General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Carol and Kurt did not seem to have that problem at all. They admitted they had no idea what the program was about, couldn't understand the lyrics, but they loved it anyway and were captured by the way Yuzu was emoting. Kurt understood that Yuzu was telling a story and was moved by it, even if he didn't know what that story was. That is how figure skating should be. The story doesn't have to be relevant to your culture in order for you to appreciate it! 

This!!!:goodpost: This, this, this!!! It's entirely possible to appreciate and enjoy a performance and music that are totally new and foreign to you. The understanding of the background and cultural milieu can always come later and enhance your enjoyment after the fact. 

Which is why I get so annoyed by people in official capacity in FS sneering at performances that are out of the mainstream. 

3 hours ago, msginnymoon said:

I was hoping ISU would live stream it, but I can't find anything, so I guess iSakura it will be again

Do try to find some way to watch other than streaming ISU.  I don't want them to think I support them holding competitions of ay kind in virus-stricken countries in the middle of a pandemic.  I'd rather pay iSakura.

1 hour ago, Wyell said:

Maybe it's time for me to come clean? :peek:

I am the channel creator/Yonkaiten Pixel. :)

Yeah, finally! :201111231756430f6:

Thank you so much for making all these high quality videos of Yuzu's programs! :loveshower:

They're literally eye opening! It feels like I finally put on my glasses and can see clearly. And Yuzu's costumes look as sparkly on screeen as they do in real life. :loveeyes:

The Ice Skating Podcast - Yuzu's part. Nothing new really, he has mentioned the stuff he talked about before in his interviews, but it is so nice to hear him speak. His English is beautiful too :)

PS: It doesn't sound like he will return to TCC any time soon, but if they can make it work then so be it.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
7 hours ago, msginnymoon said:

I was hoping ISU would live stream it, but I can't find anything, so I guess iSakura it will be again

Sorry this is Off Topic - but I wanted to leave this info on this General thread about another option to watch WTT on TV Asahi.  Perhaps the Admins can also add this info in the WTT thread?

Spoiler

In order to watch WTT, you can also subscribe to "ForJoyTV" which offers access to almost the entire Japanese TV network channels - with good quality screen and easy download options.  The only TV station not included in this package is Fuji TV - which has the rights to Worlds.  (There must have been some contractual dispute with Fuji TV for ForJoyTV not to include Fuji??)  In any case, I personally don't watch Fuji TV so I don't miss it in my daily Japanese TV viewing.  iSakura also has a very clumsy and old Flash-based web platform.

Here is the link to ForJoyTV - https://forjoytv.com/

For obvious reasons, you cannot access Forjoytv in Japan.  (Otherwise everyone will stop paying cable and NHK fees and watch all the channels from the web!)