General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Just shake along while holding your phones. Just imagine what an awesome effect it would be to have a rink full of people moving their lights along with the music. :happydance:

2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

LOL. But you’ve got to admit, it would be an interesting effect. Though perhaps a bit distracting for the overlord. 
:embSwan:

Why am I visualizing something like this now:

As fun as that would be, could you imagine how many cranky-pants 'real figure skating fans'  would get their knickers in a twist over it?  The fuss over Pooh rain would be nothing in comparison. 

But you know, if Yuzu ever decided to really use his stardom and stage a rock-concert-style skating extravanganza at Tokyo Dome, I'll be there with every lightstick I can buy, all to wave for him. 

13 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

a summary of yuzu's thesis? the autotranslate makes him sound a lot more direct than he usually is :laughing:

[deleted]

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I was gonna post this, and would love to have some confirmation from the satellites who are fluent in Japanese. Anyway, yes, I also have a feeling he really went off with his thesis, and rightfully so :sipping:(remind me of Javi LOL).

Raf, Eteri, Hamada and other like-minded coaches, he is talking to you :sipping:

PS: I edited a bit since I found the summary for his thesis :) 

a summary of yuzu's thesis? the autotranslate makes him sound a lot more direct than he usually is :laughing:

[deleted]

wow I was reading the English auto-translation, it was quite direct... I guess the journalist did some paraphrasing? But I would also be glad if they are his own wordings. 

From this article, he mainly doubted about the calling of pre-rotation, not GOE or PCS. 

The magazine itself though... I remember it is a problematic magazine?

[deleted]

Please note that the source is Josei Jishin who have stalked Yuzuru and taken paparazzi style photos.  Please take it with a grain of salt.  Also may I suggest if someone wants to read it to take a screenshot rather than giving clicks to the link (even if it is via yahoo news).

13 minutes ago, mambook said:

Please note that the source is Josei Jishin who have stalked Yuzuru and taken paparazzi style photos.  Please take it with a grain of salt.  Also may I suggest if someone wants to read it to take a screenshot rather than giving clicks to the link (even if it is via yahoo news).

Totally agreed.

What they write is mostly scandals and trashes.

Even if they actually obtained his thesis, it is possible they only used the part which they feel suitable to their conclusion. Unless I see his whole writings I would not believe a word of their report. 

58 minutes ago, JanMary said:

wow I was reading the English auto-translation, it was quite direct... I guess the journalist did some paraphrasing? But I would also be glad if they are his own wordings. 

From this article, he mainly doubted about the calling of pre-rotation, not GOE or PCS. 

The magazine itself though... I remember it is a problematic magazine?

It is a tabloid magazine, yes, so we should only take parts that are direct quotations. The "anger" part is most likely interpretation though, for click and attention. Still, I think the message is clear. 

[deleted]

I'm typing it out here, yeah?

:) 

A feasibility study on utilization in figure skating by a wireless inertia sensor motion capture system 

By Yuzuru Hanyu

Summary: The wireless inertia sensor-type motion capture does not interfere with the operation of the device wearer. As a result of the experiment, it became clear that when jumping figure skating on the skating rink, the position of each joint can be accurately obtained. In addition, by analyzing the skeleton, it is possible to identify the center of gravity and the contact points (where the pressure increases on the ground and the (?) where it is installed, and the jump strictly follows the rules. It was possible to quantitatively clarify whether the jump was strictly according to the rules. 

8 minutes ago, Melodie said:

:) 

I love how the Abstract (generally the most difficult paragraph of a scientific thesis or dissertation) pretty much tells you everything about his thesis.  All the rest of it will be what he was trying to look for, how he went about finding out what he was trying to find out, and what he did find out.  What, why and how.  He's going to change scoring forever (and it needs changing....)

Just now, barbara said:

I love how the Abstract (generally the most difficult paragraph of a scientific thesis or dissertation) pretty much tells you everything about his thesis.  All the rest of it will be what he was trying to look for, how he went about finding out what he was trying to find out, and what he did find out.  What, why and how.  He's going to change scoring forever (and it needs changing....)

tbh the ISU needs to be abolished first before anything changes