General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, Muralla17 said:

NEWs...

Sorry if already post it.

Yuzu will take part in Stars on Ice Tour...

Not gonna lie, i'm a bit disappointed with this news...we're still in the middle of pandemic...I can understand going to Nats, Worlds but an ice show is so unnecessary imo. But maybe it wasn't easy to re negotiate his contract and also Japan still want to host that cursed summer olympic so maybe there's a sense that they want to appear safe enough to do it.

Yes, I think this sums up everything very well:

It's really hard for me to believe that the Yuzuru Hanyu who was first to skip the GP series and stated in every second sentence that health and safety go first, is so eager to participate in a show with full house crowd in the middle of a pandemic.

As long as we don't know the full truth, the worst thing we can do is turning against him. Let's be honest: Wherever IMG is involved, you can expect the ugliest and most disgusting things going on in the background. I know very well what it means to sign a contract where you cannot get out that easily... Let's say, Yuzu refused to participate. I don't even want to imagine what that would mean for his future as a skater. Both in shows and competitions.

I remember how disappointed I was about Javi going to Russia last year. It was indeed not a smart move to make cosy selfies with no masks in the middle of a pandemic. However, I feel bad for judging him going there, because we don't know about the skaters' situation, their financial state and obligations or contracts which they may not be able to reject.

That's why I feel that I have absolutely no right to judge their decisions. Especially not without knowing the crucial aspects. It's the first year for a VERY VERY long time that Yuzu is not injured or otherwise ill (thank God), so it's not that easy to WD for him this time. I'm sure, the strict participation rules for WTT are the main reason, why Yuzu must be there and I'm sure, there is a similiar reason for SOI.

hace 42 minutos , mmmrazorz said:

Not gonna lie, i'm a bit disappointed with this news...we're still in the middle of pandemic...I can understand going to Nats, Worlds but an ice show is so unnecessary imo. But maybe it wasn't easy to re negotiate his contract and also Japan still want to host that cursed summer olympic so maybe there's a sense that they want to appear safe enough to do it.

I understand what you’re saying but we know nothing about the circumstances and reasons behind his decision to participate in this show. He’s definitely bound by contract but maybe regardless/beyond any penalty clause in case of a contract breach, the organizers are begging him to save the show and let’s not forget the other athletes participating as well.

What I do know, is that we have heard him voice his concerns about the pandemic and when it was his decision alone (like about his participation in the GPS), he did his best to prevent and choose to not go. 

I’m sure this time he had to consider many factors and if he’s willing to go, he’s probably again putting the interests of others ahead of his owns. In any case I respect his decision and will pray for him to stay safe&healthy and if possible that he also enjoy a bit the show. That would be nice. :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:

This thread explains the sale of tickets - it seems the deadline for refunds was 31.3.21 so many people applied for refunds - all the skaters had been announced after worlds, except Yuzuru, announced today.  It seems the plan to do this was based on getting the crowd to reduce in size given the pandemic (the tickets were sold early last year), so Yuzuru fans are cross as they were singled out and also that this is a dishonest ploy.  Japanese fans are not blaming Yuzuru for this at all.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Nearly all of Japan's currently internationally competitive senior skaters are billed for SOI Yokohama. The only glaring omission is Satoko. It seems unlikely that so many of them independently said yes without some encouragement behind the scenes. But who knows what's actually going on.

49 minutes ago, mmmrazorz said:

I’m a bit different. I was surprised when it was confirmed he would be joining SOI, but I didn’t feel disappointed nor excited. There have to be reasons for Yuzu to join the events he decided to join this season. Whatever they are, I am very confident he has thought it through very carefully. I would still feel worried though, like a mother hen that I am sometimes LOL, so I pray that his next events would be safe and enjoyable for him (and maybe serving as good labs for him to test whatever he wants to test :grin:

I am 100% sure Yuzuru will be contracted to attend SOI. It seems some people (twitter) think he can (and SHOULD) get out of this somehow.  Yuzuru is not the type of person to renege on a contract imo. They are binding in more ways than legally.....

Also some  people (twitter) think he might be skating because he might struggle to pay a fine if he did refuse to skate - I doubt this, plus money is not the only thing that influences our decisions!! Yuzuru has high moral standards, a sense of duty, and integrity, these are the factors that will have influenced his "decision" imo. The other thing is that Japanese people take a lot of care over the coronavirus, he probably feels a lot safer skating in Japan than in Sweden!!

Stay safe Yuzuru and don't worry about all the arguments on social media - DONT LOOK!! (I should take my own advice I think!!)

EDIT: I have had to go into my office during the pandemic despite disagreeing with my employers' stance and feeling we could have worked from home.  I had no option.  Its pretty much the same situation for the skaters I am sure especially for postponed events.

I am not angry at Yuzu for the SOI announcement, but rather at those who offered him the contract to show up on this particular iteration of SOI (which from what I was able to infer from the twitter thread linked in @Pammi's post was initially planned for last year, but Yuzu cancelled his appearance in SOI '20 and yet the contract carried over to this year, so SOI then announced that they were able to include Yuzu in this year's show??).

I personally prefer it that Yuzu skips SOI if possible as well, but if the contractual obligation made it so that he could not opt out howsoever then I just hope that he could go about it in the safest way... I am obviously not letting IMG off the hook though...

1 minute ago, Pammi said:

I am 100% sure Yuzuru will be contracted to attend SOI. It seems some people (twitter) think he can (and SHOULD) get out of this somehow.  Yuzuru is not the type of person to renege on a contract imo. They are binding in more ways than legally.....

Also some  people (twitter) think he might be skating because he might struggle to pay a fine if he did refuse to skate - I doubt this, plus money is not the only thing that influences our decisions!! Yuzuru has high moral standards, a sense of duty, and integrity, these are the factors that will have influenced his "decision" imo. The other thing is that Japanese people take a lot of care over the coronavirus, he probably feels a lot safer skating in Japan than in Sweden!!

Stay safe Yuzuru and don't worry about all the arguments on social media - DONT LOOK!! (I should take my own advice I think!!)

Yep, yep and yep! Trust in Yuzu and support him in his wild journey :grin:

Anyway, since we don’t know much, lets try not to speculate.

At this point I feel we should be more concerned about what is really coming: Last chance to see Madame Tussaud’s! Yuzu in his PW costume. Problem really is only the costume will be changed it seems. The rest, down to the pose, will probably stay the same. Cant say I want to see Origin 2.0 in PW pose...

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, I think this sums up everything very well:

It's really hard for me to believe that the Yuzuru Hanyu who was first to skip the GP series and stated in every second sentence that health and safety go first, is so eager to participate in a show with full house crowd in the middle of a pandemic.

As long as we don't know the full truth, the worst thing we can do is turning against him. Let's be honest: Wherever IMG is involved, you can expect the ugliest and most disgusting things going on in the background. I know very well what it means to sign a contract where you cannot get out that easily... Let's say, Yuzu refused to participate. I don't even want to imagine what that would mean for his future as a skater. Both in shows and competitions.

I remember how disappointed I was about Javi going to Russia last year. It was indeed not a smart move to make cosy selfies with no masks in the middle of a pandemic. However, I feel bad for judging him going there, because we don't know about the skaters' situation, their financial state and obligations or contracts which they may not be able to reject.

That's why I feel that I have absolutely no right to judge their decisions. Especially not without knowing the crucial aspects. It's the first year for a VERY VERY long time that Yuzu is not injured or otherwise ill (thank God), so it's not that easy to WD for him this time. I'm sure, the strict participation rules for WTT are the main reason, why Yuzu must be there and I'm sure, there is a similiar reason for SOI.

What does IMG stands for?  Thank you in advance.

GS "drama" under spoiler.

Spoiler
They're talking about JW's comments, and there's even a comment about the creation of the Planet... The admin was the one creating the topic, which seems unusual. Am I right to think the juxtaposition with the thread title seems quite ironic? Anyway, if anyone wants to dust off their old GS account and reply... It's pretty sad how there's only one narrative left over there.