General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

(And then Liza Tuktik skating to something JPN with a sort of JPN costume is cool and innovative because apparently everyone will get it ....)

yup only russian skaters can skate to asian music ofc

as long as they make it white so "everyone" will get it

m a k e s s e n s e

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

It occurs to me that China's quarantine rules are very strict, so I wonder if that's going to be a problem. If the competition is allowed to happen with international competitors, and the quarantine rules aren't lifted by then, then whoever does CoC can't do SkAm or SCI because they would have to start quarantining for CoC two weeks earlier. But then, I can't imagine that the competition would even be open to international competitors under those conditions--this is strict, you-are-staying-two-weeks-in-a-hotel-without-contact-with-anyone-except-the-people-testing-you-for-covid quarantining we're talking about. I don't even think they're letting in people on any other visa but a long term employment visa right now. That would really mess up the Grand Prix structure, so they might even have to hold it somewhere else. I really don't think the ISU will go for the same setup as last year, given how hard they pushed to make world's happen this year and how it's Olympic season. So we could be in for some weirdness.

I suppose it's possible that China might make an exception because of Olys and only make athletes do soft quarantining so that they can still train and prepare for the competition. Or maybe people with the vaccine won't have to quarantine any more at that point (but how are all the athletes going to get ahold of vaccines?) I really don't think they'll wind up lifting the quarantine rules entirely though, because China is vaccinating pretty slowly. 

All of that actually puts the Olympics into question, TBH. 

4 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Gosh, no! I need LMEY with screaming audience.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

If he doesn'T keep LMEY for the short I  hope he keeps it as an EX.

I cast my vote on Unravel for the Short just because I want Yuzu to go full Tokyo Ghoul fanboy and say fuck you to the judges and their preconcieved notions what constitudes as "good skating music" for him

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

H&E for the free, something piano-y for the short

I agree.

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Gosh, no! I need LMEY with screaming audience.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

He can do LMEY as an Ex, the fully loaded version with 4S and 4T-3T and 3A - it would be such a flex :hairflip:

About Yuzu’s training base.  Can’t he arrange something with TCC so that he can skate there alone at night time?  I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s doing at Ice Rink Sendai now when there’s nobody else at night.  TCC just needs to let him lock up the place after.  This way he can get both the physio and the ideal training setting in terms of space for his 4A (flying across the ice) and music rotation?  I am sure TCC would want to have Yuzu back so maybe they can make special arrangements for him.

18 minutes ago, MssSwan said:

Which program do you guys think Yuzu's gonna do for the Olympics? I don't think he will go with LMEY and H&E, I would love to see him bring back Otonal and Origin or maybe he will go with new programs  :english2:

Casting my prediction for Otonal + H&E (if he goes)

I think this is the one time my prediction and my wants line up....

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All of that actually puts the Olympics into question, TBH. 

The Olympics is further away and higher profile though. They'll probably have special rules.

I just found out I misread the schedule and NHK is actually before IdF, which means all of my speculation is wrong :13877886: Lol the past week has left me so sleep deprived. 

I think SCI and NHK is ultimately the most likely for Yuzu (someone mentioned that the Japanese national champion traditionally gets NHK? I feel like this is true but I think my memory for a lot of figure skating stuff is a bit sketchy after not really following for a year). Fingers crossed--don't want him anywhere near Rostelecom, and IdF is also not ideal.

35 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Ohh I actually didn't consider that anything other than his home GP could formally invite him, thus blocking the other medalists' choices. Interesting.

Yeah in theory the medalists choose, but in practice there's a lot of negotiation/organizers have say. If something happens with CoC and it has to be replaced, I could see the organizers of the replacement demanding Yuzu like what happened with the Cup of Finland in 2019. That would really suck because it means Yuzu can't do SCI or NHK. Blech. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if Yuzu did pull out of the GP then lol