chan being baited here? I wanna know what's going on!!

Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Veveco said:

If bored, we can always switch to Seimei (16M a few days ago) or NS (which I despair to see reach 2M)

:wink_star:

Yes, Oly Notte Stellata cannot stop at 1.8M. It must not. And Oly Chopin deserves more than 3M, too.

We can also replay this list of performances on their way to +1M views :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1vrjaDKcNQREvVXRSHB4l7JH0U1Zx2R

Parisienne Walkways from GPF 2013 is less than 4K views away from 1M.

Also, Skate Canada Origin has over 963 K views already.

And we definitely need a version of GPF Seimei and Helsinki H&L with +1M again.

The current distribution of +1M videos looks like this:

SP: 9 videos

FS: 13 videos

EX: 2 videos

Parisienne walkways:

Olympics 2014

Ballade No. 1:

GPF 2014, Olympics 2018, 4CC 2020

Otonal:

COR 2018 (fancam),  SC 2019JNats 2019

Let me entertain you:

JNats 2020,  Worlds 2021

Romeo & Juliet 1.0 (Worlds 2012):

B.ESP version, NBC version

Notre Dame de Paris:

Worlds 2013

Romeo & Juliet 2.0:

GPF 2013,  Olympics 2014

Phantom of the Opera:

CoC 2014 (Asahi)CoC 2014 (B.ESP),  GPF 2014

Seimei:

NHK 2016 (low quality),  Olympics 2018

Hope & Legacy:

Worlds 2017 (fancam)

Origin:

SC 2019

Ten to chi to:

JNats 2020

Notte Stellata:

Olympics 2018

Masquerade:

FaOI 2019 Sendai

EDIT:

It is interesting that there is no individual program that really strikes out. It's a relatively even distribution in time and music style. Lyrical programs seem to be just as popular among viewers as Japanese pieces or modern rock/pop numbers. And we have performances of every Olympic cycle from baby Romeo to LMEY today.

It's also visible that the videos did not went viral because of the enormous popularity of the music piece, but rather because of Yuzu's exciting and attracting way of skating.

28 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, Oly Notte Stellata cannot stop at 1.8M. It must not. And Oly Chopin deserves more than 3M, too.

We can also replay this list of performances on their way to +1M views :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1vrjaDKcNQREvVXRSHB4l7JH0U1Zx2R

Parisienne Walkways from GPF 2013 is less than 4K views away from 1M.

Also, Skate Canada Origin has over 963 K views already.

And we definitely need a version of GPF Seimei and Helsinki H&L with +1M again.

The current distribution of +1M videos looks like this:

SP: 9 videos FS: 13 videos EX: 2 videos

Parisienne walkways

Ballade No. 1               (3x)

Otonal                          (3x)

Let me entertain you  (2x)

Romeo & Juliet 1.0         (2x)

Notre Dame de Paris

Romeo & Juliet 2.0        (2x)

Phantom of the Opera  (3x)

Seimei                            (2x)

Hope & Legacy      (fancam)

Origin

Ten to chi to

Notte Stellata

Masquerade

You should include links in the above table so we can all access the same videos to boost the view counts. All those performances certainly need more love :201111231756430f6:

Edit: Yuzu should be come a model whose signature is walking on skates. With his kingly vibes I'm sure all those haute culture looks would still be flying out of the atelier lol