General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you for sharing this quote! Yes, this is exactly what feel when I think of Yuzu, too. Despite all the success and money and fame, but also the tragedies and injustice that happened to him, he never loses his temper and still remains a grounded and polite person. This is something that everyone can take as an example.

You know, I'm a long-time Snooker fan, too, and I love how the fans and commentators anticipate new milestones by veteran players. We are not talking about careers of 5 or 10 years length, but 20 or even 30 years and more.

When the GOAT Ronnie O'Sullivan has compiled the 999th century break of his career, British and Chinese newspapers were going crazy and couldn't wait for #1000. When it happened, the crowd burst out in joy and celebration:

If I compare this feat with Yuzu's 50 clean triple Axels in international senior short programs, it's about the same mindblowing milestone and Yuzu would have deserved a respone like this, too. This is something really really special, because it's not only about greatness of the moment, but greatness and mastery of a full decade.

Yuzu has proven once and for all that the triple Axel is his jump. He is its true master and the only skater who's able to unleash all the hidden powers of this special element, even if it didn't work out in the free this time.

this is truly heartwarming to see, you know?

Sadly, FS can't relate.

ETA: actually, I can see Japan kinda trying this route of celebrating just the best of the sport, but...if the two biggest powerhouses wanna keep leaving in cold war era and play their political games, twisted narratives are always gonna stay, and they'll keep poisoning competitions and the fandom too.

3 hours ago, Muralla17 said:

I have just discovered this "app"... and guess with which picture I have given it a go? 0:)

https://im-a-puzzle.com/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email#/play?&ref=user/mira_soy_un_rompecabezas_deslizante_3ex0mkt94&difficulty=3&mode=0&fromLink=email

Have fun! :loveshower:

it took me entirely too long ot solve it:embSwan:

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Someone decided the world needed to see Yuzu as Cathedrals: 

The second cathedral they mention - the one compared to Ballade - is the seat of the Archbishop for my archdiocese and a church I have stood in many times. Now I will look at it in a different light. 

Incidentally my own church (which is not this one) would probably make a good R&J 1 or R&J 2. Or both. 

Yuzu as cathedrals is so unexpected, but I'm mindblown that indeed it can be done LOL

the perks of a wide variety of costumes in different hues, I guess: you might not find a match for every costume, but you can certainly find match at least one of them to whatever object you choose:laughing:

2 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

This is getting crazier and crazier but I'm here for it. What next? :tumblr_inline_mlrwzkQn7u1qz4rgp:

wasn't there someone who wanted to do a thread  of Yuzu as pudding? (after that chinese anti creating a cute nickname)? I don't know if they did though...

46 minutes ago, Alpha_orionis said:

Do you know if there will be an ISU live stream of WTT like there was for Worlds?

It should, since it's a ISU comp (like for NHK, ISU has its own stream too). Also, pretty sure that the usual "alternative" streaming will pop up too. FS fandom is resourceful.

Though I'm still hoping good sense will prevail and the comp will not happen :/ Though it's kinda already late by know, and the only reasonable way to have a buble would have been to charter all partecipants to Japan right after WC and have htem all follow the smae regimen for jpn athletes).

There's still time to have no audience, but unless local authorities put their foot down, it doesn't look like things are gonna change ://///

(tho tbh I trust the audience a lot more than some skaters. At least there shouldn't be the unnecessary whole caravan of russian media..I hope).

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

wasn't there someone who wanted to do a thread  of Yuzu as pudding? (after that chinese anti creating a cute nickname)? I don't know if they did though...

Here is the pudding train you're looking for~~

On 3/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, amylance1215 said:

Let's all hop on that pudding train!! (There's POTO 1 as well but it's a before picture)

I'm so hungry.... pudding....

I want to cleanse away the toxicity pervading the SNS world - which is, unfortunately, the common state of the "Human Condition"...

I found it charming that the 16th generation descendant of a branch of Uesugi family has his own twitter account.  He recently found out about Yuzu skating to the theme of TTCT and was astounded to see his twitter followers increase rapidly to more than 4000.  Apparently he had not watched JNats, and only became aware of Yuzu's choice of music just before the Worlds.   In this latest tweet, he sends his greetings to the many fans of Hanyu Yuzuru who started to follow him.  He reassures us that we don't need to be particularly interested on the historic Sengoku (Warring States) period to share tweets on this site, and welcomes us to get in touch with him with a light heart.  (I think he adds this note because it can be quite intimidating to be tweeting with a descendant of one of the most fearsome warriors of the Sengoku period!)

In his twitter profile, he mentions that he is doing his best to spread Lord Kenshin's Philosophy of Virtue and to ensure that this part of history will not be erased from the (Japanese) school text book.   Quite a number of Japanese fanyus have responded and are tweeting with him.

In this tweet just before Yuzu's Free at WC, he asks: "Is it time for Lord Hanyu (Hanyu-dono) to take to the battle field?  Wishing him a (warrior's) good fortune."   

I absolutely love that he uses the appropriate old Japanese phrases for warriors heading out to battle (Shutujin and Go-Bu-un).  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Hey guys.. this is quite random but does anyone has the link to the compilation of yuzu's squeaky noises?? I saw it few days ago? or last week? on Twitter but lost it and want to show my friend that.. :embSwan:

Also I think as best  as we could, we should distance ourselves  from all the negative posts. Even if it means staying in our own little bubble.. the most important thing is to have fun  and positive experience. Don't let it affect you too much~

NEWS:

Yuzu is scheduled to be in SOI Yokohama (4/25, 4/24, 4/22, 4/23)

This will only be Japanese skaters:  Men (Yuzu, Shoma, Yuma, Mura, Keiji, Sato, Tomono, Yamamoto) and women (Higuchi, Kihira, Sakamoto, Mihara...), dance (KoKo). Sorry for the mixture of first and last names.

A bit surprised he is doing this (please stay healthy and safe) because of the Covid cases rising in Tokyo, but perhaps he was contracted to do this, from last year when it was postponed.  Sadly, not being vaccinated, I don't feel safe to go there, sigh, even if it is only a 2-3 hour plane ride.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
11 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

NEWS:

Yuzu is scheduled to be in SOI Yokohama (4/8, 4/25, 4/24, 4/23, 4/22)

This will only be Japanese skaters:  Men (Yuzu, Shoma, Yuma, Mura, Keiji, Sato, Tomono, Yamamoto) and women (Higuchi, Kihira, Sakamoto...), dance (KoKo)

A bit surprised he is doing this because of the Covid cases rising in Tokyo, but perhaps we was contracted to do this, from last year when it was postponed.

Based on the website, I don't think 4/8 is part of the schedule. From what I can tell using google translate, I think the original dates were 4/8-4/11 and then it got moved.

I guess they never did cancel SOI Yokohama last year...wasn't that the only one they didn't officially cancel, because it was the one that Yuzu had signed on to? Faintly remembered something weird and annoying happening surrounding it.

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I want to cleanse away the toxicity pervading the SNS world - which is, unfortunately, the common state of the "Human Condition"...

You and me both! It's so distressing the way people speak to each other on some sites.