General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Speaking of the 4A, I know he wants to land the 4A in the LP, but I wonder if trying it in the SP might be easier first. Obviously it's risky as hell from a competitive perspective, but the good thing about the SP is that you only have to do 3 jumping passes, so it would be easier on his stamina.

TBH why not have a FS program of seven 4A attempts, just to get that out of the way? The probability of landing one goes up if you try 7 of them :D 

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I think you have a point.

Plus, China and Russia are great figure skating loving countries, and it would be very good for young Yuma Kagiyama to introduce himself in these countries, and start to be appreciated by their public.

Actually figure skating is not popular in China. As far as I know, even Sui/Han are not well known athletes. The only way for them to become known to the public is to win the Olympics in Beijing.

As CoC is not at all an important event in China, it is not possible for Yuma to become known by participating CoC. Considering how much Yuzuru is loved by Chinese fans, I sincerely wish the media won't compare him to Yuzu, as this would do him the least good. 

57 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think Yuzu's done with Otonal. The last time he did it, it was pretty well perfect and I don't know if there's anything more he can wring out of it. 

I agree. I also think he's done with Otonal. He's gotten the absolute max out of it. The timing of Otonal is such that he has to put the jumps into the first half which is not ideal for maximizing the points. The timing would also make putting in a 4A more difficult than it already is. At this point, I think even an updated Chopin would be more likely than Otonal. :grin:

I'm pretty sure he will keep H&E considering what he's said during his interviews. The program seems to mean a lot to him. I think H&E is a program that's absolutely perfect for him. It's something only he can poperly skate, express and interpret. It's really made for him. And it's perfect for grand occasions like the Olympics. It' also the perfect epic program to be opened with a 4A.

I like LMEY, but it's likely that Yuzu will choose a more classical piece for his Olympic season short program. But LMEY would be great for the gala. Then he'd probably do some serious ass shaking too! :dancingpooh:

As for the GP series, I think Yuzu will probably participate. It sounds to me like he wants to practice landing the 4A in a program during competitions, which would be important to turn it into a routine. Therefore, he wil likely try to participate in as many comps as possible.

Regarding which GPs, I think it would actually be quite good for Yuzu to compete in CoC, especially if it takes place in Beijing. He hasn't skated in China in many years and it would be good to get a taste of it before the Olympics.

Unfortunately, so many things are still so uncertain because of Covid. Let's hope that the worldwide situation will be better by this autumn. If Yuzu competes at the Olympics, I would really love to see him live. Who knows if an audience will even be allowed, but we shall see.

I think it's good that Yuzu now only focuses on perfecting his 4A. I say perfecting because I'm pretty sure that he can already land it, albeit maybe a bit underrotated. With the Corona situation as it is now, it's very difficult to make any kind of prediction as to competitions. Focusing on the 4A is really the only thing Yuzu can control. I believe having this goal also gives him a sense of power and stability in an absolutely unpredictable world.

1 hour ago, swan_queen said:

Casting my prediction for Otonal + H&E (if he goes)

I think this is the one time my prediction and my wants line up....

Wow, had no idea my small comment would generate so much discussion :peekapooh: I have no one to talk about this with in real life so I'm very thankful for all of you LOL

While I agree he has probably made "peace" with Otonal, doesn't that also make it a stable choice for Oly season, and was that not also the case with Chopin heading into PyeongChang (but I only started following post-2018 so correct me if I'm wrong)? I just don't see LMEY as an Oly SP, and idk if he will create a new one, which is what led me to that prediction. But who knows what he'll end up deciding haha, it's a true toss-up

Also agree with comments about JW, but Yuzu did say (when 2018/19 season first started) that he chose Otonal/Origin to "skate for himself" and "return to origins," he wasn't necessarily doing them in service to his role models per se, but to his younger self who looked up to them (before he went back into full-on kuyashii competitive mode). It would also be interesting to see Otonal as a full circle Olympic moment.

Just some things that were running through my mind! I don't have enough technical knowledge to comment well on that side of things

15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

TBH why not have a FS program of seven 4A attempts, just to get that out of the way? The probability of landing one goes up if you try 7 of them :D 

I think all of the ones after the second one would be invalidated and wouldn't count, unfortunately. Good try though :xD:

cursed GP possibility: Nathan goes to AO to get a feel for the Olympic venue, doesn't go to SkAm because it's only one week later. SkAm organizers demand Yuzu in order to sell tickets. Yuzu assigned to SkAm. (I mean, that would give him more time before NHK, I guess. also, if Yuzu were to do SCI and NHK he wouldn't be able to quarantine for two weeks, and I'm not sure whether that will go down well. The US is likely to have most of its population vaccinated by then, so it would probably be one of the less risky stops as far as covid goes. I can't believe I'm talking myself into this joke possibility.)

34 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We do?

you mean this guy --> :party0035:? I thought someone had made one out of the actual video of him swaying...

Yeah, I mean this one. But an actual Yuzu swaying emoji would be great. :2thumbsup:

I've never seem him doing that before and he seemed to rock himself quite often during the WC. I guess it's quite a new habit. He probably does that for self-soothing and calming reasons. It makes sense. After all, rocking sensations also calm down babies.

5 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

I know this is satire but isn't there a rule where you can use the same quad only twice per program? :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

4 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I think all of the ones after the second one would be invalidated and wouldn't count, unfortunately. Good try though :xD:

Okay, okay, hear me out. He can keep attempting 4As if he pops any of them (into 3As or 1As or whatever). The invalidation would only happen if he falls or URs or steps out of the jump twice. And then he still has two tries :D

3 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Yeah, I mean this one. But an actual Yuzu swaying emoji would be great. :2thumbsup:

Do you have a gif or video? :D 

5 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

While I agree he has probably made "peace" with Otonal, doesn't that also make it a stable choice for Oly season, and was that not also the case with Chopin heading into PyeongChang (but I only started following post-2018 so correct me if I'm wrong)?

He didn't really perfect Chopin until 4CC last year, so he had good reason to keep on doing it. Some pieces of art are like that. others, not so much. 

I don't know if he'd bother changing his SP for next year, or not. LMEY is a pretty decent program on it's own, and it gets the job done. But he may want to convey a different message for next season, who knows. 

I doubt he'd do two programs that are similar in tone or theme. He seems to like having a contrast between the SP and the FS. So if he keeps Ten to Chi to, which I think he will, I doubt he'll go classical or lyrical in the short. If not LMEY, it'll be something else with a more modern and perhaps more 'western' theme. Although, I'd love to see him cut loose with his anime-loving side and do something crazy based on one of his faves. Cruel Angel's Thesis, anyone? :D

11 分, shanshaniさんが言いました:

cursed GP possibility: Nathan goes to AO to get a feel for the Olympic venue, doesn't go to SkAm because it's only one week later. SkAm organizers demand Yuzu in order to sell tickets. Yuzu assigned to SkAm. (I mean, that would give him more time before NHK, I guess. also, if Yuzu were to do SCI and NHK he wouldn't be able to quarantine for two weeks, and I'm not sure whether that will go down well. The US is likely to have most of its population vaccinated by then, so it would probably be one of the less risky stops as far as covid goes. I can't believe I'm talking myself into this joke possibility.)

If Yuzu goes to SkAm and IdF, he may complete his GP gold medal set. 0:) I consider CoC cleared by Helsinki.