General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, holina said:

I agree.

He can do LMEY as an Ex, the fully loaded version with 4S and 4T-3T and 3A - it would be such a flex :hairflip:

About Yuzu’s training base.  Can’t he arrange something with TCC so that he can skate there alone at night time?  I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s doing at Ice Rink Sendai now when there’s nobody else at night.  TCC just needs to let him lock up the place after.  This way he can get both the physio and the ideal training setting in terms of space for his 4A (flying across the ice) and music rotation?  I am sure TCC would want to have Yuzu back so maybe they can make special arrangements for him.

It's not like TCC is the only rink in Toronto. He could still skate with them and rent rink time elsewhere. That being said, there's a ton of restrictions around using rinks right now in Ontario, and in Sendai Yuzu pretty well has private ice whenever he wants. IMO it just comes down to what has the more importance for him - the benefits of all the supports he has at TCC, or the luxury of a rink all to himself all the time? 

I also think that SkCa and NHK seem to be the most likely. Now let's pray that it won't curse Zu, because recently it didn't end well when he had only 2 weeks between GP events.:smiley-scared003:

Spoiler

I think [redacted] will get CoR. In recent times there was a lot of hype around him in Russia and even more so now. Not to mention his recent sweet pic with Kogan.

EDIT: Guys, please, everything but not Otoñal. He had major timing issues with combo in Otoñal.

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I also think that SkCa and NHK seem to be the most likely. Now let's pray that it won't curse Zu, because recently it didn't end well when he had only 2 weeks between GP events.:smiley-scared003:

Hide contents

I think [redacted] will get CoR. In recent times there was a lot of hype around him in Russia and even more so now. Not to mention his recent sweet pic with Kogan.

EDIT: Guys, please, everything but not Otonal. He had major timing issues with combo in Otonal.

I don't think he will bring Otonal back. My impression with one of the past interviews he made was that he has made peace with it and moved on. 

About Yuzu and a certain someone, I agree with you.

29 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

Casting my prediction for Otonal + H&E (if he goes)

I think this is the one time my prediction and my wants line up....

I think Yuzu's done with Otonal. The last time he did it, it was pretty well perfect and I don't know if there's anything more he can wring out of it. 

No Otonal or Origin - he’s back to skating for himself remember?  No extra pressure in order to do justice to his heroes/ muses.  And JW has had enough mileage out of being the inspiration for that SP.

For next season programs, something new piano-y and TenChi :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

If he does GP series, NHK and SCI maybe most likely? At least this is what I hope...

I wonder why Yuzu doesn't have a doctor to work with him in Japan... because of pandemic I guess? It sounded to me like his Sendai training situation is quite good for him other than lack of after-training supportive care, although perhaps TCC would be willing to be flexible with his training now.

I’d like him to take a leaf from Satokos book and try an arrangement from Satie’s Gnossiennes- they have an otherworldly feeling to them that would suit him very well.

2 minutes ago, Noelle said:

For next season programs, something new piano-y and TenChi :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

If he does GP series, NHK and SCI maybe most likely? At least this is what I hope...

I wonder why Yuzu doesn't have a doctor to work with him in Japan... because of pandemic I guess? It sounded to me like his Sendai training situation is quite good for him other than lack of after-training supportive care, although perhaps TCC would be willing to be flexible with his training now.

I think it depends on what kind of a professional Yuzu is referring to. I'm not sure he actually meant a doctor, he could have meant a physiotherapist or other kind of body work practitioner, and it might be someone with a specialty you can't find in Japan yet. For example, fascial stretch therapy or some such

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

I think it depends on what kind of a professional Yuzu is referring to. I'm not sure he actually meant a doctor, he could have meant a physiotherapist or other kind of body work practitioner, and it might be someone with a specialty you can't find in Japan yet. For example, fascial stretch therapy or some such

Yeah, I was using the term doctor loosely... I could see him wanting to work with someone he's familiar with too.

13 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

Casting my prediction for Otonal + H&E (if he goes)

I think this is the one time my prediction and my wants line up....

Given how Weir is, I really wouldn't want Yuzu to (and don't think Yuzu would) skate to a tribute to him at the Olympics. Also him having problems with Otonal was why he switched it out for Chopin 4.0 last year, wasn't it?

H&E is pretty much certain if he goes. Even if he doesn't go, he still needs programs for next season. I think he either keeps LMEY or finally finds some other, more meaningful and probably classical-ish music he likes (or maybe he'll go all out on Japanese music, screw the judges and their eurocentric tastes). I do think that LMEY is slightly suboptimal as a competitive program because it seems harder for him to find the right timing on the 4S, hence the wobbly landings--though he's done well enough with it so far so maybe that's not a big deal.

IMO, the main reason he would keep LMEY is so that he doesn't have to learn new choreo and can continue his single-minded devotion to the 4A. The main reason he wouldn't is because the music is not particularly meaningful to him as far as I can tell, and iirc he settled on it after failing to find a more classical piece that was to his liking?

Speaking of the 4A, I know he wants to land the 4A in the LP, but I wonder if trying it in the SP might be easier first. Obviously it's risky as hell from a competitive perspective, but the good thing about the SP is that you only have to do 3 jumping passes, so it would be easier on his stamina. And hey, there's nothing that says he can't try it in both programs--more chances to land it, right? :13877886:Although that would probably be very, very exhausting. I also don't think LMEY would be well suited for that because it's pretty uptempo and I think uptempo programs tend to be more physically taxing (so he probably has a different short in this unlikely scenario).