General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Sometimes events don't become superspreaders, like Worlds (hopefully). But a large degree of that is based on luck, so the more such events you hold, the more likely you DO get a superspreader even if all the protocols are exactly the same. Even if the event is a complete bubble. Which it wasn't at Worlds, although there was still testing so that reduced the probability of contamination, so yes it is better than absolutely nothing. And for Worlds, it was an Olympic qualifying event. There was *some* importance to it. But WTT is nothing but a joke event made-for-TV where the skaters have to be contractually obligated to attend when invited because otherwise no one would go, and that just leaves a bad taste in the middle of the pandemic.

We're just a very angry bunch, I'm sorry to say :laughing: it's because we know that Yuzu has been hospitalized with just the flu before due to his asthma, and COVID is much worse than the flu. We know he's worried, he's been vocally opposed to competitions all year. And we know Yuzu never speaks up against the ISU, EVER. So we are just tired and angry and worried fans. So you'll find we're a little snippy here with regards to this topic. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you 😀 I am also tired and worried, I can understand and when this is her only way to handle the situation, let it be. I am a big girl, when I throw a bomb like that into I have to live with mad reactions and I can 😉    

I try to stay positive. Covid will not be gone next year or the year after, it'll stay forever and it'll take a long time until big events can happen as before. In my opinion it is not the right way to cancel all events for years, this will destroy professionell sports and careers. Find a safe way as possible to let it happen (I guess in all events for our entertainment) is neccessary and possible. Of course it's about the money, too. They will make mistakes in the begining, there will never be a 100% save environment at events for many years. We don't know him situation will be in 6 month or a year with all the mutants. We have to go on.   

Yes, Yuzu has Asthma and yes, it is dangerous for him and all other athlets. But, he is an adult young man and thoughtful, I think if he don't want to participate he could withdraw? If I am wrong, tell me. Is he forced by the JSF/ISU to participate? Let him make his own decissions.

We all could see at the Worlds all athlets need to compete, otherwise it will be a big mess in a few years. From the 3 cases at Worlds 2 were before they arrived at Stockholm as far as I know, so I would not count it to the Worlds. 

Thats just my personal opinion, you don't have to agree.

Sorry for my lack knowledge of English, hopefully it was understandable what I am trying to say. 

OT: I am now 100% convinced Nathan's SP sit spin should have been invalidated. It literally does not fulfill the requirements on single position change foot spins laid out in the technical manual, because he does not hit a sit position after the change of foot, even if you squint. The standards on sit spins need to be stricter in general, and not just for people named Yuzuru Hanyu :yznotimpressed: 

wonder how Yuzu feels about going to WTT

13 minutes ago, Yuli said:

Thank you 😀 I am also tired and worried, I can understand and when this is her only way to handle the situation, let it be. I am a big girl, when I throw a bomb like that into I have to live with mad reactions and I can 😉    

I try to stay positive. Covid will not be gone next year or the year after, it'll stay forever and it'll take a long time until big eventuell can happen as before. In my opinion it is not the right way to cancel all events for years, this will destroy professionell sports and carriers. Find a safe way as possible to let it happen (I guess in all events for our entertainment) is neccessary and possible. Of course it's about the money, too. They will mistakes in the begining, there will never be a 100% save environment at events for many years. We don't know him situation will be in 6 month or a year with all the mutants. We have to go on.   

Yes, Yuzu has Asthma and yes, it is dangerous for him and all other athlets. But, he is an adult young man and thoughtful, I think if he don't want to participate he could withdraw? If I am wrong, tell me. Is he forced by the JSF/ISU to participate? Let him make his own decissions.

We all could see at the Worlds all athlets need to compete, otherwise it will be a big mess in a few years. From the 3 cases at Worlds 2 were before they arrived at Stockholm as far as I know, so I would not count it to the Worlds. 

Thats just my personal opinion, you don't have to agree.

Sorry for my lack knowledge of English, hopefully it was understandable what I am trying to say. 

Yet I do think we could find safer ways to hold events and we don't try enough. There were really concerns at Worlds, the athletes necessary movements had clearly not been carefully encompassed to avoid unnecessary exposure. Not to speak of the absence of enforcement of the mask rule in the corridors, by skaters who probably believed they could not be contagious because they had had a previous bubble, so I don't say expelling them right at the first transgression, but a serious warning at the first and an expulsion in case the warning remained unattended, would have worked.

I am really certain ISU, if taken as a whole, doesn't care a straw about skaters' health. And I regret Sweden lent them too much confidence.

It is one thing to make one's decisions between rotten events, it is much better if there was a choice between better ones (a non-compulsory and rather safe event, or staying at home without sanction). For instance, in events with attendance, to this date I've never seen vertical panels hanging from the ceiling to stop the air from the bleachers to go down towards the skaters, who are too exhausted to have good immunity by the end of their program. Maybe some arenas have good ventilation systems to prevent such contamination, but I've not been aware of any to this date. While for instance Alain Ducasse has managed to study and control air circulation in some of his restaurants to minimise risks of contamination.

59 minutes ago, Yuli said:

Unfortunately, it sounds like those selected need to attend unless injured-otherwise they risk sanctions. That was my understanding of reading some of the rules. They were posted by someone here earlier, but here is #6. Im not sure how to quote multiple times well yet on a phone, but I"ll try to find the OP for due credit. (@sallycinnamon)

6. Priority Participation
ISU Members with Skaters who place within the first ten places at any ISU 
Championships and who continue in the following season to participate in 
Skating competitions and/or exhibitions as eligible Skaters, shall have the 
obligation, when entering or authorizing the participation of such Skaters in 
Skating competitions and/or exhibitions, to give first priority to participation of 
such Skaters in those ISU Events which are the subject of ISU television and 
commercial contracts as notified to ISU Members. ISU Members who fail to 
comply with the above obligation, and Skaters who refuse to participate in 
such ISU Events, without medical or other justified reasons, shall be subject 
to sanctions under the relevant Rules.

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

Do anyone know if they are holding WTT at the same arena as NHK Trophy 2017? I just like to be mentally prepared if so...

I wasn't even considering this possibility I don't want to go through the same stress again, can someone confirm or deny? I want to mentally prepare myself as well:13877886: 

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

What's wrong with the NHK Trophy 2017 arena? Did something happen there back then? 

Yuzuru got the ankle injury that almost got him out of the 2018 Olympics on the 2017 NHK's arena, the competition took place in Osaka that's why people were asking if it's the same arena so we can be mentally prepared in case something happens (it's never good to go back to place where you injured yourself) especially now that even though it's still the beginning of the year we are in the season before the games :14066882: 

Team China withdrew their entire team from WTT, I wonder if they got some sort of sanction for that or if the ISU was understanding enough  this time since Chinese Team wouldn't be considered a big enough audience draw for WTT.

Anyone have a link to an update on Japan's current policy to allow foreign athletes into the country? Last I heard they were supposed to go through a 2-week pseudo quarantine/training, but I'm curious if they have other requirements regarding when they can enter and when they have to leave the country after they've arrived.

Canada I think technically could've sent Keegan since he lives in Alaska and I don't believe they have a quarantine requirement like Canada does.

Edited to add: On the exemption for athletes, I believe that whatever policy they had was put on hold mid-March due to increased cases? Feel free to correct me here.

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

What's wrong with the NHK Trophy 2017 arena? Did something happen there back then? 

Oh Lord...that's where he got the injury that nearly prevent him from going to Pyeongchang. We have trauma. Lots and lots of trauma

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hmmmmmm....Yuzu did say (depending on the translation) he was going to include the 4A at the "next competition" 🤔👀

That was the very first thought I had 😄 maybe he has regrets and is keen to show the world what he is capable? And then... retire 😬

14 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hmmmmmm....Yuzu did say (depending on the translation) he was going to include the 4A at the "next competition" 🤔👀

If he does it at WTT....:eeking: I'm not ready. 

but from the sounds of things, 4A isn't ready either, so.