General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, micaelis said:

Is it my imagination but I recently saw a video of Yuzu at age seventeen.  I know it's more or less impossible, but it seems to me he's gotten better-looking in the few years between then and now.  His face has filled out and his physique has lost its adolescent gangliness.  What do you think?

I just rewatched GPF2012 (the whole men's event) and then Yuzu's GPF2013 programs and all I could think was that this noodly little boy was pretty much the best in the world at the time (among others like Takahashi and Ten and Chan). At the time it was hard to imagine that skating could be any better but now I'm so used to his maturity and strength and even just his build (I think that filling out has helped him have a much more like... confident, majestic kind of physical presence on the ice) that watching him skate back then is kind of jarring. He looks so skinny in those old videos. I notice it mostly in his legs when I watch old programs and when I watch stuff from the last two years I notice how much he has filled out across his shoulders. It's weird because he still looks the same but there's also a noticeable difference in maturity just from looking at his face. It's like he somehow looks like a man now without looking like he's actually aged.

[NEWS]

I hope I did it right!

So, as I understand, he had to go through 2 weeks of quarantine (after worlds)? While the athletes from abroad just needed to do a PCR and stay in the hotel??? I do understand he lives there, but couldn't there be an arrangement for him to stay in Osaka already, training at the official rink, with drivers that would be working for WTT already? That seems like a disadvantage for him 😥

https://www.nhk.or.jp/ashita/english/song/254_10028.html

Hana wa saku by the primary school choir "Il Pellicano"

"Two years ago I saw Yuzuru Hanyu skating to this song and I heard it for the first time. What I saw and heard was utterly wonderful! Last January I decided to tell the choir children what had happened on 3.11 and showed them the video of the performance; they were amazed and immediately asked me to sing the song.
We want to thank the composers and Mr. Hanyu for showing us a real and inspirational beauty and we pray for all who passed away and those who are still suffering in Japan."

:img_20:

PS: The beautiful video is in the link. It is not geoblocked so please click and enjoy :7938863:
This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].
11 hours ago, Melodie said:

https://www.nhk.or.jp/ashita/english/song/254_10028.html

Hana wa saku by the primary school choir "Il Pellicano"

"Two years ago I saw Yuzuru Hanyu skating to this song and I heard it for the first time. What I saw and heard was utterly wonderful! Last January I decided to tell the choir children what had happened on 3.11 and showed them the video of the performance; they were amazed and immediately asked me to sing the song.
We want to thank the composers and Mr. Hanyu for showing us a real and inspirational beauty and we pray for all who passed away and those who are still suffering in Japan."

:img_20:

PS: The beautiful video is in the link. It is not geoblocked so please click and enjoy :7938863:
This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

The children's singing made me cry. A little seed that Yuzu had planted with his program has bloomed into so many children's beautiful smiles.

The banner "YUZU Smile for us". I wonder if Yuzu has seen this video.

6 時間前, SeimeiOriginさんが言いました:

Sorry. Do not know where to write this but I love the new Planet banner. Gorgeous. 

Could someone tell me how to change to the new PH banner?

When I log out, it appears, but once I log in, it returns to the old one (still his birthday banner :confused: )