General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Oh wow, is gatekeeping really that bad and common occuring in irl competitions? I'm kinda scared now, lol.

Depends. I have terrible luck, but yeah, some people can get very nasty.

Fans are fans. Whether you like Nathan, Yuzuru, Shoma, Jason, ect. Some good. Some gatekeeping trolls...it just depends. My experience irl has not been positive. I have not met a fanyu-or even a casual Yuzuru fan in person. Anyone who is, I was the one to show them Yuzuru. 

Case and point, the FS last Sat. My few irl friends dont like Yuzuru, so it was brutal 😂. You wont know how the reception will be until you start talking though, and others here have had very pleasant experiences. 

12 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Oh God, this is my first Olympic season and I'm already irritated because of Worlds articles.

I'm gonna suffer aren't I. :facepalm:

I just don't read any of the articles. But it is super hard to watch Olympics in the US on NBC! I about lost my mind last Olympics! So much Nathan will definitely win and how Yuzuru can't do it.  That was my first Olympics as a fan. Really happy ending though!

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Ah, I see.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can hate Yuzuru, poor man hasn't even hurt a fly. :laughing:

He does more than just "not hurt" a fly.  Yuzu has done an amazing amount of work and dedicated royalties from books, etc., and sales of his stuff to the reconstruction from the earthquake of 3/11.  He donates enormously in both time and money. He is generous and a bright light.

3 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Ah, I see.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can hate Yuzuru, poor man hasn't even hurt a fly. :laughing:

He breathes and some people get upset it seems. I think some comes down to jealousy. Certain skaters accomplished little and now are bitter and like to snipe.

Some people cant see beyond how he was in his younger years. They see his growth to today, and dismiss it and feel his points are undeserved. I remember there was even a time some felt the scores for him were inflated because judges were clearly showing favoritism to an Olympic champion. 

Some people just hate his personality and like to call him a brat, show off, or fake. 🤦🤷

But yeah. I dont see it either really. 😂. Haters will find any excuse to justify themselves.

9 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Yes, yes, I know, Yuzuru is generally such a kind hearted person so it's quite hard to understand why some people hate his guts so much. 😅

Honestly sometimes I just think these people wanna be contrarians for no reason! 🥲 Like... please we get it people you’re either not in the mood to talk about him or in dire need of attention, that’s fine, you don’t need to drag Yuzuru into imaginary bad skating plots for this 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, Melodie said:

I just came across this one

Btw, the instagram post in question was 3 yrs ago, but it doesn't change the fact that his elegance and balletic movements are well recognised by professionals. They are in his blood, like his musicality, kindness and utmost dedication to everything he does :8430721:

I've been a ballerina for 12 years and I just wanna know how could anyone who understand a bit about this form of art have the audacity to say something like this? Yuzuru is one of the very few men that I've seen really incorporate ballet elements in his programs, like what are you talking about sis?  :yuzususpect:

8 hours ago, barbara said:

Not done- I don't think they've ever changed the location of the games, but for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, The US did boycott and didn't sent a team.

I don't the USA is gonna do something like this, with Nathan being the biggest rival Yuzuru have right now and Yuzu's high chance of being the first man to win 3 gold medals back to back at the Olympic in like 100 years if they do this it would be like a self boycott though 

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Even outside of competitions. If you say you like Figure Skating and follow up with Yuzuru as your favorite skater...be prepared for blow back, gate keeping, and elitism.

"You're not a REAL fan." Level sniping.

I usually just preface it for them. "I'm only a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, really. I don't really enjoy watching skating otherwise."

I used to enjoy it? But it's the truth now.

9 minutes ago, MssSwan said:

I've been a ballerina for 12 years and I just wanna know how could anyone who understand a bit about this form of art have the audacity to say something like this? Yuzuru is one of the very few men that I've seen really incorporate ballet elements in his programs, like what are you talking about sis?  :yuzususpect:

Well, he literally doesn’t have a ballet background but looks more balletic than many others who do (especially a certain someone), so I guess you can take this as a case of “whatever, let’s find something to bring this man down” :grin:

He has not made a career, he has made a legend. All the pain that he has been through is contained in the love we have for him. There have been rare sportsmen on the planet who has meant so much to so many people, not because of his success but because of the hope he still continues to give. 

Don't be heart broken, this guy is a gift to the world. Let's enjoy his presense and his journey, be a part of it. He suffered but that's how he became the great man we love. 

And he is a happy man, I think. He just finds content in other things than the average person, that's all. The child in him protects him, let's pray that he never has to grow up. 

22 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I usually just preface it for them. "I'm only a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, really. I don't really enjoy watching skating otherwise."

I used to enjoy it? But it's the truth now.

I may need to start with a disclaimer than 😂🙈

5 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Since Yuzuru is planning 4A as his first jumping pass in TenChi ..which quad do u think he will sacrifices or will he do 5 quads?and if he did 4A is 3a still required?just wondering...

I was wondering about it too, playing safe i think the best choice would be the 4A, 4S maybe a 4Lo even though I don't think putting a 4A and a 4Lo in the same program is a good idea (at least not now) so maybe a 4T+3T and 4T+Eu+3S? Maybe going with the Toe and the Sal would be better since he's very familiarized with this jumps. This thing about the 3A being a requirement in this case is something I'm indeed very curious, technically the 4A is still a quad and we would still need a 3A, so I don't know what ISU's gonna decide, they probably didn't even expected that someone would be crazy enough to try this on a high level competition   :LOL: