General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sorry, but I just couldn't not :mischief:

PS: It might be that I forgot to count a Yuzu video... or two... gomen Yuzu!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you for using data to capture the enormous extent of global outreach and interest in Yuzu.     Please keep on doing what you do!!   

N.B.  A plea to the dear Satellites on this Planet:  It's clear that Yuzu has an enormous global outreach, and greater the popularity, the higher the likelihood of inciting some groups or individuals to target him with harsh and negative comments.  This is not a reflection of the intrinsic value of the targetted individual, but rather a revelation of the negative sentiments churning inside the psyche of those doing the inciting.  Toxic energies should be avoided and treated with fresh breeze and sunlight, not confronted directly as that will create an even greater inflammatory response.   I am currently doing research on the spread of vaccine hesitancy and other anti-public health sentiments across various population groups - and these do spread like toxic fumes/ viral infections across the social media - and are fanned and fueled by more antagonistic comments.  These phenomena are more effectively managed not by a sledgehammer messages, but through isolation and persistent nudging... 

On 4/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, amylance1215 said:

I don't know if you've seen the most recent PW in 2019 Skate Canada gala. It was nose-bleed inducing :10742290:

When I saw the shirt I was like "no he didn't...it's not PW stop he did not" and when he did the inicial pose and the music started I remember that I low key screamed at the television "I KNEW IT" this was amazing :10742290:

On 4/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, Henni147 said:

By the way, I figured out a possibility, how Yuzu could maximize the BV of TenChi with the absolute bare minimum of changes AND stick to his beloved edge jumps AND have a trivial back-up in case of stamina issues AND rewrite figure skating history twice, if everything works out.

Hide contents

4Lo

4S ---------------------> 4A

3A+2T

3Lo

x 4T+3T

x 4T+1Eu+3S ----------> if he feels fit enough, throw in a 4T+1Eu+4S     (if not, simply leave the 3S)

x 3A

With that layout the only required choreographic change would be the entry/setup to the 4A. Everything else could stay exactly as it is now. This is an enormous advantage in terms of practice and preparation.

If he managed to bring the 4T+1Eu+4S, he would become the first skater to land a 4-4 combo in history and his base value would be almost the same as Nathan's at Worlds (just 0.46 points difference). This is incredible, considering that there is still a 2T and absolutely no Lutz or Flip in it.

We know from 2017 that Yuzu is capable of jumping a 2S+1Eu+4S. So that sort of upgrade is not a mad dream, but a serious option, I think.

I think this jump layout would be a dream honestly, but being more realistic is very unlikely that this is gonna happen (to clarify I'm gonna be considering the 4T+1Eu+4S combination) :14066882:

First we have a 5 quad layout and that is something I think Yuzu is not gonna do, of course training to do the 4A must be helping a lot with his stamina but still 5 quads might be a little too much and by doing it without having a body used to do this much he would be too tired in the end and do the elements without the same quality which can cost him points (if he can do the 3A after all of this). :13877886:

Second a 4-4 combination is extremely difficult for this to be possible the combination 4T+1Eu+4S needs to be in the first half of the program because doing it as one of the last jumps is gonna turn out bad (but I can deny that I would die to see something like this be done by Yuzu especially in the Olympics) :embSwan:

On 4/4/2021 at 3:25 AM, citrusjunos said:

On a completely different topic, this has probably been done before, but I just wanted to see if I could rank Yuzu's senior programs. I'd be curious to see you guys' list, too, because I think my preferences reveal a little bit of my personality :laughing:

My top ten favorite Yuzu senior programs, including exhibitions:

1. Notte Stellata
  2. Seimei
  3. Chopin
  4. Ten to Chi to
  5. Hope & Legacy
  6. Requiem of Heaven and Earth
  7. Parisienne Walkways
  8. Romeo & Juliet I
  9. Otonal
  10. Let Me Entertain You

Honorable mentions: Let's Go Crazy, Hana ni Nare, Hana wa Saku

Some observations and notes:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Notte Stellata and Seimei were love at first sight. Notte Stellata, especially, made me feel all sorts of emotions before I even knew it was dedicated to 3.11, and it will always remain my favorite Yuzu program. Seimei is the definition of musicality. Do you know how difficult it is to skate to music driven primarily by rhythm and beats, without a clearly defined melody? You have to be perfectly in time. Even his crossovers were on the beat of the music for this one. Not to mention, the program itself is just freaking epic and has the best build up into the choreo sequence. Enough said.

• Chopin wasn't always my favorite. However, it is very much like fine wine or cheese or whatever metaphor you want to use. Just when you think he had already perfected it in 2015, he pulls Olympic & 4CC Chopin on us. While I was initially one of those people who wanted to see a new program, I can now confidently say that I am so happy I got to witness this program evolve into a masterpiece. In my opinion, it is his most refined and complex program ever. Every time I watch it, I always find something new among the different versions, whether it be changes in the step sequences, the choreography, the transitions, heck, even how he moves his arms down to his fingertips. And it is always to the music. Okay, enough fangirling over this program.

• Ten to Chi to was also love at first sight. As perfect as it is already, I do think Yuzu can make it even better. I'm excited to see how this program evolves next season, beyond adding the 4A, of course. It has the potential to top Seimei as my favorite long program.

• Hope & Legacy. More like, How did this Legendary program only get 223 points? That combination spin in the beginning (particularly the broken leg spin into the Biellmann spin) he did during Worlds was so beautiful, it made me tear up. Everything about this program is perfection.

• The rest of the top ten are honestly interchangeable, depending on my mood, with the exception of Otonal, which made it to the top ten purely because of that god-tier step sequence and that hand/arm choreo during the last spin that perfectly matched the music.

• I didn't really like David's competitive programs for Yuzu, but Notte Stellata is a freaking masterpiece.

• Jeff's music choices don't really align with my personal tastes, but that man really knows how to choreograph. His choreography combined with Yuzu's interpretation made me like music I would never listen to.

• In conclusion, I have a strong preference for lyrical, melodic programs :laughing:

I really find it very hard to rank his programs but let's do it :10636614:

1. Haru Yo Koi 
  2. Chopin
  3. Notte Stellata
  4. Origin
  5. Parisienne Walkways
  6. Hope & Legacy
  7. Seimei
  8. Requiem of Heaven and Earth  
  9. Etude 
  10. Romeo & Juliet II

Honorable mentions: Otonal, Let's Go Crazy, Hana Ni Nare, Hana Wa Saku, Ten to Chi to

I swear this man is amazing and what he do is art  :hairflip: 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

I take it that the Japanese media is starting to ask questions how the jump combo on the left got 2.85GOE, while the combo on the right only got 2.17? Or at least I hope so... 

I don't know whether they are questioning the GEOs but they are certainly comparing them side by side which makes me so proud because it highlights the perfection of that combo on Yuzu's side. But also makes me incredibly salty all over again.

5 minutes ago, msginnymoon said:

I tried to search it but didn't get any results: World Team Trophy is next week already: does anyone know if it'll only be televised in Japan? Would Sakura IPTV work?

The competition is going to be broadcasted on TV Asahi. It's also listed on iSakura. The Mini package includes the channel as well, so no need to go for the more expensive rate: https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/isakurapro-mini/

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This seems to be a piece of news on the WTT. According to Google Translate, Yuzu is saying "Become the light of someone".

You are our light, Yuzu! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Round cheeks!:img_21:

On 2021/4/4 at 午後2時25分, citrusjunosさんが言いました:

On a completely different topic, this has probably been done before, but I just wanted to see if I could rank Yuzu's senior programs. I'd be curious to see you guys' list, too, because I think my preferences reveal a little bit of my personality :laughing:

My top ten favorite Yuzu senior programs, including exhibitions:

1. Notte Stellata
  2. Seimei
  3. Chopin
  4. Ten to Chi to
  5. Hope & Legacy
  6. Requiem of Heaven and Earth
  7. Parisienne Walkways
  8. Romeo & Juliet I
  9. Otonal
  10. Let Me Entertain You

Honorable mentions: Let's Go Crazy, Hana ni Nare, Hana wa Saku

Some observations and notes:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Notte Stellata and Seimei were love at first sight. Notte Stellata, especially, made me feel all sorts of emotions before I even knew it was dedicated to 3.11, and it will always remain my favorite Yuzu program. Seimei is the definition of musicality. Do you know how difficult it is to skate to music driven primarily by rhythm and beats, without a clearly defined melody? You have to be perfectly in time. Even his crossovers were on the beat of the music for this one. Not to mention, the program itself is just freaking epic and has the best build up into the choreo sequence. Enough said.

• Chopin wasn't always my favorite. However, it is very much like fine wine or cheese or whatever metaphor you want to use. Just when you think he had already perfected it in 2015, he pulls Olympic & 4CC Chopin on us. While I was initially one of those people who wanted to see a new program, I can now confidently say that I am so happy I got to witness this program evolve into a masterpiece. In my opinion, it is his most refined and complex program ever. Every time I watch it, I always find something new among the different versions, whether it be changes in the step sequences, the choreography, the transitions, heck, even how he moves his arms down to his fingertips. And it is always to the music. Okay, enough fangirling over this program.

• Ten to Chi to was also love at first sight. As perfect as it is already, I do think Yuzu can make it even better. I'm excited to see how this program evolves next season, beyond adding the 4A, of course. It has the potential to top Seimei as my favorite long program.

• Hope & Legacy. More like, How did this Legendary program only get 223 points? That combination spin in the beginning (particularly the broken leg spin into the Biellmann spin) he did during Worlds was so beautiful, it made me tear up. Everything about this program is perfection.

• The rest of the top ten are honestly interchangeable, depending on my mood, with the exception of Otonal, which made it to the top ten purely because of that god-tier step sequence and that hand/arm choreo during the last spin that perfectly matched the music.

• I didn't really like David's competitive programs for Yuzu, but Notte Stellata is a freaking masterpiece.

• Jeff's music choices don't really align with my personal tastes, but that man really knows how to choreograph. His choreography combined with Yuzu's interpretation made me like music I would never listen to.

• In conclusion, I have a strong preference for lyrical, melodic programs :laughing:

This is so hard and it certainly depends on my mood, but I will try:

1. Seimei

2. Chopin

3. Ten to Chi to

4. Notte Stellata

5. Masquerade

6. Let's Go Crazy

7. Let Me Entertain You

8. Requiem of Heaven and Earth

9. Hana Wa Saku

10. Haru Yo Koi

Honorable mentions (so many lol): Hana Ni Nare, Parisienne Walkways, Hope & Legacy, Romeo & Juliet I, Origin, Hello I Love You, Vertigo, The Final Time Traveler

I considered Hana Wa Saku and Hana Ni Nare similar level before but the recent performance forces me to promote the former :angel3-smiley:

At the moment,

1. Ten to Chi to

2. Ballade

3. Haru yo, Koi!

4. Seimei

5. Romeo & Juliet 1

6. Notte Stellata

7. Origin

8. Let's go Crazy

9. Parisienne Walkways

10. Let me Entertain You

Hey! What's the matter with my maths? I'm unable to count to 10 or what? I've put so few of his best programs, and there are many other left which clearly belong to "his ten best Senior programs"!

51 minutes ago, msginnymoon said:

I tried to search it but didn't get any results: World Team Trophy is next week already: does anyone know if it'll only be televised in Japan? Would Sakura IPTV work?

From what I saw is gonna be televised in the countries that are participating,  I don't know if ISU's gonna make a live transmission but if that's the case is probably gonna be geoblocked in these countries :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

23 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

This is so hard and it certainly depends on my mood, but I will try:

1. Seimei

2. Chopin

3. Ten to Chi to

4. Notte Stellata

5. Masquerade

6. Let's Go Crazy

7. Let Me Entertain You

8. Requiem of Heaven and Earth

9. Hana Wa Saku

10. Haru Yo Koi

Oh I'll try too!

1.  SEI ...   oh wait Ten .... oh maybe H&

Oh I give up!!!

All of y'all that are doing rankings are stronger than the marines for real! I could never (especially not if i can't separate the competition programs from the exhibitions! Why are you combining them when there's a perfectly good reason to separate them and make it easier? You heathens!) :10636614:

If i make a list or ranking there would be like 3-4 programs at #1, two more at #2 and then maybe i could keep to a single program for the rest lol. Rankings are not my thing... Not my thing at all :dontdothistome:

1 minute ago, tafattsbarn said:

All of y'all that are doing rankings are stronger than the marines for real! I could never (especially not if i can't separate the competition programs from the exhibitions! Why are you combining them when there's a perfectly good reason to separate them and make it easier? You heathens!). 

If i make a list or ranking there would be like 3-4 programs at #1, two more at #2 and then maybe i could keep to a single program for the rest lol. Rankings are not my thing... Not my thing at all :sipping:

I know like my absolute favorite program that is HYK but for the rest of the top I tried really hard and I still managed to forget Masquerade and Crystal Memories that are like masterpieces for me and would be high on the list (btw it would be so cool if Yuzu bring one of them back as gala for a competition)  :headdesk2: