General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, CaroSkate said:

As a person who uses zoom every day at work, the zoom picture with "Hanyu Yuzuru" almost gave me a heart attack.

:knc_yuzu1:

I can only imagine. I have used at least 4 platforms now and still I felt my heart almost stopped for a moment :xD:

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

I'm hoping someone will sub this soon~ 

The main take-away from this interview:  Yuzu has been very much focused on 4A - and sometimes spends 3/4 of his 2 hour practice on 4A only.  Shuzo-san asks why?  why not leave the 4A aside for now and concentrate on winning the next Olympics and beating his rival NC?  (he is asking what everyone wants to know)!

Yuzu frames his response in the following way:  Figure skating is both competitive/athletic sports and an artistic expression.  His ideal goal is now is not to pursue 4A on its own ("just land it and declare victory" version) but to jump it "perfectly", meaning (and he himself elaborates) to integrate 4A as part of the entire performance, so that it become part of the flow (and beauty) of the program.  He has this image clearly as the legacy of "Yuzuru Hanyu" that he wants to leave behind in his skating career.  Winning the Olympics is no longer the goal.   

From this interview, I am beginning to see TTCT as an ideal program in which to integrate the 4A into the program: he will be able to keep all his edge jumps and present his athleticism in a beautiful narrative that expresses his philosophy as well as way of life.   If he is not able to perform this program to his satisfaction by Beijing 2022, then I think he will continue to compete until he attains his goal.   We have another year until Beijing: it will be a challenge to land (he hasn't landed one yet, although he has already jumped 4A more than a thousand times) and to perform it with a perfect flow.   So, my speculation is that he will persevere in this quest regardless of the Olympics outcome.   

This is both a frightening and exhilarating vision.  He has clearly thrown the glove on the ice (a la Masquerade) in a major challenge - to himself and no other. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Just now, Geo1 said:

No, he works on landing the quad Axel perfectly every time and goes for his quad Olympic gold medal... "Ah but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" – Robert Browning

I agree (see my post above).  He is in an excellent physical conditiion and getting stronger and his skating is really getting better.  And his landings are so light that they do less damage to his body compared to other skaters, and he will be able to continue competing for a bit longer. The fact that he changes his boots only once every season is a sure sign that his landings are light!  

31 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

The main take-away from this interview:  Yuzu has been very much focused on 4A - and sometimes spends 3/4 of his 2 hour practice on 4A only.  Shuzo-san asks why?  why not leave the 4A aside for now and concentrate on winning the next Olympics and beating his rival NC?  (he is asking what everyone wants to know)!

Yuzu frames his response in the following way:  Figure skating is both competitive/athletic sports and an artistic expression.  His ideal goal is now is not to pursue 4A on its own ("just land it and declare victory" version) but to jump it "perfectly", meaning (and he himself elaborates) to integrate 4A as part of the entire performance, so that it become part of the flow (and beauty) of the program.  He has this image clearly as the legacy of "Yuzuru Hanyu" that he wants to leave behind in his skating career.  Winning the Olympics is no longer the goal.   

From this interview, I am beginning to see TTCT as an ideal program in which to integrate the 4A into the program: he will be able to keep all his edge jumps and present his athleticism in a beautiful narrative that expresses his philosophy as well as way of life.   If he is not able to perform this program to his satisfaction by Beijing 2022, then I think he will continue to compete until he attains his goal.   We have another year until Beijing: it will be a challenge to land (he hasn't landed one yet, although he has already jumped 4A more than a thousand times) and to perform it with a perfect flow.   So, my speculation is that he will persevere in this quest regardless of the Olympics outcome.   

This is both a frightening and exhilarating vision.  He has clearly thrown the glove on the ice (a la Masquerade) in a major challenge - to himself and no other. 

Thank you for this summary! :201111231756430f6:

I hope Yuzu can achieve his goal and produce the perfect performance that he's striving for. Knowing him, it's not suprising at all that he doesn't just want to jump the 4A and land it. He wants to integrate it into his performance and create something that is not just a figure skating program but a masterpiece that combines athleticism and art in perfection. I'm certain that Yuzu will make his vision come true and look forward to what he will show us yet.

I've been rewatching a couple of Yuzu's earlier performances that already won him medals, but it's astonishing how much he's improved in the last couple of years. His skating has reached a level that was absolutely unthinkable before him. He's getting better and better and keeps surpassing himself. I'm so grateful that he keeps on skating and keeps on improving and giving us more of himself and his art and craft.

And if, in addition to creating the ultimate masterpiece that a clean H&E with a fully integrated, beautiful 4A will be, he should win his third Olympic gold medal in passing, well, that would be the ultimate strawberry on top. :pouty:

Pardon my omission.  In spinning my vision of Beijing and Yuzu next year I neglected to mention the omnipresent 4A.  The most dramatic way for him to reveal it would be in the long program at Beijing.  A successful accomplishment there would make it impossible for the judges to hold back the points.  The 4A is the Holy Grail of figures-skating.  If Yuzu debuts and lands a successful 4A in Beijing the judges would risk getting lynched if they don't hand him the gold.

48 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

No, he works on landing the quad Axel perfectly every time and goes for his quad Olympic gold medal... "Ah but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" – Robert Browning

Sure that if he wants all quads, he will not only have to throw a 4F some time in a less important championship, he "will have to" get 4 Olympic Golds. :jester:

If judges dare ratify a << prerotated 4A from another skater meanwhile, I think I will be ready for real action, not merely protesting.

I am waiting for a complete translation but I had the impression that he would not attempt a 4A during WTT, even in the Gala. I just hope he will skate to his satisfaction, which is much more demanding than mine (I find some of his programs "with errors" to be wonders while he aims to absolute perfection).

1 minute ago, amylance1215 said:

Google drive link for prosperity's sake. Maybe one of these days the Planet will need a section for Yuzu's short goofy, sexy, silly videos like these. :201111231756430f6:

LOL I will gladly add it. Thank you :animated-smileys-love-erotic-045:

Tho are there enough of these vids to warrant a section, or should I just put it under 2021 Worlds?

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

LOL I will gladly add it. Thank you :animated-smileys-love-erotic-045:

Tho are there enough of these vids to warrant a section, or should I just put it under 2021 Worlds?

Yuzu has quite a few clips like these from I*U and the likes, so mostly from official comps I think. Maybe we can include them in the appropriate competition folders. 

So this moment is the when they filmed the first part of that tiktok vid haha

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].