General Yuzuru Chat

18 時間前, tafattsbarnさんが言いました:

Okay so i started the 2012/2013 season fan fest on GS, and Parisienne Walkways was really not well recieved (after the performance during the mariposa gala), nor was his Hello, i love you exhibition lol. People were saying stuff like he 'lost himself and his skating' and that he's 'deterioating' since the coaching change (this was the summer he switched to Orser) and that they were trying too hard to 'make him canadian'. I know that the Orser coaching change wasn't very well recieved at the time, but did it really extend to his choice of programs? 

I'm not sure if we have any fanyus here who were around and active on forums or in the figure skating community at the time, but was that program really thought as a terrible departure and maybe even a mistake?

It's just giving me whiplash to read because it's such an iconic program now, and i personally loved it when i watched it for the first time back in 2015/2016. It's really hard to wrap my head around that it was disliked. 

Thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/yuzuru-hanyu-2012-13-season.64265/

Discussions about it starts around page 2 or 3. 

Thank you for your post, because after deciding to leave GS a few days ago, I was wondering when I first made a post in the fan fest, it seems it was October 2012. Looking at the names there, probably a half of them were also fans of other skaters, and some of them turned to Yuzuru's anti once he started winning. Human beings are very interesting:oops:

Thank you all the members here for a lot of information etc. of Yuzuru and FS in general. I won't be able to post very often but I will be reading you the same as before :)

23 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

4) Romeo and Juliet 1 (My mid sch teacher let us watch that program in class, basically telling us that we can still nail it even when we fall. The time I became a fanyu haha.)

Excuse me the privilege, when I was in mid school all my teacher did was yell at us so could be quiet :sipping:

19 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Okay so i started the 2012/2013 season fan fest on GS, and Parisienne Walkways was really not well recieved (after the performance during the mariposa gala), nor was his Hello, i love you exhibition lol. People were saying stuff like he 'lost himself and his skating' and that he's 'deterioating' since the coaching change (this was the summer he switched to Orser) and that they were trying too hard to 'make him canadian'. I know that the Orser coaching change wasn't very well recieved at the time, but did it really extend to his choice of programs? 

I'm not sure if we have any fanyus here who were around and active on forums or in the figure skating community at the time, but was that program really thought as a terrible departure and maybe even a mistake?

I was active back in 2012/2013 and all I can say is that I was so confused with all those comments even tough I already knew about figure skating before, this season was the one I discovered Yuzu so I wanted to see people's thoughts on PW (that immediately hit me extra hard and became one of my favorite programs) but when I checked a lot of comments were like "he lost himself" or "he should've had stayed with his old coach" I was really confused but since I started watching his competitions in that season and I hadn't watched his old programs yet I stayed quiet. To engage in those conversations I started watching Yuzu's old programs and those comments started to make me mad, he improved his skate so much and it's not because he chose to skate to a more rocky (smexy) song that they're trying to make him "canadian" (what does that even mean) I remember that I used to engage in a lot of arguments becouse of this but now I really just ignore these type of people is better this way. :13877886:

6 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Not only is Yuzu the light for so many people, he also inspires people to be the light for someone else. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Thank you for this :)   If there is any achievement, it is definitely thanks to the people who supported me and the project. 

Talking about Yuzuru fans, I must share my dissapointment in some of the "so called" fans who write insults or hate words under some Tweets that critise Yuzuru. This is very unrespectful, immature and shameful. Everyone is entitled to like or dislike a certain skater and can share his feelings. But to attack those thoughts with insults and disgusting comments definitely create a very negative perception about a man who only radiates love and kindness. And this is very very unfair. I will, from now on, interfere if I see any Fanyu comment that haresses someone else in any way and tell the person to either delete it or change the tone. Please let's do this. Let's not be a burden on the man, but a fandom that he is proud of. 

So he likes pudding, gyoza and strawberries :) . Poor the anti that called him pudding something :grin:(Or is it that he is a lurker?:hihi:)

Oh and he likes "The girl who leapt through time" :). I adore the soundtrack but have never watched the movie. I'm just afraid I will cry my eyeballs off (Learning from watching "Grave of Firefly" I  suppose :Poohgaveup:).

PS: His favorite athlete is Kohei Uchimura. BB to Weir, yes? :hachimaki:

PPS: Twitter is on fire right now about the fact that he likes pudding :xD:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
49 minutes ago, Fay said:

Excuse me, did he really change his idols? 

Recent TV Asahi coverage on Yuzu made reference to Uchimura and his respect for Yuzu's PC Olympics comeback (after injury).  It follows that Yuzu now refers to Uchimura as the athlete he admires and respects...  The question was not "which figure skater?"  but rather which athlete do you admire...

Yuzu's favorite song/music selection is heart-wrenching... "Horizon" by back number.   It's a song calling out to those who have lost hope and are heading towards self-destruction in this time of pandemic.  This song was written in response to all the high school students who wrote to the back number members about their deep sadness and depression after the cancellation of the "inter-high school" athletic event last summer, due to Covid.  How appropriate for Yuzu to pick this song! 

The YT video link is provided in the tweet, and the lyrics are subbed.  Not for the faint-hearted... 

PS:  Horizon video has more than 61 million views!  Many comments refer to tragic events in their own lives (one makes reference to being told about his terminal illness) and how this song has helped them heal.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
7 hours ago, Fay said:

The interview is just freshly out, Mishin speaks at around 16.15 about Yuzu here. No doubt it will be translated, but unfortunately it won’t be me. Gotta work. Work sucks. 

Thank you! Unfortunately the automatic translation looks available but doesn't work for me.

And what's the first video suggestion? An interview of Nikolay Tsiskaridze! Had it been the other way, I would have become a fanyu while he was still a junior, not ten years later! 

in his profile he said his favourite motto which is "初心忘るべからず"* I wonder and tried to search but my Japanese is not enough :13877886: Is this a quote from a book or a line from a play of Zeami or just a general saying in Japan? Can someone enlighten me please?

edit: *meaning is "don't forget your first intention"

3 minutes ago, Tae Grane said:

in his profile he said his favourite motto which is "初心忘るべからず"* I wonder and tried to search but my Japanese is not enough :13877886: Is this a quote from a book or a line from a play of Zeami or just a general saying in Japan? Can someone enlighten me please?

edit: *meaning is "don't forget your first intention"

Iron Klaus translated it as "We were all beginners once. Never lose your humility."
That sounds to me like more of an interpretation than a direct translation though.