General Yuzuru Chat

23 часа назад, tafattsbarn сказал:

Okay so i started the 2012/2013 season fan fest on GS, and Parisienne Walkways was really not well recieved (after the performance during the mariposa gala), nor was his Hello, i love you exhibition lol. People were saying stuff like he 'lost himself and his skating' and that he's 'deterioating' since the coaching change (this was the summer he switched to Orser) and that they were trying too hard to 'make him canadian'. I know that the Orser coaching change wasn't very well recieved at the time, but did it really extend to his choice of programs? 

I'm not sure if we have any fanyus here who were around and active on forums or in the figure skating community at the time, but was that program really thought as a terrible departure and maybe even a mistake?

It's just giving me whiplash to read because it's such an iconic program now, and i personally loved it when i watched it for the first time back in 2015/2016. It's really hard to wrap my head around that it was disliked. 

Thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/yuzuru-hanyu-2012-13-season.64265/

Discussions about it starts around page 2 or 3. 

And about figure skating fans and their reactions to this program, I remember the following. Many of Patrick's fans in the 11-12 season said that Yuzu had poor posture and that he was "not holding his hands." And they called Yuzu's plastic - careless.
And when the Parisienne Walkways program appeared, many of them said that it was a good program for Yuzu, because it "masks" the mistakes of his "lines" and posture. As if the choreography of the program helps to turn the disadvantages of skating into advantages. It was said in the 12-13 season.
But in the 13-14 season, it was already felt that many (non-fans of Yuzuru) began to like this program by itself (but not because it “masks mistakes”), more and more. Probably because every time Yuzu presented it better and better, felt it completely.

somewhat off-topic here, but I've always wondered how this came about: in Japan, the word 'pudding' often seems to refer specifically to crème caramel, whereas the English word itself can refer to a whole class of desserts made with milk, eggs, sugar, and flavouring. Does anyone know why - why crème caramel ? 

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Yuzu'd still very loyal. One of the reasons why we love him dearly.  I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps his allegiance to Johnny. 

I expect he will always admire his skating - I still like his old work both for competitions and shows, and I always liked the way he stood up for himself against some really horrible media coverage.  Unfortunately now he’s the one doing the bullying and I don’t see YH finding much to admire in that.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

somewhat off-topic here, but I've always wondered how this came about: in Japan, the word 'pudding' often seems to refer specifically to crème caramel, whereas the English word itself can refer to a whole class of desserts made with milk, eggs, sugar, and flavouring. Does anyone know why - why crème caramel ? 

As someone who was born and bred in Japan, I can say that we've never had the word 'pudding' as sweets/deserts in general.

I remember it was called  'custard pudding' or caramel pudding in my childhood days but the famous 'pucchin purin' became widely popular back in 70's or something and the word 'purin/pudding' became associated mainly with caramel pudding around that time...I think? 

VERY IMPORTANT !

Please read and share !

Most of you may know what a big fan of Yuzuru the author Martina Frammartino is. She has a blog dedicated mainly to FS (and Yuzuru) where she shares her reflections and ideas based on solid statistics. 

Today she published an article about unfair scoring in ISU and what an ongoing problem it has been throughout the years. It shows clearly that most performances are already "judged" before the skaters finish their performance. 

https://sportlandiamartina.wordpress.com/2021/04/07/the-second-mark-by-joy-goodwin-and-by-sviatoslav-babenko-and-alfred-koritek/

What beats me more is that I see Yuzuru being drown into a "learned helplessness" pschology which limits his skating and making him feel less relevant. He obviously has lost his will to compete further because of many reasons, unfair scoring being one of them. I wish to be proven wrong, but I doubt it. 

I suggest we share this article on every platform, tagging ISU and the Olympic commitee. 

Love

Senem 

13 hours ago, Fay said:

The interview is just freshly out, Mishin speaks at around 16.15 about Yuzu here. No doubt it will be translated, but unfortunately it won’t be me. Gotta work. Work sucks. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

The video is blocked for me, but I think it's the same as this clip with English subtitles. 

[NEWS]