General Yuzuru Chat

48 minutes ago, 180267 said:

I always believe in Yuzu no matter what Orser said. And I trust Yuzu, not Orser. Orser is like Johnny Weir to me.

No doubt. His talent, his nature, his jumping technique and other skills are not the merit of Orser.

Wow - I am stunned at just how wrong you are.  All great athletes have great coaches.  Period.  Yuzu would have done well, because he is driven and phenomenally gifted, but without the correct coach, he wouldn't have been able to rise as he did.  He went to TCC to work on quads - so he knew he needed that coaching to achieve the best quads.  And comparing Brian Orser to Johnny Weir?  Are you kidding? Not only is JW not a coach, his attitude is mercurial and self-serving.  Just, wow.

1 hour ago, 180267 said:

No doubt. His talent, his nature, his jumping technique and other skills are not the merit of Orser.

No matter how much natural talent Yuzu may have had in 2012, he would not have grown into the skater he is now without the coaching and guidance of Brian Orser. It was Yuzu who sought Brian’s help. In the documentary, “Spirit of the Athletes (2012)”, Yuzu went to Brian in order to improve his quads, particularly the Salchow. Brian recognized that Yuzu was exceptionally talented, but also immediately saw that he needed to work on his skating skills so that he would have a solid foundation upon which to build. Yuzu initially wondered why he had to sacrifice jumping time for skating skills, but realized the value of learning his skating skills when his jumps failed him in the long program at 2012 Skate America and his program component scores held him up. Now Yuzu is famous as the “complete skater” and his artistic skating is universally recognized – thanks to Brian's coaching and guidance.

There's a difference between a Trainer and a Coach. Brian is one of the best - sending out a big heart for him - Yuzu is the best proof of this. All of his past lead him to where he is today, I don't doubt the TCC had have a big impact to this. So yes, I trust Brian and Yuzu to make the best decisions and I believe in both 💕

10 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Now Yuzu is famous as the “complete skater” and his artistic skating is universally recognized – thanks to Brian's coaching and guidance.

.....and Javi's too :nod2: (EDIT: well, Javi's presence helped him to progress further, according to Yuzu, and Javi too has said this, they helped each other, and Brian recognised and encouraged their training friendship - I just dont want to leave Javi out of it because Yuzu emphasises how important he was in that training environment, and I get sad when I realise Javi erasure is rife!)

5 hours ago, 180267 said:

Well... Yuzu said that training conditions at rink of Sendai are better than at the TCC (including condition of the ice). So, yes, I trust Yuzu.

Yuzuru seemed to be referring to the fact that he was the only one there skating so he could play his music over and over again. The condition of the ice might be better just because no one else is skating around on it.  Still must be hard to be there all alone each day with not much encouragement from others. I hope he can go back to Canada when the pandemic is over. 

In all this talk about how responsible was Brian for Yuzu's success one major element has been overlooked and that's Javier Fernandez.  Yuzu acknowledged how much Javi had helped him over the years and we should acknowledge that.  I don't think we should underestimate Javi's (unintended) role in making Yuzu the skater he was.  Having another world class skater training with him was certainly a means by which Yuzu's own skills could improve.  The two, both guided by Brian, were able to feed off each other in their development as skaters.  If Brian was the cake, Javi was the icing.

11 hours ago, 180267 said:

I think he remain at home. In Sendai he's really supported, in action, not words.

Sendai does not have anywhere near the kind of diverse professional support that he can get at TCC.   Also, Canadian sports medicine is superb (I am benefiting from them myself after decades of unresolved physical issues) and he would need them badly as he intensifies his training on 4A, which is quite risky and should be done with experienced professionals close at hand.  I am very impressed by TCC's management philosophy which emphasizes a very respectful and team-oriented approach toward their athletes.  Unfortunately, this is such a rare and precious phenomenon in high-level sports clubs, and especially in FS. 

Spoiler

I am saddened by the cynical attitudes taken by some fans towards the TCC coaches - why? because they seem earnest and sincere?  

18 hours ago, caterpillar said:

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I wrote a sonnet based around Yuzu's message for WTT and I thought I'd post it here. 

when you are on the ice you seem to blaze

and glitter as the music starts to play

it's almost searing, looking at your face

but nigh impossible to look away

and even off the ice, as fiercely gleams

the burning fire of your intellect;

the eloquence with which you share your dreams,

your thoughtfulness, compassion, and respect 

but over all of that, how much more bright

shimmers your kindness, like a guiding star

you say that you would like to be our light

but don't you know that you already are?

no matter what you do or where you go

the essence of your nature is to glow

Wow! well done!

:clapclap4:

37 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Comparison between the latest release and the previous one :) 

I would totally wear the new one.  Love large watches and the red minute markers, the gold markers, and the black case, which would go with most of my clothes. Unfortunately, there is no way to get one :sad4: