General Yuzuru Chat

Have to admit that reading Twitter the last week (or thereabouts) has been quite the rollercoaster. I have gone through my follow list and purged a number of people (mostly journalists like Hersh) away because I cannot stand them anymore. 

Then this morning to read what JW is posting to defend himself I just had to laugh. He constantly victimizes himself, and while I do understand he did get quite a bit of crap during his competitive career, he honestly seems to take no attempts to take a mature approach. I'm pretty sure I unfollowed him this summer over his horrendous BLM blunder. 

I feel like a lot of so called "experts" of figure skating (former skaters and journalists) don't really understand why people are so dedicated to Yuzuru and that his fans understand the sport WAY more than "experts" think. 

6 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Wow! @Henni147, Max quoted your analysis of Yuzu's triple Axels! :2thumbsup:

And yes, I agree, how can it possibly be that Yuzu's 3As still get much lower GOEs than they should considering their incredible quality?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Yes! This feels so great  :cri:

You know, I could rant about the scoring, the pathetic narratives, all those people who stab Yuzu notoriously in the back (and playing victim), but I just try my best to contribute something productive and uplifting to our community and get things moving forward in a positive direction.

Yuzu is our light and I try my best to be a little LED bulb, too.

28 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Wow! @Henni147, Max quoted your analysis of Yuzu's triple Axels! :2thumbsup:

And yes, I agree, how can it possibly be that Yuzu's 3As still get much lower GOEs than they should considering their incredible quality?

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yes! This feels so great  :cri:

You know, I could rant about the scoring, the pathetic narratives, all those people who stab Yuzu notoriously in the back (and playing victim), but I just try my best to contribute something productive and uplifting to our community and get things moving forward in a positive direction.

Yuzu is our light and I try my best to be a little LED bulb, too.

Your contributions to our community is truly appreciated:img_20: Thank you so much for your analysis!! And please send our regards to your lovely mum and dad too!!

I wholeheartedly agree with giving positive influence/response when negative things happen. Shadow deepens when the light is strong. It's easy to react to the negative things with more negative energy but if we want to make a difference / restore the balance of positive & negative, we must stay positive and see it through. Venting frustration is needed sometime and it can help getting over things but if we concentrate only on negative side, we can lose sight on good things. 

As for WTT, I still can't believe Yuzu is participating in. But if that's been decided and Yuzu is getting ready for it, I'll pray for his health and safety (and all the skaters') the most then cheer for him. 

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Your contributions to our community is truly appreciated:img_20: Thank you so much for your analysis!! And please send our regards to your lovely mum and dad too!!

Thank you! Best wishes from them to the whole Planet, too!

Mom still feels a bit responsible for the Worlds result and did not have the heart to make any more predictions about Yuzu's future competitions. I tried to tell her that probably not even the likes of Nostradamus and Seimei had a 100% success rate. That cheered her up a little :joy:

14 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you! Best wishes from them to the whole Planet, too!

Mom still feels a bit responsible for the Worlds result and did not have the heart to make any more predictions about Yuzu's future competitions. I tried to tell her that probably not even the likes of Nostradamus and Seimei had a 100% success rate. That cheered her up a little :joy:

What I'd like to predict is that after all the shit Yuzu has had to go through again these past few years, he's due for something super wonderful, amazing and extraordinary to happen for him again. His luck has been accumulating. All the successes and rewards he's missed out on have been accumulating, waiting for the right moment to be unleashed. Yuzu's triumph will happen and when it does happen, it will be grander than anything we've ever seen, I believe in this. :dancingpooh:

And the most important thing is that he's healthy and happy and stays healthy and happy. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

What I'd like to predict is that after all the shit Yuzu has had to go through again these past few years, he's due for something super wonderful, amazing and extraordinary to happen for him again. His luck has been accumulating. All the successes and rewards he's missed out on have been accumulating, waiting for the right moment to be unleashed. Yuzu's triumph will happen and when it does happen, it will be grander than anything we've ever seen, I believe in this. :dancingpooh:

And the most important thing is that he's healthy and happy and stays healthy and happy. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Yes, and as he once said, because what he has gone through was 10 times more challenging and difficult, he will experience 10 times the happiness at the end of it 

(I'm paraphrasing I'm sure, but very Yuzu-like nonetheless) 

Yes, as our golden boy had said, "Efforts may lie but will never be in vain", which i think suits well with the current situation too:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Sh*tty judging might happen right now but when it matters he's gonna shine bright. (pls!) (not jinxing btw)

@Henni147 thank you for you analysis and for the good energy <3

these days (tbh, all days) there's always a bittersweet feeling even when reading amazing stats (I blame the ISU circus), but it's a nice reminder that not even so many people's concerted efforts can dampen Yuzuru's all-around awesomess:tumblr_inline_n2pjcwwxgn1qdlkyg:

(also, please tell your mom not to feel bad for the wrong prediction:10742289: )

yesterday I came across this quote (surprisingly, not from FS source)

1HImiQR.jpeg

I am not familiar with Pippa Grange, but this quote truly spoke to me: it could have been written about Yuzu!

FS has many nice people, and many champions, but it isn't as easy to find athletes who are both genuinely lovable people and champions.

Even being in a sport that had and still has so much stacked against him (starting with the internal feuds in his own fed, to systematic racism and so on) even after seeing his hard work undermined and undervalued constanty for years, and even seeing people he trusted and respected backstabbing him (and maybe also second-guessing the intentions of those who, instead, don't backstab him) Yuzuru is still going ahead following his own path.

He did cross the bridge of vulnerability. He's been open about his fears, his doubts, his dark moments. On the ice, Yuzuru showed not only beauty but also the rawness of painful feelings. Maybe he's more disillusioned now, but that doesn't stops him from still being open-hearted and genuine, and he's still out there, willing to share his very soul on the ice.

It's this underlying sincerity, beyond any formal beauty, that can touch so many so deeply.:crybaby:

So, thank you Yuzu for being Yuzu, and happy Helsinki Hope and Legacy anniversary:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: :201111231756430f6:

55 minutes ago, Melodie said:
  1. Ex5SOCkXEAQBYsL?format=jpg&name=large

LINES 

(Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNH1xGurXqB/?igshid=15jfn711nl6rq)

Did I say lines? Because his LINES, that kneebend, that back, that posture, that outside edge, that expression :sadPooh:

When even a still image can convey so much at once - strengh, beauty, and momevent -. :10636614:

Thank you, Joosep Martinson!

that's a god-tier pic, up there with those other god-tier pics like Effortless lines in UA and Otherwordly Ballade 3A landing (I'm made up the names for the pics just now. We could play "guess the pic" and describe a pic and try to guess it :68468287: it would be a nice excuse to rewatch beautiful pics)

30 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

@Henni147 thank you for you analysis and for the good energy <3

these days (tbh, all days) there's always a bittersweet feeling even when reading amazing stats (I blame the ISU circus), but it's a nice reminder that not even so many people's concerted efforts can dampen Yuzuru's all-around awesomess:tumblr_inline_n2pjcwwxgn1qdlkyg:

(also, please tell your mom not to feel bad for the wrong prediction:10742289: )

yesterday I came across this quote (surprisingly, not from FS source)

1HImiQR.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this quote! Yes, this is exactly what feel when I think of Yuzu, too. Despite all the success and money and fame, but also the tragedies and injustice that happened to him, he never loses his temper and still remains a grounded and polite person. This is something that everyone can take as an example.

You know, I'm a long-time Snooker fan, too, and I love how the fans and commentators anticipate new milestones by veteran players. We are not talking about careers of 5 or 10 years length, but 20 or even 30 years and more.

When the GOAT Ronnie O'Sullivan has compiled the 999th century break of his career, British and Chinese newspapers were going crazy and couldn't wait for #1000. When it happened, the crowd burst out in joy and celebration.

I really recommend to watch the full 2:58 video, even if you don't know the rules. The whole atmosphere and mutual respect between the players is a must-see:

If I compare this feat with Yuzu's 50 clean triple Axels in international senior short programs, it's about the same mindblowing milestone and Yuzu would have deserved a response like this, too. This is something really really special, because it's not only about greatness of the moment, but greatness and mastery of a full decade.

Yuzu has proven once and for all that the triple Axel is his jump. He is its true master and the only skater who's able to unleash all the hidden powers of this special element, even if it didn't work out in the free this time.