General Yuzuru Chat

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Looks like they realized there are male fanyus. That's a man's watch if I ever saw one, or at least designed to appeal to a male audience.

You think so? I thought it would look well on the ladies too, when they wear sporty stuff. It just doesn't seem to go well with fluffy dress, high heels and cutie pie make up :grin:

4 minutes ago, Melodie said:

You think so? I thought it would look well on the ladies too, when they wear sporty stuff. It just doesn't seem to go well with fluffy dress, high heels and cutie pie make up :grin:

It looks too large for most female wrists. I'm a large lady myself and something that size would be far too big even on my wrist. The colour scheme isn't necessarily boyish, although for my own taste I'd like more red and gold, but that combo definitely would suit menswear.

and by big, I mean, it will be awkward to wear, kind of big.

15 hours ago, 180267 said:

I always believe in Yuzu no matter what Orser said. And I trust Yuzu, not Orser. Orser is like Johnny Weir to me.

No doubt. His talent, his nature, his jumping technique and other skills are not the merit of Orser.

I'm wondering what is the reason for this strong view about Orser being like JW.

Was it any particular incidents or events that led you to have this?

I have no doubt that TCC/Brian & Co. (including Javi) were the necessary ingredients in shaping Yuzu as the skater that he's now. Brian did have some foot-in-mouth incidents before in the past and that Yuzu did not agree 100% with what Brian had said but the general views about their relationship has always been very positive. Even great athletes need some guidance and it's necessary for seeking help from others to overcome their challenges and adversities sometime. Others' point of view is a valuable source of feedback for performing arts and judging sports.

With the pandemic continuing for longer periods, Yuzu'd need to think of a long term training plan that would suit his goal and his needs. I feel the training in Sendai has its benefits as well as the real possibilities of long lasting impact on his physical side that he may have to consider carefully. Training for 4A has unknown physical effect that includes serious injuries. Yuzu himself has said recently that lacking of physiotherapy is something that his body cannot ignore. So his interviews sounded to me, he really has to make a decision based on what is his priority. That includes he has to make decisions that may have to sacrifice or compromise in order for the goal/need to be fulfilled. As a mere fan, I just accept whatever he decides but that does not stop me from worrying for the consequences that comes with the decision.

However, I trust Yuzu in making right decisions for himself. I feel Yuzu is at the crossroads in terms of deciding his training base. He will consider every possibilities of choosing where to go from here and make the right decision.

@180267, I do not agree with your view on Orser but I do agree with you that I trust Yuzu. And also, Yuzu does trust Orser so I don't understand why you cannot trust Yuzu's trust in Orser. Teacher/student relationship don't work if it's one sided. They both trust each other and that trust led them to 2OGM. That is my view on Yuzu and Orser.

2 минуты назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

And also, Yuzu does trust Orser

Спойлер

To be honest, I have a different opinion. Their relationship has changed a lot.

Well, I wish Yuzu to find good medical support in Sendai (as Kikuchi-sensei was). No one knows about 4A more than Yuzu himself. So I believe in his success and wish him fruitful training at his homerink. Gamba Yuzu!

7 minutes ago, Melodie said:

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It looks too large for most female wrists. I'm a large lady myself and something that size would be far too big even on my wrist. The colour scheme isn't necessarily boyish, although for my own taste I'd like more red and gold.

and by big, I mean, it will be awkward to wear, kind of big.

Large watches have been in fashion for women for quite a while now. For example, Michael Kors women’s watch case sizes are as large as 45 mm or more. The case size is measured diagonally across the face of the watch from the outer perimeter of the (usually) round watch case.

I started collecting and gifting Citizen watches in August 2019 shortly after Yuzu became the marketing ambassador for Citizen China. @rockstaryuzu you can attest to how small my wife is. She is a small woman with correspondingly slight wrists, but she really likes large watches. Since I started buying Citizen watches, I have had to buy duplicates of watches because she only wants to wear the men’s watch styles. The cases of these watches range between 41 mm and 46 mm. (46 mm is large even for a guy.)  My wife wears them with everything from casual clothes to fully dressed up and I think they look great on her. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. Her lady friends immediately noticed the oversized watches and many of them are now converts and wear oversized watches as well.

Citizen is still conservative in the sense that their women’s line of watches are still the traditionally small “women’s” watch size.

9 minutes ago, 180267 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, I wish Yuzu to find good medical support in Sendai (as Kikuchi-sensei was). No one knows about 4A more than Yuzu himself. So I believe in his success and wish him fruitful training at his homerink. Gamba Yuzu!

It wasn’t Kikuchi who treated him from that injury in 2016, it wasn’t Kikuchi he turned to when he had two ligament injuries. Stop contorting the facts. Kikuchi was very helpful as a physiotherapist at the competitions, but the core of medical assistance Yuzu used during his latest years was Toronto-based. Kikuchi was never there when Yuzu trained at TCC.

4 минуты назад, Fay сказал:

It wasn’t Kikuchi who treated him from that injury in 2016, it wasn’t Kikuchi he turned to when he had two ligament injuries. Stop contorting the facts.

Stop contorting the facts (с). Did Yuzu say that he needed those doctors who treated his injuries? Не say Well, everyday I’m alone and practicing without a coach. Also, yes, stuff like aftercare was difficult too and I haven’t visited the doctor who helps me with [off-ice] care" (thanks to @yuzueco and team for kindly provided translation).

I know that there is a part of the fandom who doesn't really like BO. I didn't research into the detailed history, but my impression is that this is mostly related to the early period of the coaching (for example, some fans think Brian is not supportive to Yuzu during and after 2016 WC (the DT incident and Javi party event), not supporting Yuzu to upgrade the technical difficulty etc). As I knew Yuzu only after 2018, I didn't experience that period of time and don't know whether these stories are exaggerating. But this narrative is known among many fanyus.

From a personal perspective, these two recent interviews after 2021WC from Brian quite changed my opinion towards him. 3 years into this fandom, this is the first time I see Brian understands Yuzu's status in Japan and show a real unconditional trust in him. Maybe Brian was being modest or just wanted to promote TCC, in Brian's previous interviews, Yuzu is usually pictured as an ordinary TCC student who has a lot of fans. Those interviews sometimes made me doubtful whether Brian is providing enough support to Yuzu, because I believe Yuzu do need more support than an ordinary popular student in TCC. Of course I don't know the details, but this just remained a question mark in my mind. 

I believe TCC is supportive for Yuzu. Maybe not to the degree some fans wanted, but the overall effect should be positive. I can see his skating skills really improved from 2012 to 2014. Not mentioning Shae and Jeff and DW created so many masterpieces with Yuzu. But now it seems Yuzu has developed his own method of training, and the hardest period of training alone has passed. Training in Sendai while keep email communication with coach team maybe also a good option. 

Anyway, I always trust Yuzu's decisions. He knows what is the best for himself.

2 minutes ago, 180267 said:

Stop contorting the facts (с). Did Yuzu say that he needed those doctors who treated his injuries? Не say Well, everyday I’m alone and practicing without a coach. Also, yes, stuff like aftercare was difficult too and I haven’t visited the doctor who helps me with [off-ice] care" (thanks to @yuzueco and team for kindly provided translation).

How come you didn’t realise you said exactly the same thing I did? Yes, he does need Toronto-based doctors at the very least. And whatever you say, Kikuchi wasn’t the one who treated him for a number of injuries - which was the way you made it sound. Possibly without realising you did. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Kikuchi wasn’t the one who treated him for a number of injuries

Somehow in my memory, Yuzu was treated in Tokyo after his injuries.... Please correct me if I'm wrong. But maybe his rehabilitation is done in Toronto with his Toronto physician? 

Anyway we all agree that the "doctor" in Toronto is really important for Yuzu. I think Kikuchi san is more of a trainer than a doctor to him. 

2 минуты назад, JanMary сказал:

5 минут назад, Fay сказал:

Yes, he does need Toronto-based doctors at the very least. Kikuchi wasn’t the one who treated him for a number of injuries

Did Yuzu say he was injured? Did Yuzu say he does need Toronto-based doctors? No, these are your speculations.

7 minutes ago, JanMary said:

I know that there is a part of the fandom who doesn't really like BO. I didn't research into the detailed history, but my impression is that this is mostly related to the early period of the coaching (for example, some fans think Brian is not supportive to Yuzu during and after 2016 WC (the DT incident and Javi party event), not supporting Yuzu to upgrade the technical difficulty etc). As I knew Yuzu only after 2018, I didn't experience that period of time and don't know whether these stories are exaggerating. But this narrative is known among many fanyus.

From a personal perspective, these two recent interviews after 2021WC from Brian quite changed my opinion towards him. 3 years into this fandom, this is the first time I see Brian understands Yuzu's status in Japan and show a real unconditional trust in him. Maybe Brian was being modest or just wanted to promote TCC, in Brian's previous interviews, Yuzu is usually pictured as an ordinary TCC student who has a lot of fans. Those interviews sometimes made me doubtful whether Brian is providing enough support to Yuzu, because I believe Yuzu do need more support than an ordinary popular student in TCC. Of course I don't know the details, but this just remain a question mark in my mind. 

I believe TCC is supportive for Yuzu. Maybe not to the degree some fans wanted, but the overall effect should be positive. I can see his skating skills really improved from 2012 to 2014. Not mentioning Shae and Jeff and DW created so many masterpieces with Yuzu. But now it seems Yuzu has developed his own method of training, and the hardest period of training alone has passed. Training in Sendai while keep email communication with coach team maybe also a good option. 

Anyway, I always trust Yuzu's decisions. He knows what is the best for himself.

It’s a long protracted story. I was there at GS when Boston happened, and god, did Brian get his share of hate! Most were certain Yuzu would leave him ASAP after his defeat at the Worlds. He never did. In fact he started spending most of his time in Toronto - before then he had been a peripatetic student sharing his time between Canada and Japan. Then in autumn 2016 the story went like Tracy was the supportive one (since Yuzu said Tracy talked to him), Brian was an unfeeling git pushing his favourite Javi in front of Yuzu for that Olympic gold. And so on, and so on, so on. 
After years of this shit I grew a very thick hide. These are all grown-up people, they are sure to have their ups and downs, they might even go separate ways. But while they were working together, it’s ridiculous to try and deny the contributions they made to each other’s careers and successes. All of them deserve respect. 

3 minutes ago, 180267 said:

Can you read? 

1 minute ago, 180267 said:

Did Yuzu say he does need Toronto-based doctors?

Actually he said that in his post 20JN interview and post 21WC interview... maybe without that "s", we don't know how many doctors he has in Toronto.

He may not return to Toronto after the pandemic, but he also may. We can just wait for his decision and not judge for him which training base is the best for him.

5 minutes ago, JanMary said:

Somehow in my memory, Yuzu was treated in Tokyo after his injuries.... Please correct me if I'm wrong. But maybe his rehabilitation is done in Toronto with his Toronto physician? 

Anyway we all agree that the "doctor" in Toronto is really important for Yuzu. I think Kikuchi san is more of a trainer than a doctor to him. 

No, he stayed in Toronto after his left foot injury was revealed in 2016. He stayed off the ice for good three and half months then. The same with the ligament injuries, he stayed around ten days in Japan after the first one happened, then went to Toronto. The same with the second injury on the same foot in 2018. 
It seems that he stayed in Japan for his rehabilitation after the Olympics, but this is Yuzu, no knowing where he was exactly. 
Why are we so hung up on where he was? Because someone wants to gloat at Brian?