General Yuzuru Chat

Now that we are getting more details about Yuzu's thesis and sexy galaxy brain, I don't know if anyone has posted it here yet (and I couldn't find the link anymore), but it seems Yuzu finished the required credits within two years so actually  most of his uni life was spent on researching :)  

13 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

a summary of yuzu's thesis? the autotranslate makes him sound a lot more direct than he usually is :laughing:

[deleted]

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

WARNING:  Please be careful and don't give clicks to this article!  This is published in that notorious women's gossip magazine that stalked him.  The article misreads the thesis and ascribes incorrect meaning to certain terms: there is no "anger" in his thesis.   

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

I should like particularly all antis, who will undoubtedly gloat at the word "anger", to notice judges' leniency towards excessive prerotation is maybe the flaw which had never affected his own placements/medals. For instance, until this very season (and his thesis was already submitted and accepted), Nathan Chen has never had excessive prerotation. A bit more than Yuzuru Hanyu himself, but I've read repeatedly that, contrary to this tabloid assertions, a 1/4 turn prerotation, like Nathan Chen's, is perfectly acceptable, and indeed the post-2018 rule book writes that only a "clear forward" (most jumps) or a "clear backward" (Axel) take-off has to be called.

So basically, he chose an example he was personally not a victim of. The noble knight flying to the rescue of Princess Rika or Princess Alyona if you want. ;-) (Or a three-year-after "avenging" of Javier Fernández' Bronze instead of Silver but I much doubt it. In fact I think he just chose the very flaw which lack of detection didn't affect him personally.)

Well, in a way he was affected, too. Maybe not in final placements, but many upcoming youngsters were able to put massive pressure on him with heavily pre-rotated jumps that were showered with huge GOE.

• It started all with Shoma's heavily pre-rotated quad Flip that notoriously received GOEs between +2 and +3 under the old system. Yuzu was really lucky that Shoma had a step out on his 3Lz in Helsinki 2017. Otherwise he would have won the competition and Yuzu would still be a one-time world champion. The difference between them in the combined total was something around two points.

• Next is Dmitry Aliev with his pre-rotated full blade quad Lutz. That Lutz almost received the same GOE as Boyang's textbook Lutz in Pyeongchang 2018. With a TES of 56 he was able put a very decent amount of pressure on the entire final SP group.

• Then we had Vincent Zhou with excessively pre-rotated and also mostly underrotated quad Lutzes and Flips. In spite of that his Lutz was ratified as the first clean quad Lutz at the Olympics. With a TES of 112 Vincent had the second highest technical freeskate score behind Nathan in Pyeongchang. Three points higher than Yuzu's Seimei.

• Let's not forget about Alexander Samarin, who's pre-rotated quad Lutz combination still holds the world record for the highest scored technical element in figure skating history with 5.42 GOE and 21.12 points in total (COR 2019). It superseded Yuzu's textbook 4T+1Eu+3F combination from Skate Canada that got 4.07 GOE and a total of 20.90 points.

• And last but not least Nathan Chen, who now managed to "stabilize" his triple Axel by pre-rotating an entire half turn and taking off backwards. This may not have influenced Yuzu's thesis, but it influences him now and his scientific research might be a key to eliminate this disadvantage.

So all in all. Yes, the pass on excessive pre-rotation definitely had an influence on Yuzu's own skating career, too.

EDIT:

I did not even mention skaters like Stephen Gogolev, who trained together with Yuzu and was celebrated as Canada's future around 2018. He also had a pre-rotated quad Lutz. Daniel Grassl even manages to pre-rotate his quad Loop a full turn, which I thought is humanly impossible, but it is.

24 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

WARNING:  Please be careful and don't give clicks to this article!  This is published in that notorious women's gossip magazine that stalked him.  The article misreads the thesis and ascribes incorrect meaning to certain terms: there is no "anger" in his thesis.   

Which woman is this? And she's a reporter?! Good heavens, some people need better outlets for their anger and things to do in their spare time than fixate.

Should I post it here? Does everyone still go back to the WTT gala thread? 

Anyway, here is WTT Hana wa saku - commentary-free version :) 

All credits go to @da5ani on Twitter. If you are here amongst us, thank you so much!!!

PS: Please move this post and archive the video if necessary :) 

1 minute ago, Kat said:

Which woman is this? And she's a reporter?! Good heavens, some people need better outlets for their anger and things to do in their spare time than fixate.

It is not a specific woman reporter.  This is a women's magazine that is well-known for producing gossip articles.  A tabloid, in other words. 

Spoiler

The same magazine that made false claims about "discovering" Yuzu's fiancee - a total fabrication.  

1 minute ago, Umebachi said:

It is not a specific woman reporter.  This is a women's magazine that is well-known for producing gossip articles.  A tabloid, in other words. 

Hide contents

The same magazine that made false claims about "discovering" Yuzu's fiancee - a total fabrication.  

Oh lord 🤦. Anything for clicks. Nevermind journalistic malfeasance.

36 minutes ago, Wyell said:

Good news guys, LMEY WTT is finally unblocked on YouTube! :clap:

No commentary 4K!

Woohoo! :rock:

Thank you so much for your hard work! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Your videos are truly a blessing for my eyes and ears. I've never been able to enjoy Yuzu with so much clarity and no disturbances (in the form of commentary).

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Well, in a way he was affected, too. Maybe not in final placements, but many upcoming youngsters were able to put massive pressure on him with heavily pre-rotated jumps that were showered with huge GOE.

• It started all with Shoma's heavily pre-rotated quad Flip that notoriously received GOEs between +2 and +3 under the old system. Yuzu was really lucky that Shoma had a step out on his 3Lz in Helsinki 2017. Otherwise he would have won the competition and Yuzu would still be a one-time world champion. The difference between them in the combined total was something around two points.

• Next is Dmitry Aliev with his pre-rotated full blade quad Lutz. That Lutz almost received the same GOE as Boyang's textbook Lutz in Pyeongchang 2018. With a TES of 56 he was able put a very decent amount of pressure on the entire final SP group.

• Then we had Vincent Zhou with excessively pre-rotated and also mostly underrotated quad Lutzes and Flips. In spite of that his Lutz was ratified as the first clean quad Lutz at the Olympics. With a TES of 112 Vincent had the second highest technical freeskate score behind Nathan in Pyeongchang. Three points higher than Yuzu's Seimei.

• Let's not forget about Alexander Samarin, who's pre-rotated quad Lutz combination still holds the world record for the highest scored technical element in figure skating history with 5.42 GOE and 21.12 points in total (COR 2019). It superseded Yuzu's textbook 4T+1Eu+3F combination from Skate Canada that got 4.07 GOE and a total of 20.90 points.

• And last but not least Nathan Chen, who now managed to "stabilize" his triple Axel by pre-rotating an entire half turn and taking off backwards. This may not have influenced Yuzu's thesis, but it influences him now and his scientific research might be a key to eliminate this disadvantage.

So all in all. Yes, the pass on excessive pre-rotation definitely had an influence on Yuzu's own skating career, too.

EDIT:

I did not even mention skaters like Stephen Gogolev, who trained together with Yuzu and was celebrated as Canada's future around 2018. He also had a pre-rotated quad Lutz. Daniel Grassl even manages to pre-rotate his quad Loop a full turn, which I thought is humanly impossible, but it is.

Thank you!

I definitely meant, affected in placements/medals. I mean, had he targeted uncalled flaws which really cost him Gold, he could have determined good/bad landing (with smoothness of landing...), excessive entry delay, number of rotations in spins (sometimes he fails there too but then he's always called), etc.

And, yes, this very season uncalled excessive prerotation had a lot to do in not getting Gold but then, his thesis was already submitted and accepted, so it had no influence in his choice. I don't know how Rafael Arutyunyan views this thesis. After all, when it was known, it was still time to go back to a leeengthy ugly preparation into an awkward 3A, instead of the planned spread eagle into a << 3A. I suppose they hope this prerotation will be less huge by Olympics? In this case it is a smart move. But seeing judges blatantly ignoring this prerotation in spite of the thesis is really spitting on Yuzuru Hanyu. I mean, it is not only downgraded as it should be per the rules, it is not even called <.

@Veveco

She not only is the true winner, I think she represents all of us fanyus, and his "with love" autograph is also directed to us. :10742290: