General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

@Henni147 thank you for you analysis and for the good energy <3

these days (tbh, all days) there's always a bittersweet feeling even when reading amazing stats (I blame the ISU circus), but it's a nice reminder that not even so many people's concerted efforts can dampen Yuzuru's all-around awesomess:tumblr_inline_n2pjcwwxgn1qdlkyg:

(also, please tell your mom not to feel bad for the wrong prediction:10742289: )

yesterday I came across this quote (surprisingly, not from FS source)

1HImiQR.jpeg

I am not familiar with Pippa Grange, but this quote truly spoke to me: it could have been written about Yuzu!

FS has many nice people, and many champions, but it isn't as easy to find athletes who are both genuinely lovable people and champions.

Even being in a sport that had and still has so much stacked against him (starting with the internal feuds in his own fed, to systematic racism and so on) even after seeing his hard work undermined and undervalued constanty for years, and even seeing people he trusted and respected backstabbing him (and maybe also second-guessing the intentions of those who, instead, don't backstab him) Yuzuru is still going ahead following his own path.

He did cross the bridge of vulnerability. He's been open about his fears, his doubts, his dark moments. On the ice, Yuzuru showed not only beauty but also the rawness of painful feelings. Maybe he's more disillusioned now, but that doesn't stops him from still being open-hearted and genuine, and he's still out there, willing to share his very soul on the ice.

It's this underlying sincerity, beyond any formal beauty, that can touch so many so deeply.:crybaby:

So, thank you Yuzu for being Yuzu, and happy Helsinki Hope and Legacy anniversary:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: :201111231756430f6:

When even a still image can convey so much at once - strengh, beauty, and momevent -. :10636614:

Thank you, Joosep Martinson!

that's a god-tier pic, up there with those other god-tier pics like Effortless lines in UA and Otherwordly Ballade 3A landing (I'm made up the names for the pics just now. We could play "guess the pic" and describe a pic and try to guess it :68468287: it would be a nice excuse to rewatch beautiful pics)

Very well said! I love this quote. It could really be about Yuzu.

What makes Yuzu so special, loveable and precious to so many people all over the world are not just his athletic and artistic abilities and his successes. It's his character. He is such a genuine, generous and positive person with a huge, warm heart. He is authentic and full of integrity.

He has the courage to wear his heart on his sleeves and bare his soul to everyone when he performs on the ice. This is why it's impossible to look away when you watch him skate. This is also why - on top of all his obvious skills and level of mastery in figure skating - he has so many devoted fans and admirers from all over the planet.

No matter what hardships he has had to experience, no matter how much resistance he has had to face, not matter how much criticism and ridicule he has had to endure, Yuzu has always stayed true to himself and he has kept his pure and beautiful heart, spirit and soul. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

What I'd like to predict is that after all the shit Yuzu has had to go through again these past few years, he's due for something super wonderful, amazing and extraordinary to happen for him again. His luck has been accumulating. All the successes and rewards he's missed out on have been accumulating, waiting for the right moment to be unleashed. Yuzu's triumph will happen and when it does happen, it will be grander than anything we've ever seen, I believe in this.

His greatest triumph?  I don't think it's going to come during his competitive career.  I really think it's going to come when he starts producing ice shows that become the gold standard of ice shows.  We know he has the creativity but I think also he has the charisma that is needed when such enterprises are undertaken, the charisma and leadership qualities to bring together groups of artists all with egos and being able to unite them with a common vision.  If he does accomplish that then he will have a troupe that can tour internationally and his ideas of what skating should be can be disseminated wherever he goes.

25 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Very well said! I love this quote. It could really be about Yuzu.

What makes Yuzu so special, loveable and precious to so many people all over the world are not just his athletic and artistic abilities and his successes. It's his character. He is such a genuine, generous and positive person with a huge, warm heart. He is authentic and full of integrity.

He has the courage to wear his heart on his sleeves and bare his soul to everyone when he performs on the ice. This is why it's impossible to look away when you watch him skate. This is also why - on top of all his obvious skills and level of mastery in figure skating - he has so many devoted fans and admirers from all over the planet.

No matter what hardships he has had to experience, no matter how much resistance he has had to face, not matter how much criticism and ridicule he has had to endure, Yuzu has always stayed true to himself and he has kept his pure and beautiful heart, spirit and soul. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He's one of the few skaters that still smiles even if he didn't do as well as he wanted. I love that about him! 

Someone decided the world needed to see Yuzu as Cathedrals: 

The second cathedral they mention - the one compared to Ballade - is the seat of the Archbishop for my archdiocese and a church I have stood in many times. Now I will look at it in a different light. 

Incidentally my own church (which is not this one) would probably make a good R&J 1 or R&J 2. Or both. 

51 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you for sharing this quote! Yes, this is exactly what feel when I think of Yuzu, too. Despite all the success and money and fame, but also the tragedies and injustice that happened to him, he never loses his temper and still remains a grounded and polite person. This is something that everyone can take as an example.

You know, I'm a long-time Snooker fan, too, and I love how the fans and commentators anticipate new milestones by veteran players. We are not talking about careers of 5 or 10 years length, but 20 or even 30 years and more.

When the GOAT Ronnie O'Sullivan has compiled the 999th century break of his career, British and Chinese newspapers were going crazy and couldn't wait for #1000. When it happened, the crowd burst out in joy and celebration.

I really recommend to watch the full 2:58 video, even if you don't know the rules. The whole atmosphere and mutual respect between the players is a must-see:

If I compare this feat with Yuzu's 50 clean triple Axels in international senior short programs, it's about the same mindblowing milestone and Yuzu would have deserved a response like this, too. This is something really really special, because it's not only about greatness of the moment, but greatness and mastery of a full decade.

Yuzu has proven once and for all that the triple Axel is his jump. He is its true master and the only skater who's able to unleash all the hidden powers of this special element, even if it didn't work out in the free this time.

Since you brought Snooker to compare Ronnie O'Sullivan's mastery with Yuzu's mastery I thought it would be interesting to bring one of my favorite sports Chess to compare some things. You see Chess being an intelectual sport rather than physical one changes some things but not the rivalry that existst in pretty much every sport so in chess the iconic rivalry we have now is the GOAT Magnus Carlsen and Hikaru Nakamura these two are the top players we have, when they're not playing against each other their games are incredible in different ways they both have different approaches and unique ways of doing things (which reminds me a lot of Nathan and Yuzu's different approaches of FS :laughing:) so when they're playing against each other is always so nervouswreacking not knowing who's gonna win but the interesting thing is that the commentators are not being "biased" towards one of them they know it's pointless why would they put one of them down just to say how good the other one is? And this really makes me question why the media or those "experts" do what they do in figure skating. :14066882:

Magnus is the GOAT of chess like Yuzu is the GOAT of figure skating but he's human and as a human being (even though sometimes the things he does makes me question if he's not a machine in disguise ) he can make mistakes and lose but in chess you are not gonna see any expert saying that he past his prime or that he is not the best ever because they know the things he does take years to master if reaching the level he is now was so easy we would've had a lot of chess Grandmasters but we don't because it's not easy, so why the media and the "experts" do what they do to Yuzu? Denying that yuzu is not the best ever or trying to put him down because he "lost" to someone is pointless is not only just being biased but indeed denying a whole athlete's history it's like a big f*** you to history of the sport as whole and I will honestly never understand  these things, the way this pisses me of.  :notamused:

PS: Happy H&L day this program is *chef kiss* 

PS2: Yuzu needs better idols JW is way to problematic

15 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I think Yuzu costumes have been compared to anything from dresses to precious stones or butterflies. Now it's also eggs, beautiful and precious eggs. :201111231756430f6:

This is getting crazier and crazier but I'm here for it. What next? :tumblr_inline_mlrwzkQn7u1qz4rgp:

56 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I think Yuzu costumes have been compared to anything from dresses to precious stones or butterflies. Now it's also eggs, beautiful and precious eggs. :201111231756430f6:

...my initial thought to this thread is actually "...wait, we haven't compared him to Faberge eggs already???" :xD: