General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

This song really touched me as i was listening to it (+ reading the lyrics) this morning. I've been having a tough time recently and it made me feel a bit more hopeful. I'm really happy that Yuzu recommended it v-v 

Still, i couldn't find it on spotify :// I would love to listen to it regularly, but it seems it's not meant to be. 

It's not on Spotify probably because the song wasn't produced for commercial purposes - it was created as an act of pure love for the young athletes and I think there is only this video that they made publicly available.  This fits so well with Yuzu's values and world view...   Some of the fans are now asking the band to produce the song as an album.

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hi Japanese speakers/translators 💕

How would you translate the phrase "You are our light" (like as a response to Yuzu's message, "I hope I can be someone's light.")

I am thinking of putting it in a banner if that's appropriate :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0dgUw1qdlkyg: (let me know if you think it's not haha)

Thanks in advance!

What about "Anata wa watashitachi no kibo no hikaridesu." This translates to "You are our beacon of hope."

I do not know how to write this in Japanese characters, but Google translate or one of the Japanese satellites should be able to help.

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

It's not on Spotify probably because the song wasn't produced for commercial purposes - it was created as an act of pure love for the young athletes and I think there is only this video that they made publicly available.  This fits so well with Yuzu's values and world view...   Some of the fans are now asking the band to produce the song as an album.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=back+number+suiheisen

Here`s the yt version. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

The bands intentions are noble, but it frustrates me nonetheless! Haha. I guess i might make it into an mp3 file an upload it manually for personal use v-v 

But it is indeed very Yuzu like. 

40 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

The bands intentions are noble, but it frustrates me nonetheless! Haha. I guess i might make it into an mp3 file an upload it manually for personal use v-v 

But it is indeed very Yuzu like. 

hopefully after this mention they will consider releasing it on Spotify too! 🙏

So more people around the world can commiserate about this difficult situation, “all in this together” style

22 hours ago, MssSwan said:

Excuse me the privilege, when I was in mid school all my teacher did was yell at us so could be quiet :sipping:

Nah, it depends for us sometimes:xD: our teachers used to hit our palms with canes that time too.

An interview with Margarita Bugaeva. 

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/matchtvnews_NI1335654_Smotru_vystuplenija_Trusovoj_i_ponimaju_chto_vse_dolzhno_byt_vovrema_Match_TV_obshhajetsa_s_prepodavatelem_akterskogo_masterstva_dla_figuristov

She has been working with figure skaters on acting, presentation and projection, so these are the focus of the interview. It is quite long but very interesting.

Anyway, she admires Yuzu and dreams of working with him :) . Here is one of her answers (translated via Google Translate). 

- Do you have a dream student?

- Yes, Yuzuru Hanyu. It seems to me that he uses the sources of some kind of internal reserves: meditation, closed trainings of Buddhists from Tibet ( laughs ). Everything makes it so unique. I just want to talk to Yuzuru and understand how he succeeds, what he talks about with the coaches during the production of programs. I am interested in personal growth.

9 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Hi!  Not to dispute or challenge you, but I do recall enjoying "purin" for dessert in my childhood days in the mid 1960's in Tokyo.  Ginza Fujiya (with Peko-chan at the entrance) had strawberry shortcake and purin, which were among the favorites of children back in those days (along with Omu-rice, Sadaharu Oh for baseball and Taiho for Sumo wrestling - oh dear, I am dating myself!)  

Purin is the soft version of flan/ creme caramel and never referred to the that stolid English pudding, which I hated - ugh (deep apologies to the British satellites for this cultural savagery).   Anyway, we can't pronounce "pudding" so "purin" it is.   We seem to prefer our sweets (and figure skaters) to be soft and wiggly.  

When I think about Fujiya Peko-chan, it's always Milky and Peko-chan Sundae for me :D I didn't really associate purin with Peko-chan. I think about Morozoff more than anything with the word 'purin'.  They're known for custard pudding with glass cups which is quite strong so people keep them after eating it and use it as everyday drinking glasses. Also, we used to make purin at home using 'purin mix'. Ahh good old days... 

Maybe we've always called custard pudding or caramel pudding just 'purin'. 

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hi Japanese speakers/translators 💕

How would you translate the phrase "You are our light" (like as a response to Yuzu's message, "I hope I can be someone's light.")

I am thinking of putting it in a banner if that's appropriate :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0dgUw1qdlkyg: (let me know if you think it's not haha)

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

What about "Anata wa watashitachi no kibo no hikaridesu." This translates to "You are our beacon of hope."

I do not know how to write this in Japanese characters, but Google translate or one of the Japanese satellites should be able to help.

"Anata wa watashitachi no kibo no hikaridesu." 貴方は私達の希望の光です

Also, "You are our light" 貴方は私達の光です

ETA: anata = あなた can be written 貴方 or 貴女. You can use 貴方 for both male and female but 貴女is used only for female as the kanji character 女 represents woman.