General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Hi Wyell

Thanks for the great uploads. However, i am assuming the great quality can only be seen on 4K devices. Would that be right? (Only as i cannot see much difference on my LAptop - TV so i am wondering if i need to buy a new TV to see every exquisite detail of our Lord Yuzu....

Usually, yes. On the laptop, the browser also makes a difference (Safari is capped at 1080p).

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:bow:  what program do you use? 

Premier Pro + Topaz!

4 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

Thank you so much! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I'm currently watching all of them, and my eyes have never been so blessed. Also, I love your channel name :laughing:

Thank you! I am very proud of the name. :laughing:

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

Since we were talking about the videos on the Yonkaiten Pixel channel earlier (thank you so much for these videos @Wyell san :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) I wanted to talk about this 'Requiem Of Heaven And Earth' performance.

To begin with, the quality was so freaking good that my computer and WiFi couldn't even handle it! I really wanted to watch it in 4K but it would keep stopping to load so I had to lower it a bit :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:but the experince barely changed, the quality was still so good, I am genuinly so impressed!!

As for the performance, this was the first time I saw this version of Requiem. I don't know which event it was or when it happened but it felt so special. The lighting, the darkness, the lights on the seats, Yuzuru's expression. In Boston's Requiem Yuzuru expressed so much pain through his skating which of course had to do with his feelings and the though that it was his last time skating, it was so heavy yet so gentle to the heart.

This performance was very different, it was tender yet so powerful, in every single one of his movements you could see his strength in all aspects and the final gaze at the end of the program was something that I've never seen before. It brought a feeling of power and comfort, "We are strong so everything will be okay", that's what it told me.

This was such a unique experince, thank you so much for this video. 

Thank you, and glad you enjoyed it! I picked this one over Boston for similar reasons, plus I think the audience shots with the lights are simply gorgeous!

15 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

@Wyell, thank you so much for these videos!! I've downloaded them all for prosperity's sake. I hope you'd get around to doing more versions of some of his iconic programs, ie. SEIMEI NHK 2015 & JNats 2019, H&L 4CC, Requiem Worlds 2016, PW Sochi & SC 2019, etc.

I hope you don't mind my requests since so many versions of his programs deserve to be archived in the highest quality possible :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I have loads planned but they are also becoming more and more time-consuming, as most videos need to have their audio replaced with non-commentary ones. Anything Olympics related will be extremely difficult due to copyrights (I remade Notte Stellata 3 times for this reason). 

5 minutes ago, Wyell said:

I have loads planned but they are also becoming more and more time-consuming, as most videos need to have their audio replaced with non-commentary ones. Anything Olympics related will be extremely difficult due to copyrights (I remade Notte Stellata 3 times for this reason). 

Yes, I pray with my toes and fingers that your channel can stay and won't fall victim to the copyright deletion wave. It's a wonderful archive! I know very well how exhausting it is to work with recordings in such high resolution. It can drive you (and your computer) mad, especially the rendering and upload. Thank you so much for your effort and hard work!

Have this been posted? Umedon is back with a subbed video of TenChi with so many background info on the music and history. 

18 minutes ago, Wyell said:

Now I appreciate you even more for all the hard work that went into these beautiful videos. I'm grateful for any that you have chosen to do and will archive them all. 

Edit: These little tidbits from fans are so precious. They really show Yuzu's great character, even from a young age. His family must have been so proud they raised such an upright young man!

Edit1: More cute baby Zu

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, I pray with my toes and fingers that your channel can stay and won't fall victim to the copyright deletion wave. It's a wonderful archive! I know very well how exhausting it is to work with recordings in such high resolution. It can drive you (and your computer) mad, especially the rendering and upload. Thank you so much for your effort and hard work!

I hope so too! If anything were to happen, I'll probably just find somewhere else to share and upload them, then. My computer has definitely crashed a fair few times! :laughing:

54 minutes ago, Wyell said:

I hope so too! If anything were to happen, I'll probably will just find somewhere else to share and upload them, then. My computer has definitely crashed a fair few times! :laughing:

thank you so much for your hard work, we appreciate it a lot :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

SOI broadcasting information

If I am understanding this right, there will be live (?) broadcast on Friday and Saturday and they will broadcast Sunday too with some special content on 5/30. Hopefully someone with better Japanese will correct me and explain more...

The fanboy strikes again :gla:

Well, if Yuzu won't bring the booty shakey, we know where and whom to demand for it in the future :rock:

Edit: He mentioned a whole lot more, re: singing praises about Yuzu and the Hanyu axel. @Paskud has posted in the 2021/22 Program Announcement thread. Go check it out :rock:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Woahhh the posts here gain so much these days!!!:usrs: I can barely catch up.

I'll come with my top 10 Yuzu programs.

1) Seimei  (super majestic aa the stsq and chsq give me chills everytime I watch!)

2) Hope and Legacy. This program is so tear inducing... and the grace in his Biellmann!!!)

3) Heaven and Earth (Yuzu telling a life story of himself through his blades.)

4) Romeo and Juliet 1 (My mid sch teacher let us watch that program in class, basically telling us that we can still nail it even when we fall. The time I became a fanyu haha.)

5) Notte Stellata (I love the way he shows that he loves his country, and the 2017 Worlds one showed how intricate he is as a person.)

6) PC Chopin-- that swing of his arms on that note during his spin. The details. The footwork. Perfect.

7) Origin. (In love with that hand movement!!!!)

8) Parisienne Walkways. Smexy. And that leg lift.

9) Haru yo Koi. (So graceful. He's literally THE petal. He's the one who welcomes the spring in----- the costume is ethereal too.)

10) Masquerade. (I cried watching that too... so powerful... hope he does that again someday....)

Aahhh weekday's only proceeding  for 2 days but thread already growing quite a lot haha.. I'm struggling to check  news/comments here but I wanna at least visit once in  a while..

Anyway I've listened to the podcast cut and wow his English!! Who knows maybe if he's been practicing during quarantine as well along with his cough4Acough.. ofc there will be freedom of  managing stuff on his own, though at first and at times it can be challenging, especially with little to no direct supervision and care. However he's done well this past year. When situation is much better, and it's possible and safe for him to travel, and should he need to, then he can continue his  training in Canada. Whichever best for them..

And the be someone's light board doesn't he look cute?! but also I wanna say he has been so many people's light since.. he will not need to worry about that and I wish we can also shine hope and positivity and channel it to him too whenever he  needs it.

I saw the Osaka case rising and then the no quarantine for foreign skaters is getting worrying but oh well...

2 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

4) Romeo and Juliet 1 (My mid sch teacher let us watch that program in class, basically telling us that we can still nail it even when we fall. The time I became a fanyu haha.)

WHATTTTTT.

What kind of privileged middle school did you attend? How come I never got to watch those? :wut:

Okay so i started the 2012/2013 season fan fest on GS, and Parisienne Walkways was really not well recieved (after the performance during the mariposa gala), nor was his Hello, i love you exhibition lol. People were saying stuff like he 'lost himself and his skating' and that he's 'deterioating' since the coaching change (this was the summer he switched to Orser) and that they were trying too hard to 'make him canadian'. I know that the Orser coaching change wasn't very well recieved at the time, but did it really extend to his choice of programs? 

I'm not sure if we have any fanyus here who were around and active on forums or in the figure skating community at the time, but was that program really thought as a terrible departure and maybe even a mistake?

It's just giving me whiplash to read because it's such an iconic program now, and i personally loved it when i watched it for the first time back in 2015/2016. It's really hard to wrap my head around that it was disliked. 

Thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/yuzuru-hanyu-2012-13-season.64265/

Discussions about it starts around page 2 or 3. 

5 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Okay so i started the 2012/2013 season fan fest on GS, and Parisienne Walkways was really not well recieved (after the performance during the mariposa gala), nor was his Hello, i love you exhibition lol. People were saying stuff like he 'lost himself and his skating' and that he's 'deterioating' since the coaching change (this was the summer he switched to Orser) and that they were trying too hard to 'make him canadian'. I know that the Orser coaching change wasn't very well recieved at the time, but did it really extend to his choice of programs? 

I'm not sure if we have any fanyus here who were around and active on forums or in the figure skating community at the time, but was that program really thought as a terrible departure and maybe even a mistake?

It's just giving me whiplash to read because it's such an iconic program now, and i personally loved it when i watched it for the first time back in 2015/2016. It's really hard to wrap my head around that it was disliked. 

Thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/yuzuru-hanyu-2012-13-season.64265/

Discussions about it starts around page 2 or 3. 

I think even though fan fests are supposed to be for fans only, that was not always easy to control. Some well-known non-fans posted there frequently, especially during the 2012-13 season during his move. I mean not just people with differing opinions. Kinda similar to what Evgenia went through when SHE moved to Canada. I think she got the exact same line: they are trying too hard to make her Canadian (in response to that Orange Sky SP). I'll just leave it at that lol.

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I think even though fan fests are supposed to be for fans only, that was not always easy to control. Some well-known non-fans posted there frequently, especially during the 2012-13 season during his move. Kinda similar to what Evgenia went through when SHE moved to Canada. (I mean not just people with differing opinions.) I'll just leave it at that lol.

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm seeing so much more talk about other skaters than during the previous season's fan fest lol, so suspecting it was somewhat infiltrated does make sense. This was after all the year that Yuzu really raised his profile as a skater. Though some of the users objecting and not liking the program i recognize from other threads (at the time) that i've read, and they did seem like Yuzu fans. This is why i asked if any actual Yuzu fans here remember how it was recieved, i don't want to take GS word for it after all haha. 

It's fascinating, really. But of course, always read these threads as skeptics people! :10636614:

44 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm seeing so much more talk about other skaters than during the previous season's fan fest lol, so suspecting it was somewhat infiltrated does make sense. This was after all the year that Yuzu really raised his profile as a skater. Though some of the users objecting and not liking the program i recognize from other threads (at the time) that i've read, and they did seem like Yuzu fans. This is why i asked if any actual Yuzu fans here remember how it was recieved, i don't want to take GS word for it after all haha. 

It's fascinating, really. But of course, always read these threads as skeptics people! :10636614:

I read back after I became a fan after the CoC disaster.  I think there were a lot of older fans ( though not as old as me probably😉) who were heavily invested in the cute Japanese boy with the elegant Japanese lady coach, skating to music they enjoyed and they really didn’t like the move to Canada and disliked ‘ noisy’ PW.  It spoiled their preconceptions.  I doubt if they realised that R&J 1 was partly a result of collaboration with Russian coaches/choreographers, or that he’d spent some time training in Russia.   I think they saw him as an ethereal Jason Brown figure.   I don’t think they really saw him as a contender.  It’s what I was talking about a week or two ago - a sort of unconscious condescending racism.