General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yon Kaiten Axel, actually. As in "回転", the kanji for 'times turn'

Literally '4 times turn' . I don't know why that makes me smile, but it does

I barely know how to count in Japanese and yet "yon kaiten" has been drilled into me through all the Yuzu interviews I have watched

So yeah, if I ever go to Japan again all the locals will be like "what's with this random tourist walking around who only knows how to say 'four rotations'" :pudding:

4 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Yes, lapin noir = black rabbit.

And (real) macarons, made of egg white, sugar and almond powder, are I believe a healthy way of using the egg white leftover after a breakfast of rice with raw egg yolk, aren't they?

@SitTwizzle  Yes!!  So now, what do you think s/he means by adding "kur" at the end?  A Black Rabbit Cure?  Some sort of a twist on a German (or French) recipe or health ritual??  Sorry, getting off topic, but this is all very healthy and "healing" conversation inspired by Yuzu (the skater).  Yuzu (the fruit) is also healing. 

6 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

We nicknamed it Nessie? I need context. 😭

Nessie is a nickname for the Loch Ness monster. Like the Loch Ness monster, the 4A is rumored to exist, but has never been seen. That is why The Planet nicknamed the 4A as Nessie – never seen and a monster of a jump.

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Nessie is a nickname for the Loch Ness monster. Like the Loch Ness monster, the 4A is rumored to exist, but has never been seen. That is why The Planet nicknamed the 4A as Nessie – never seen and a monster of a jump.

Perhaps now we should retire the name "Nessie" since the monster is shedding its dark form and emerging into the sunshine.   I vote that we rename it Yon-chan from now on.  A friendly and cooperative creature, easy to tame by the one and only (Kenshin) Dragon whisperer.   

Just now, Umebachi said:

@SitTwizzle  Yes!!  So now, what do you think s/he means by adding "kur" at the end?  A Black Rabbit Cure?  Some sort of a twist on a German (or French) recipe or health ritual??  Sorry, getting off topic, but this is all very healthy and "healing" conversation inspired by Yuzu (the skater).  Yuzu (the fruit) is also healing. 

Indeed, cure in French and Kur in German mean special water treatment for some illnesses/injuries, but 3 weeks in France and 4 weeks in Germany and it is "serious medicine".

But in a more jesting way we also call cure, eating something in large amounts/on a lengthy period (I don't know if German have the same name twist), and one could perfectly have a "cure de macarons", that is, eating several macarons everyday for some time.

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

Indeed, cure in French and Kur in German mean special water treatment for some illnesses/injuries, but 3 weeks in France and 4 weeks in Germany and it is "serious medicine".

But in a more jesting way we also call cure, eating something in large amounts/on a lengthy period (I don't know if German have the same name twist), and one could perfectly have a "cure de macarons", that is, eating several macarons everyday for some time.

Well in that case we are all soaking in yuzukur at the moment, contemplating yon-chan appearing with Kenshin.  

Judging by what he's said in interview it sounds like the team has been brainstorming about ways he may be able to return to Canada, though none of it sounds sure.

In terms of COVID-19 I think training at home in Sendai is likely safer as he can use the rink on his own at night and limit his own exposure, of course that's given him a lot of freedom to train with his own music and own plans which he seems to really enjoy. The downside of course is he has less oversight or third party to help guide him on things that are harder to figure out on your own, and access to physical therapist - the second part is the most worrying for me. I hope he realizes he shouldn't delay care while in Japan if he needs it (and maybe Kikuchi could unretire for a bit to help him on that front). I do think it would be beneficial if he could return and do some in-person choreography sessions, especially for a new SP.

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

Interesting ..... how does he explain the international acclaim of (Olympic) SEIMEI then??

EDIT: just seen someone else made same point soon after the quoted post apols!

13 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Perhaps now we should retire the name "Nessie" since the monster is shedding its dark form and emerging into the sunshine.   I vote that we rename it Yon-chan from now on.  A friendly and cooperative creature, easy to tame by the one and only (Kenshin) Dragon whisperer.   

IMHO we should avoid tempting fate. We have no confirmed sighting of Nessie yet. When Yuzu lands Nessie in competition, then it becomes a friendly, tamed Yon-chan.

I have to share this quickly, because I can't stop laughing :happy0007:

(This was mom's suggestion)

If everyone mocks Yuzu for his music choices, why not do a two week long public voting on the official ISU homepage, what the people want to see the most?

Here come the voting options that make you shiver and you can only pick ONE :muahaha:

1. Let me entertain you one more season!!
  2. Give me REAL ass shaking in Despacito!!
  3. Let me recycle Chopin 5.0!!
  4. Ultraman!!
  5. I don't care about deductions and smash my friggin glove away in Masquerade!!
  6. I am Carmen! Not Don José. CARMEN! Got it??!!
  7. Yuzurina wants to break free!!
  8. I want to land that 4A baby on ROOOOOXANNE!!
  9. Hakuna Matataaaaaa!!
  10. I keep on FALLIN' in and out of love with ICE-CHAN!!

What would be your choice, if all was real? :hihi:

50 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

We can only say for sure that Yuzu will retire, when he finally skates his 'Death on two legs' farewell tribute to the judges:

Have you found a new toy to replace me?
Can you face me?
But now you can kiss my ass goodbye

:hachimaki_angryparty_:

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG ASFGDKQGSKDHDKDOALAASLSKDKS

Honestly, after the last competition, screw respectability 😒, the judges certainly don't respect him, yet they have the gall to want to be served a palatable skating program by him??? I say to Yuzu, just let it all blow up and leave them in the dust once he's done unleashing the Nessie onto the ice...

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I have to share this quickly, because I can't stop laughing :happy0007:

(This was mom's suggestion)

If everyone mocks Yuzu for his music choices, why not do a two week long public voting on the official ISU homepage, what the people want to see the most?

Here come the voting options that make you shiver and you can only pick ONE :muahaha:

1. Let me entertain you one more season!!
  2. Give me REAL ass shaking in Despacito!!
  3. Let me recycle Chopin 5.0!!
  4. Ultraman!!
  5. I don't care about deductions and smash my friggin glove away in Masquerade!!
  6. I am Carmen! Not Don José. CARMEN! Got it??!!
  7. Yuzurina wants to break free!!
  8. I want to land that 4A baby on ROOOOOXANNE!!
  9. Hakuna Matataaaaaa!!
  10. I keep on FALLIN' in and out of love with ICE-CHAN!!

What would be your choice, if all was real? :hihi:

One can be both Carmen and Don José.

EDIT. Thank you so much @yuzuangel for embedding the video!