General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

You can see a bit of Yuzu here at 0:33, 4:18 and 4:49. 

This baby mushroom Zu is too adorable for words :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

I'm :smiley-laughing021: over the way he surveys the room from the top of the podium -- sort of checking out what the world looks like from that height. I can almost hear him thinking: "Cool! I LIKE it up here!"

:hihi:

1 hour ago, caterpillar said:

It's from this interview: 

I'm not certain exactly where, but it's in there somewhere 

Aah ok thank you!! :7938863:

1 hour ago, JanMary said:

And it's so beautiful... I like the black and gold design, and Yuzu's signature carved on back, what a pity it's too big... 

It looks elegant  actually..  but I think it's not really for people with smaller wrist.

41 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

One of the facts is that Yuzu said he loves taylor Swift and Lady Gaga and I did not know that :surprised:

I was trying to recall if I had read about it somewhere before but my memory is  getting weaker so I  can't really trust anymore lol. I'd just consider I  haven't read about it before.. but  imagine him jamming to their songs using his expensive hi-tech earphone?? :rofl3:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Start around 10:43 till 11:15 of part 1 :)

Thanks!! :7938863:

edit: oops omg I'm sorry I was meant to add this reply to my already posted comment but for some reason it posted  as a new  comment.. my apologies. :14066882:

And I have nothing to contribute fjklasj  hmm.... ahh... well anyway I hope Yuzu's having a good quarantine time and eating lots of good food (like pudding, strawberry, gyoza) and his training is going well!  :67638860:

5 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

I was trying to recall if I had read about it somewhere before but my memory is  getting weaker so I  can't really trust anymore lol. I'd just consider I  haven't read about it before.. but  imagine him jamming to their songs using his expensive hi-tech earphone?? :rofl3:

Well considering how he got really into Call Me Maybe, I'd say he enjoys his pop music!

Masquerade really hits me in the guts.

Out of any figure skating performance that i have ever seen by any man or woman, this one gives me the most primal feels and brings me to literal tears.

To me, this performance encapsulates the constant struggle over the past 10 years between:

The Honne of Yuzu the individual person who has sacrificed himself to be the absolute everything for everyone else and

the Tateme of Hanyu-san, the GOAT, the athlete, the media star, the national representative, the object of our affections and the face of the 3.11 disaster. 

One of them will win this struggle in the end but I don't know who it will be. I hope it is the one that gives this man the peace he deserves.

Thank you to Yonkaiten Pixel (sorry, cannot remember your Satellite name) for your work on the video.

5 hours ago, 180267 said:

Supporting Yuzu does not mean supporting Orser.   

Without Orser and his team, Yuzu will not have built up the fantastic skating skills.  Yuzu himself knew he needed to develop new skills that he could not get while skating in Japan, so he personally chose Orser and TCC as the place to continue his growth.  NHK documentary on Yuzu's early days at TCC in 2013 offers great inside look at this story.  I am deeply deeply sorry you feel this way and recommend that you watch this (must be in the PH video archives).  

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Well considering how he got really into Call Me Maybe, I'd say he enjoys his pop music!

Yes I think his references of music is pretty wide so it's definitely possible that he also enjoys lots of pop music. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I'd love to see his playlist he probably has multiple of it set for specific occasion or mood just like us mere human..

7 hours ago, Ladysci said:

I would totally wear the new one.  Love large watches and the red minute markers, the gold markers, and the black case, which would go with most of my clothes. Unfortunately, there is no way to get one :sad4:

You can get one! International fan can get from T-mall. Problem is the website is in Chinese so you have to know the language. Another problem (for me) is shipment is only by sea. I'm not sure if this is a product restriction or destination issue but for this product, only sea shipment is available. For the previous watch, it took 1 month to sea ship form China to Singapore. I still cannot believe it will take one month (granted, it also took me several days later to realise I need to log in to check shipping cost and pay for it, so that's some days lost. They did not email me to notify me of separate cost). 

I was a bit skeptical about the big watch cos my wrist is a quite thin but I went to a Citizen shop just to try out big watches and it looks alright to me. Kinda sporty looking which I like. 

This watch doesn't sell as fast as the first one. Maybe because it is a male watch and there aren't that many male fanyus and maybe because some females don't find big watch suitable on the thinner wrist. On T-mall, it still has 168 pieces left (yesterday was about 170+). 

Anyway, for those interested, here's the direct link. Just be warned of the long long shipment time. 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-b-s.w4011-14529176342.87.59ea6301oyyOSD&id=642349443931&rn=25362bb5d825b1f74f0737c53fe0fff8&abbucket=17

On 4/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, SitTwizzle said:

This makes me wonder.

Yuzuru Hanyu has declared reasons not to come back to train in Toronto (being alone to train for frequent run-throughs). They are certainly true, he never lies. But Canadian borders control may be another, and he may have avoided evoking them not to embarrass Canada in their border control policy (there is a political politeness at stake for a country who welcomed him for so long, and probably also the consideration that a good border control has been one of the most efficient policies to this date, though of course we cannot speak for him). Given that, I now wonder which reason weighs more, and what he would do if border control would permit him to enter (and should there be no danger for Canada or himself and his mother). Well, this is somehow casuistics, just a bit relevant because of Brian Orser's interview. He says his student doesn't come because of border control, while this student has publicly declared he wasn't coming because of ice time organisation, and Brian Orser may be right though.

I think we also need to remember that when asked a question on the spot, most people don't really go into heaps of detail or even touch on all the things they've thought about or that they know about the topic. I know that personally, I often find myself thinking hours or days later of things I could have added to a conversation or essay but that weren't at the surface of my mind at the time. Border control is so completely out of his hands that he might have stopped thinking about it months ago. There's probably someone monitoring that situation for him who'll let him know if things change or look like they're going to - until then, he'd just be wasting energy worrying about it so why think about it at all? I don't think he meant anything by not discussing border control. 

3 часа назад, Umebachi сказал:

Without Orser and his team, Yuzu will not have built up the fantastic skating skills.  

I am deeply deeply sorry you feel this way. At his 17 Yuzu had very good skating skills and would certainly have improved them even without Orser.