General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Yuzurella said:

I believe that Yuzu will overcome all obstacles and become even stronger. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

This makes me wonder.

Yuzuru Hanyu has declared reasons not to come back to train in Toronto (being alone to train for frequent run-throughs). They are certainly true, he never lies. But Canadian borders control may be another, and he may have avoided evoking them not to embarrass Canada in their border control policy (there is a political politeness at stake for a country who welcomed him for so long, and probably also the consideration that a good border control has been one of the most efficient policies to this date, though of course we cannot speak for him). Given that, I now wonder which reason weighs more, and what he would do if border control would permit him to enter (and should there be no danger for Canada or himself and his mother). Well, this is somehow casuistics, just a bit relevant because of Brian Orser's interview. He says his student doesn't come because of border control, while this student has publicly declared he wasn't coming because of ice time organisation, and Brian Orser may be right though.

On 4/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, Henni147 said:

In case of Kurt it feels like some sort of redemption commentary. I still remember very vividly all the not so nice things he said about Yuzu shortly before the ISU awards... That's why he belongs somewhere between category 2 and 3 for me.

Carol has indeed moved to category 4 with the latest 'I don't care'-blunder. However, I had the impression that - overall - she's been quite complimentary towards Yuzu throughout the years with many iconic quotes and I do believe that it was honest.

@citrusjunos Now that we are at it:

Typical category 6 people are Max Ambesi, Daniel Weiss (Ger), the Chinese fellows from CCTV, Nobu and Shuzo and some others.

C5 are the likes of Belinda Noonan, Mark Hanretty, Angelo Dolfini and so on. Maybe Charlie White, too.

C4 are the literal ticking bombs LOL. Can be great, but also a blooper like Carol Lane or Simon Reed.

C3 yeah... well I've unblocked Kurt. Let's see what he will make out of his second chance.

C2 Chris Howarth. I used to like him on B.ESP. But ever since his move to the ISU channel things went downhill with him. Also TAT, with her attitude towards Jason and some other takes in recent years. Terry Gannon? Sometimes I have the feeling that he tries to be nice, but breaks under the pressure of TJ.

C1 Obviously TJ. I did not believe that they could become even worse after US Nationals, but yes. They did. Yags, too (maybe not directly with Yuzu, I don't know, but he did too much other damage).

agreed on your ranking 🤣

also, I'd put commentator/ friend/ supporter Javi in C6 as well. Or maybe we need to make a separate category just for him 🤭🤭🤭

51 minutes ago, Anni said:

[NEWS]

Another part of the interview with Brian

Thank you to @orangesrgd for the translation :agree:

"He gives off a feeling like watching a child who traveled alone and became an adult":softYuzu:

Spoiler

Great, I think something has to be said. This person isn't doing Japanese->English translations, but Japanese->Chinese->English. They take translations from fanyus from weibo (Info Station or other fans).

"Original" Japanese->Chinese translation here. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4624499020139040

https://weibo.com/quail919

I'm NOT complaining. This is probably the only english translation that we will have and it's always better than nothing. But I think it's better to be aware of it.

26 minutes ago, Paskud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Great, I think something has to be said. This person isn't doing Japanese->English translations, but Japanese->Chinese->English. They take translations from fanyus from weibo (Info Station or other fans).

"Original" Japanese->Chinese translation here. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4624499020139040

I'm NOT complaining. This is probably the only english translation that we will have and it's always better than nothing. But I think it's better to be aware of it.

Spoiler

Unfortunately I cannot open the link. But thank you for your info, I did not know this. :sleep:

46 minutes ago, Melodie said:

:laughing: :puddingpooh:

OMG!! Yonkaiten Pixel has uploaded this today on YT in 4K HD, such great quality!! I think it's Sendai FaOI.

Such a great performance, and that 3A! :003:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Anni, don't worry. As I said, it's always better than nothing. At least for me.

Sorry for jumping in between but I agree with you :) We also have quite a lot of people who are fluent in Japanese here. If anything, we can always double check :) 

37 minutes ago, Pammi said:

OMG!! Yonkaiten Pixel has uploaded this today on YT in 4K HD, such great quality!! I think it's Sendai FaOI.

Such a great performance, and that 3A! :003:

Yep it is from Sendai. I also upscaled the Makuhari one but it's blocked on YouTube. @yuzuangel made a special folder for me on PH, so I can at least share it with you all here though (thank you again!): 

Check back later if it's still only at 720p. 4K takes a while to process!