General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I still can't comprehend this. Yuzuru Extra Hanyu has landed 50 clean triple Axels in 51 international senior short programs.

This is so f*** awesome.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Also the way he manages to make every single element fit the music perfectly look at this 3A exactly on the beat :10636614:

4 hours ago, Melodie said:

:sipping:

Ok this makes me very mad, Yuzuru Hanyu have not being out of podium since 2014 do these people know how difficult it is to be on podium in every competition for the past 7 years? If he's not relevant anymore or if he needs to retire all of this young or old skaters who are never on the podium needs to retire too it's not as simple as that, win all the time may not even be that skater motivation. If a skater who have 2xOGM, 2xWorld title, 4xGrand Prix Finals, 1x4CC, who broke the world record 18 times and is still able to achieve over 300 in the total score If a guy like this needs to retire I'm concerned about who is still relevant in this sport according to those people :sipping:

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Yesterday I felt so upset reading Twitter and the things media (and others) have been saying - i don’t understand why it is that in order to promote Nate, Yuzuru should be derided. I saw a Japanese person tweet that the media in Japan love Nate and respect him, why can’t Western media do the same for Yuzuru, they asked..

I never understood this either, in my case even though Nathan is not my favorite skater I still watch the competitions he participates I like to see him skate it's not because I don't agree with the GOE's he gets that I'm gonna say he's a bad athlete or  I'm gonna deny the fact that Rocketman is one of my favorite programs I may like Yuzu a lot more than I like Nathan but I'm not gonna say his a bad athlete (which does not mean that I'm not gonna comment the lack of transitions or the spins and other elements that for me were a little off and also does not mean I don't think he's overscored but this is something that he have no control of) 

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Yesterday I felt so upset reading Twitter and the things media (and others) have been saying - i don’t understand why it is that in order to promote Nate, Yuzuru should be derided. I saw a Japanese person tweet that the media in Japan love Nate and respect him, why can’t Western media do the same for Yuzuru, they asked.

Anyway, happy H&L day, what wonderful memories of Yuzuru’s stellar performance!

Oh and Yuzuru, just a reminder (if it’s needed) that we love you so much and adore watching you skate, we are always excited by your music choices and the beautiful costumes you wear, and we believe in you too, 100%.

The way I see it, this is because sportsman-like conduct doesnt give ratings. They sold their standards and got most of their viewers to lower their standards that now, if they raised the bar back, people would probably tune out or be bored. Those that want higher standards dont count, because they/we already seek out other streams and ways to view.

Additionally, and talking more about US here since I'm from there, they really love to push this us vs them narrative. No matter how damaging and damning it can be for those involved. It's why they hype up this NC vs YH rivalry that doesnt exist in the context they claim. Both skaters are respectful, but they love to ignore that fact and take no cues on how to handle discussions.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I have to add this because king shit XXL

But even this fantastic proof of consistency has some bittersweet taste in it. How many of these 3A should have got 4.0 GOE, that is, 5 over the board? In the last years, I should say nearly all. How many points were stolen from him, just upon his more-than-perfect, dream-like triple Axels?

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Happy H&L day and April Fools' day. I wish this could be a real news...

Ooohh maann... this is one of the most unforgettable performances for sure.. not only the skate itself but the reactions!! Priceless! I hope we can see that similar reaction again someday.. the way he's almost like wishing good score to come and when it did!! So deserved.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I actually just happened to re-watch this last night without realizing it's  the anniversary today.. hope it's like a good omen. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, hananistellata said:

Didn't Yuzu say that he only dropped the 4A out of his Worlds layout 3 days before the event? That must have meant that he landed it a couple of times in practise to even consider putting it in.

Unless he realised that his 4A was kinda UR or q and doesn't count it as landing it properly.

Yeah, my interpretation was that he probably doesn't count UR as "landing" it. I don't know how else you can decide to leave it out only three days before leaving for Worlds without having stayed on your feet at least once. But who really knows? It's Yuzu, after all.

3 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Didn't Yuzu say that he only dropped the 4A out of his Worlds layout 3 days before the event? That must have meant that he landed it a couple of times in practise to even consider putting it in.

Unless he realised that his 4A was kinda UR or q and doesn't count it as landing it properly.

He did mention it, I took it to mean it wasn't consistent or stable enough yet. Close enough he felt he could risk it, but in the end maybe more of a gamble than he wanted to take...but it does sound like it's looming closer.

45 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Woah. That’s a lot of posts. Finished catching up.

what de heck is wrong w JW... I’m gonna bawl

A lot of things and frankly, I dont care to unpack it all. Short end is: he is a bitter, racist, pos. He is aware he is irrelevant and therefore does every dirty trick and victim tactic to try and stay semi-relevant. Even if it means stabbing his own fans in the back along the way.

Loves to be a bully, but cant take what he dishes out. He cries wolf a lot to deflect and has a nice legion of equally blind and micro-aggressive supporters in his field to act as his echo chamber.

....apparently I can unpack a bit 😂

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Happy Hope&Legacy Day, everybody! :wink_star:

Hopurega in 4K! :loveshower:

Check out this channel. There are other Yuzu programs in 4K. :loveeyes:

I have not watched H&L for some time now and I felt very emotional and nostalgic watching this. Even though I already know the result, I felt my nervous heart jumping with excitement with each landed jump. Yuzu just exudes the air of a king here, commanding everyone to watch him.

Even though this was just 4 years ago, it is like this is from another time when scoring wasn't as ridiculous as it is now. These days, FS is hardly exciting to me anymore. We all can all sort of guess who is going to win without even watching the competition and this has extended to every discipline.

I miss those times when my heart raced when watching every competition.