General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, hananistellata said:

Do you guys have any nicknames for Yuzu? My family certainly does.

When I first introduced my mom to Yuzu she mispronounced his name as "Yushroom" which was extremely cute considering the whole mushroom hair thingy he had going on when he was young. :laughing: :mushroom2:

After a while of me only ever talking about Yuzu my mom said "You care about him as if he is your son" so now my mom pokes fun at me by referring to Yuzu as my son. I guess I'm a mom now, time flies. :')

Even a grandmother, he has a lot of kids : his programs.

Do you guys happen to know this initiative? Do you have an opinion about it? I have none...

=

And about that scoring thing...

We know Yuzuru Hanyu has no agent. But do we know, for all top Single skaters, if they have an agent, and if this agent is IMG?

We could then divide skaters in three categories :

- IMG as agent,

- Russian flag,

- none of these.
Then, if some satellites can score objectively each top skater's score at Worlds and compare to the official score awarded, finding a correlation between being IMG or being Russian and different scoring, would be "interesting", wouldn't it?
Because IMG's behaviour with SOI seem at the very least highly unethical, so I would suspect them of anything.

Thank you for the translation @SuzyQ Yuzu did very well at this competition considering all the circumstances, and it must have been hard to go there and compete in the first place. When he says he's improved in the past seasons, I see what he means, even all the problems he faced during (& before) the free skate he didn't even made major mistakes like popping a jump and falling, he's become really stronger in that sense and his stamina is also great.

I just have to chime in on the LMEY discourse, with or without proper arse shaking...

I've always been a BIG fan of his fun, upbeat programs- PW, LGC, Masquarade and now LMEY, and they just keep getting better and better. I think LMEY is the perfect vehicle for an Olympic short program, for Yuzuru. He got excellent international media coverage for it at Worlds. If it goes well at WTT it will contribute to it being well received next season. And so far it's being THIS well received (and well skated) without the benefit of a proper ROARING audience!

:loveshower::loveshower:

I predict he's keeping both programs for next year, but if not LMEY it will be something 'similar', and not a more lyrical piece like Chopin or Otonal. LMEY and Ten to Chi to are well balanced, like yin/yang balance that each of his season's programs always have.

He clearly knows the POWER he has over his fans with these programs like Masquarade and LMEY, he showed it with his PW at SC19 gala. He will capture the hearts of the Olympic viewing audience with LMEY and turn the narrative to his favor as much as possible.

LMEY scored nearly 48 PCS IN ITS 1ST INTERNATIONAL SHOWING, no one can say the judges didn't appreciate it!!!

:PurpleBanana:

(JW's commentary missed the mark in that regard I think)

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Do you guys have any nicknames for Yuzu? My family certainly does.

When I first introduced my mom to Yuzu she mispronounced his name as "Yushroom" which was extremely cute considering the whole mushroom hair thingy he had going on when he was young. :laughing: :mushroom2:

After a while of me only ever talking about Yuzu my mom said "You care about him as if he is your son" so now my mom pokes fun at me by referring to Yuzu as my son. I guess I'm a mom now, time flies. :')

Awww, your mom's nickname is so cute! My mom calls him Yoyo. :67638860:  I often think of him as Zuzu or Zazura. 

6 hours ago, Fay said:

So basically, he was in two minds about going to the Worlds right to the end. Can’t have been an easy choice to come. 
@SuzyQ :thanks:

I'm sure he's conflicted about attending WTT and SOI also. All I will say is I trust him to carefully consider all his options, obligations, risks & consequences, etc. and make the best choice, and I support his decision 100%.

8 hours ago, river said:

How dare you all have a conversation about Yuzu’s ass shaking without me?

Alas, I think it’s basically impossible for him to shake it any more without changing the choreography. He’s on a straight line and two feet, any more shaking than he already does is going to end in either a slalom or a fall. I agree with whoever it was that said that the clear answer is to be at a standstill, although a twerk and a shake are completely different. From an artistic (sure, let’s call it that) perspective, I think a good shake at standstill would fit the music perfectly.

As someone who was in the room for SCI ‘19 PW... I think I can safely say that if Yuzu actually does learn how to shake his ass, we’re all dead.

I was thinking the same thing that it would be hard for him to shake properly with that choreo. As for whether or not forum rules allow discussion of this important topic, we can certainly discuss it because we're talking about, ahem, choreo.  And we also need lots of pictures and visuals to determine whether or not muscle mass will impact the execution of said choreo. :8788161:

I was also at SCI '19 PW and I can confirm that Yuzu killed that entire section of the audience when he tossed that smirk at us. We must have all turned into zombies though because we kept screaming.  :xD:

2 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Now, now! So it's not that he can't, it's just that he refuses to tsk tsk tsk. Give us the booty shake we deserve Yuzu

RIGHT!

I THINK THAT SETTLES IT THEN! We have our answer. Yuzu can shake it. He has shaken it. We have proof that he can and does shake it to our satisfaction.

I think we need to use this clip and send it out into the inter webs with a hashtag that Yuzu will see (or will be passed onto him by someone he knows), saying that Fanyus challenge Yuzu to incorporate this choreo for the next LMEY in front of a crowd.