General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If he does it at WTT....:eeking: I'm not ready. 

but from the sounds of things, 4A isn't ready either, so. 

Yeah I don't think he's gonna land it with +5 GOE. But it's not like skating well at WTT will make the media any nicer to him now, after Worlds. So, why not try? Just speculating. I don't know what he's thinking :laughing: Falling on a jump is still valuable experience.

23 minutes ago, kiches said:

Team China withdrew their entire team from WTT, I wonder if they got some sort of sanction for that or if the ISU was understanding enough  this time since Chinese Team wouldn't be considered a big enough audience draw for WTT.

or maybe they got a pass because they're the Olympic hosts? Not going to lie, I wish Canada would also withdraw, but it's a chance for the skaters to earn some money, too. And they probably need it. 

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah I don't think he's gonna land it with +5 GOE.

he said he needs 1/8 more rotation to be able to land it (not landing it clean, just landing it). Think how long he's been working on this puppy to get to this point.  I doubt he'd get the extra 1/8 rotation within the time from Worlds to WTT to make 4A landable. 

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

he said he needs 1/8 more rotation to be able to land it (not landing it clean, just landing it). Think how long he's been working on this puppy to get to this point.  I doubt he'd get the extra 1/8 rotation within the time from Worlds to WTT to make 4A landable. 

Yet we can guess this 1/8 of rotation is to have 4½ full rotations, not just something which would give a validation. Because at GPF practice, he did land an 4¼-revolution 4A, if falling after. Something "validable". Yet not enough for him.

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

or maybe they got a pass because they're the Olympic hosts? Not going to lie, I wish Canada would also withdraw, but it's a chance for the skaters to earn some money, too. And they probably need it. 

Could be, and likely China sees that it's an unnecessary event so they aren't risking their athletes. Of course I wish all would withdraw and they would cancel since Osaka's situation with the virus is escalating and most of these skaters only just competed in Sweden and are doing some form of quarantine but still give some of the participants the anticipated prize money.

29 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah I don't think he's gonna land it with +5 GOE. But it's not like skating well at WTT will make the media any nicer to him now, after Worlds. So, why not try? Just speculating. I don't know what he's thinking :laughing: Falling on a jump is still valuable experience.

Yes the media wouldn't leave him alone even if skate good programs because having a world title is much more expressive than win a WTT title, so why not try to land it there? He wouldn't have that much pressure and if he falls we would still get a chance to see how close he is to actually land it :laughing:

52 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Let us be reminded of the venue. 
No fall, please. 
:puddingpooh:

29 minutes ago, liv said:

I"m surprised at how many people are surprised that Yuzu is going to WTT. I really didn't expect otherwise. While they may not support him much, JSF knows he is their cash cow. And he may really want to skate that free program much better too...

I don't think we're surprised that he was chosen as he brings in the viewers, but the event is unnecessary (unlike Nationals and Worlds) and given the virus situation in Osaka it seems like something he would avoid if he could given he had also withdrawn from the grand prix which was also in Osaka in the fall.

17 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

The changes are currently hidden, but I hope to remove the template tomorrow.

I feel that after all the mess that happened to Lae and the Axel with Wings team recently (hello Olympic Channel), they have a right to see the draft first and agree with the content and citation form. That's the minimum level of respect they deserve for their amazing translation work.

I strongly believe that - no matter how good or bad our reputation as 'fanyus' is - we as fans must never let ourselves go, but always be examples in how to be respectful, supportive and do proper and serious research work. I think, Yuzu would approve.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

The changes are currently hidden, but I hope to remove the template tomorrow.

I feel that after all the mess that happened to Lae and the Axel with Wings team recently (hello Olympic Channel), they have a right to see the draft first and agree with the content and citation form. That's the minimum level of respect they deserve for their amazing translation work.

I strongly believe that - no matter how good or bad our reputation as 'fanyus' is - we as fans must never let ourselves go, but always be examples in how to be respectful, supportive and do proper and serious research work. I think, Yuzu would approve.

Did Olympic Channel do something further than using their translation (with credit at least) and publish it?

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

Did Olympic Channel do something further than using their translation (with credit at least) and publish it?

Well, in the past they used multiple translations without any credits.

Now they gave credit, but boy, using the full x pages long transcript 1:1 and not even asking. That's very unprofessional, especially for a website linked to an official organization like the International Olympic Committee.

JNats was several months ago, yet I find myself sucked into the mystery of why Yuzu's SP spin was invalidated once again. I had a good theory, until I found language in one of the rule books that strongly suggested it wasn't true. But that language also means that there's no reason it should have been invalidated. My brain hurts. Maybe the most logical conclusion is that the JNats tech panel was incompetent and flat out wrong to have invalidated it. One thing that is clearly true: the ISU is garbage at writing clear rules.

1 hour ago, MssSwan said:

Yes the media wouldn't leave him alone even if skate good programs because having a world title is much more expressive than win a WTT title, so why not try to land it there? He wouldn't have that much pressure and if he falls we would still get a chance to see how close he is to actually land it :laughing:

Oh dear lord why are you encouraging him.

...I bet if he manages to land one in practice he's happy with before the competition, he will actually try it.