General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Hi ya'll. I don't know why I'm typing this here since online forums usually make me nervous but I don't know... I've been really sad the past couple of days. fs twitter has drained me and there's just been so much negativity thrown towards Yuzuru and fanyus. It's all just been so draining. I guess it's cause I'm still semi-new to everything. Again, I'm not sure why I'm typing this here- feel free to delete this if it's too negative, but I just needed to let this out somewhere I guess. If anyone has some positive news or cute pictures, I could really use it right now. 

Hi, I totally understand how you feel. Unfortunately, with the Olympic season on the horizon, everything will start to ramp up--good and bad. My advice for you is to know that it's okay to take breaks and leave anything figure skating, or even Yuzu-related content, if it'll help. It's okay to disengage. I usually try to not get caught up in anything on Twitter that will make me angry or sad, because it's better for my mental health. There will always be people trying to disparage Yuzu and his fans, saying all fanyus are deranged, dismissing anything they say as hate, and god-forbid if you try to question the judging and the ISU (which is totally okay if you're just a regular skating fan, but if you're a Yuzu fan, your opinion is invalid).

So right now, you're feeling drained. And that's okay. Know that there are tons of us who will support you and each other. The Planet here is pretty welcoming, and we can all share our frustrations and try to lift each other up.

If you do still want to get Yuzu content without seeing all the negativity, I suggest just sticking here, watching old Yuzu videos/interviews, and chatting with fellow fans.

Since you're looking for cute content, here is a video that never fails to make me smile (you may have seen it already):

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This is so nice!

Yet he might be surprised by how little intimidating some figure skating fans may find a descendant of one (if not the) most fearsome of the warriors of the Sengoku period : Nobunari Oda.

Does he know about Nobunari Oda?

I am sure he knows about Nobunari Oda, as Nobu is a TV personality and his name is so obviously related to Oda Nobunaga.  But I get the sense that this gentleman doesn't really watch TV that much.  His manner of speech is quite medieval and quaint and most of his tweets are indeed related to the subject of Sengoku history, so this might make the Japanese fanyus a little bit hesitant to run amok on this solemn site.  Of course, it didn't stop them from gushing about Yuzu on this twitter site, but I noticed they used  an appropriately polite form of speech when addressing this gentleman!  

A regional perspective:  Nobu has such a sunny and fun-loving (and loud) personality - in keeping with the reputation of his hometown, Osaka, whereas people of the north (like the Uesugi family) generally have the reputation of being more silent and serious like their craggy snowy mountains.  Fanyus will appreciate that people from Tohoku (northeast) have the reputation for being beautiful - at least this is a common view among the people of Edo (modern Tokyo) - my family, for example. 

Our baking genius black rabbit - kurousagi - lapinnoirkur strikes again!  Beautiful cake in the image of Yuzu's Believe costumed Hana-wa-saku.  Cake covered with white anko (Japanese bean paste).  Flower petal cup cake on the side... 

2 hours ago, Kat said:

You and me both. Dont worry, you're fine with your post. My advice is take a break from Social media. Put blinders on. Watch your favorite performances of Yuzuru. Stay around positivity (mostly here lol). There will always be some negativity. The trick is to find your own tools to drown it out and help you calm down/feel relaxed. This too shall pass. :)

Thank you :) Yeah, I've decided to take a break from twitter. It will pass like you said- I hope happier times come soon.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hiya, you're not alone, I feel the same these last few days. Worlds was already sad but then the aftermath was just unnecessary. 

On a slightly more positive (or at least not negative) note, I've been thinking of making a new banner for this site. Something with LMEY and ten to chi to. I was wondering what pictures to use. I really like these:

mhjCs4l.jpg

photo_l.jpg

For ten to chi to, I really liked his ina bauer but couldn't find a lot of good photos for it. This one looks good though but is lower res:

Yuzuru-Hanyu-1.jpg

Anyone got good ideas? LOL

Thank you- the aftermath really was unnecessary. Also, I really love the first lunge picture and think that the ina bauer photo looks beautiful! It doesn't even look low res!

2 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

Hi, I totally understand how you feel. Unfortunately, with the Olympic season on the horizon, everything will start to ramp up--good and bad. My advice for you is to know that it's okay to take breaks and leave anything figure skating, or even Yuzu-related content, if it'll help. It's okay to disengage. I usually try to not get caught up in anything on Twitter that will make me angry or sad, because it's better for my mental health. There will always be people trying to disparage Yuzu and his fans, saying all fanyus are deranged, dismissing anything they say as hate, and god-forbid if you try to question the judging and the ISU (which is totally okay if you're just a regular skating fan, but if you're a Yuzu fan, your opinion is invalid).

So right now, you're feeling drained. And that's okay. Know that there are tons of us who will support you and each other. The Planet here is pretty welcoming, and we can all share our frustrations and try to lift each other up.

If you do still want to get Yuzu content without seeing all the negativity, I suggest just sticking here, watching old Yuzu videos/interviews, and chatting with fellow fans.

Since you're looking for cute content, here is a video that never fails to make me smile (you may have seen it already):

Thank you. It's been draining especially for the generalization and media play. I'll stay on here and hope things get better soon.

Also thank you for the video- it made me smile  :68271401:

2 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

Hi ya'll. I don't know why I'm typing this here since online forums usually make me nervous but I don't know... I've been really sad the past couple of days. fs twitter has drained me and there's just been so much negativity thrown towards Yuzuru and fanyus. It's all just been so draining. I guess it's cause I'm still semi-new to everything. Again, I'm not sure why I'm typing this here- feel free to delete this if it's too negative, but I just needed to let this out somewhere I guess. If anyone has some positive news or cute pictures, I could really use it right now. 

For new fanyus, here's a good thread about what to expect for the Olympic season. The best thing to do is ignore them and understand that it's their strategy to stir up drama to get more clicks, views, and attention so they can spread their narratives. It's better to surround yourself with positive people and content instead. Block, block, block all the bad stuff.

And here's cute Yuzu to cheer you up. :pudding:

3 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

Yeah i know how you feel, it feels like yuzu and fanyus are being attacked from left and right and to think that we're not even in olympic season yet...I never thought that becoming a yuzu stan will coat me an emotional roller coaster 😓 but when i see his skating its just worth it i guess.

4 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

1) Try not to read those posts or threads. Dont follow every single thread/post in social media.

2) Follow other sports. Those which are less drama for you or your country's athletes. Non judged sports have less drama usually cos its all in the speed or numbers. 

Tokyo Olympics is this year so I follow those sports more.

With 3 to 4 sports to follow, who qualifies for Tokyo Olympics, what are the ranking points needed, etc, there would not much time to dwell on the stuff that goes on in Figure Skating.

3) With the pandemic still going on, there are far more important things to be concerned about in real life. What athletes do or not coach does not effect us one cm/inch in real life.

4 hours ago, Lynn487 said:

Hello Lynn.. hope you're doing fine~

I completely get about how forum can make you nervous and that's ok.. you made a post so  that's  something, right??

If you're aware that twitter has been making you feel drained, then it might be a good decision to stay away from it for a  while. Do and enjoy something else! What do you like? classical music? Go listen/watch the clip.. k-drama? binge watch it maybe.. or watch some random yuzu clip on YouTube, that  sounds cool  too~ anything will do to freshen your  mind  up  a bit. Only you know what would work.

Fandom is  supposed  to be enjoyable and while  there are  times we're tense or stressed from  the object of that fandom, if it gets too in your head it's not good. I think there's still a positive side to it that we can focus our mind into.. everything will be fine eventually. :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Meanwhile, let's enjoy this healing content.. hope this can help. :67638860:

https://twitter.com/__pino_____/status/1377062599636918272?s=20

p.s. oh man I forgot how to embed.. :embSwan:

Shoma talks about the World Championship
https://voice.nowdo.net/share_post/74/WlRrNE1EQTVPVGhsWTJZNE5ESTNaUT09R1BnaWhwdEtjakc4T3FGdTY2SXE0QT09/

Yuzu's part

"I couldn’t made it to watch Yuzu’s FS because I was doing my interviews so I couldn’t say much but I am happy we chatted a lot after the competition. We were in the same plane and Yuzu talked to me. I was stunned and couldn’t feedback well but I was really happy.”

Source (translation)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKr2P5pyH1/?igshid=n4jqitv9pnxb

➡️ For Yuzu's costume review you must to scroll down in the blog.
The H&E costume gets 10 score from me:67638860:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Happy Easter for you all 😃 regarding all the madness in social media - I deleted Twitter, that's the hell on earth 😉 my days beginn with one or two favorite Yuzu-videos and also end this way. Thats all I need to keep smiling. 

A follow-up on the GS stuff under spoiler.

Spoiler

Well, when I got up this morning, the admin had deleted her whole thread. I'm suspecting it's either 1) because someone pointed out that the cancellation of the American leg of SOI proved Chen was tremendously unpopular, and the constant harping on Fanyus just sounded like jealousy (and none of them even tried to deny it!), or 2) because someone else had the guts to mention that Reddit post that explains all the 2017 drama that led to the creation of the Planet, and even calls out a few GS posters by name (hope it's okay to post the link here). Unless there was even better stuff in the past 10-11 hours that I missed! If there was, please PM me to tell, I am very curious. :hihi:

it's not even off season yet:embSwan: and there is so much drama going on already? Ahhhhhh. Thanks for all the cute photos and vids. The media is driving me crazy these days. I really, really, really can't imagine what will happen to fs media around January 2022. The journalists are getting more and more vicious...

Spoiler

When I was dealing with insomnia back then I used to stay late up at night read all the drama that happened on GS and,,,,,,,,, DL, with huge bags of chips. (im serious.) Now the high tea parties are still going on? damn.:sipping:I salute