General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

IMHO we should avoid tempting fate. We have no confirmed sighting of Nessie yet. When Yuzu lands Nessie in competition, then it becomes a friendly, tamed Yon-chan.

I apologize for quoting myself, but I had an afterthought that after Yuzu competitively tames Nessie we might consider calling it “Yon-han-chan” – 4 ½ chan – to distinguish it from other quads.

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

One other thought: It's going to be difficult for the ISU judges to overscore Nathan and underscore Yuzu since they do not want to be depicted as the reason Yuzu didn't triumph.  We have to remember that Yuzu is the most popular skater out there and most likely the most popular skater ever.  It's not just his fans in Japan.  It's like one commentator said that for Yuzu every competition is a home event.  I know the commentators always talk about the Japanese following Yuzu around the world, but there are legions of non-Japanese doing the same thing. 

Beijing Olympics...Yuzu has a huge and very passionate fanbase in China....:pudding::pudding::pudding::pudding: (dying to use this yuzuicon!!)

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Do you guys think Yuzuru listens to Queen? I've seen that one clip of him jamming to one of their songs at a gala but I know nothing beyond that.

Yuzu was imitating his figureskating countryman Tatsuki Machida when we see those clips in his Requiem costume (2015 GPF? 2016 Worlds?) - Machida had an Ex where he skated to Dont Stop me Now. so I am not so sure Yuzu is a Queen fan per se! although he does seem fond of rock music. (EDIT: Just watched this again.....Machida was so good!!)