General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For the sake of all our sanity, not to mention our poor hearts that can't handle such a shock, I am now half-hoping that ACI takes place without spectators because dying of a heart attack ringside is really not how I want to go...:confused0068:

Shu-pa san noted that his wording on the word "first" is unclear, so it can either mean "the first competition" or "the first jump in the program" :) 

But anyway, if it means "the first comp" (really looking at ACI here), our heart .... (But also, I will not be surprised if he lands it there and then decides "nah, it is not satisfatory enough to my own standard. Might as well polish it in the next comps" and then by the time we all realize it's the Olympics or something beyond :grin:)

39 分, citrusjunosさんが言いました:

Yep, Yuzu at this point has transcended competition and scores, in my opinion. Love the energy he's giving off this season, that clear "I'm just here to land the 4A and give good performances along the way, whether or not that's reflected in the scores or medals. I know I've improved." I was a bit worried post-Pyeongchang when he seemed frustrated that his efforts weren't being rewarded, and I was also worried that he seemed to be resigned and dejected at the Kiss and Cry, but I like that he's turned his focus solely into making his childhood dream a reality.

Agree. It is clear from his practices and in his skating, he has inproved so much since 2017/2018. I am happy that he is pleased with this too.

There is no end in chasing medals. He has achieved more than enough in terms of them. Even if he gets a 3rd OGM, there will be more young skaters coming up. 4A is a personal goal that is irrelevant to these. I am glad to see 4A training seems to be compatible with his other jumps now based on his practices.

When the media hypes a "future star" up, they always talk about how old he/she will be in the next Olympics, how good their chances will be. Skaters, including baby Yuzu, always talk about their Olympics dream. It is hard to stay motivated after one OGM, let alone two. I am grateful that Yuzu still has his dream and graces us with his skating.

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

2021-2022 season starts on July first.

Oh my. Olympic season... the last 2 olympic seasons really hurt me physically and mentally:emoticonaci2019:

here we go guys........... buckle your seatbelts

Gosh, that makes me realize just how insane he is. Three Olympic cycles, and he's a contender for gold for each of them. He has a 100% success rate at the Olympics! And it's funny how he was never the favorite going into them, and he still isn't now.

I know the Olympics isn't his priority, and neither is winning, really, but I can't help but wish for him to take home the gold with a 4A. But realistically and historically speaking due to past trauma, I might just be praying for his ankles for the entire season. Crossing my arms, fingers, toes, and hair that he finally lands 4A to his satisfaction without injuries, and really, I just want to see him fly because he knows and we all know that he's got wings.

i would definitely love to see his 4A live, see people mention ACI how about if he doesn’t plan to go back to Canada to train wouldn’t he choose a challenger that’s closer to Japan?

btw, do u guys know when we starts getting Olympic details I thought usually we get info or even tickets a year in advance? 

Seems like if he can he would go to olympics, if he does do people in the US planned to go together as a group ? China is big would be scare to go alone but I would definitely want to go see yuzu if he’s going to go

lol just realize all this talk is too early still got about a year 

55 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For the sake of all our sanity, not to mention our poor hearts that can't handle such a shock, I am now half-hoping that ACI takes place without spectators because dying of a heart attack ringside is really not how I want to go...:confused0068:

Would he go to ACI though? It doesn't seem like he'll go back to training in Toronto any time soon, so it's not as convenient for him to go there as before (although it will be more convenient for his coaches, I guess). Though I also don't know where else he would go for a Senior B, since nowhere is particularly convenient from Japan--Asian Open is in mid October, I think, so it overlaps with the Grand Prix.

All of this is also assuming the pandemic will be under control enough by September, which I don't think is something we can be sure of. As far as I know, Japan has been pretty slow about vaccinating.

Edit: if we don't limit it to Senior Bs, he could do the Japanese Open, I guess, though in that case I would hope his first GP isn't too early since JO is in early October. good luck getting tickets for that though--actually, I'm kind of skeptical Japan will be open for travel by then :13877886:

53 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Um....better bring a stash of aspirin to comps next season (if we get to go) 😅

This makes me think of how Yuzu’s life story is so “destiny-like”.  For example he got the 1000th Winter Olympics gold medal.  Perhaps he’s destined to land a perfect 4A and win a history making 3rd Olympic gold skating to another Japanese themed FS.  How perfect would that be?

I wouldn’t write him off for Beijing yet, because anything can happen.  The pressure on Nathan to win in Beijing would be soooo much bigger than in 2018 because basically it would be his last shot at Olympic gold (if indeed he is going to focus on his study after), and he would be going in as a heavy favorite with even more pressure from the US media.  While Yuzu would be so chill with 2 OGM in his back pocket already.  

10 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Would he go to ACI though? It doesn't seem like he'll go back to training in Toronto any time soon, so it's not as convenient for him to go there as before (although it will be more convenient for his coaches, I guess). Though I also don't know where else he would go for a Senior B, since nowhere is particularly convenient from Japan--Asian Open is in mid October, I think, so it overlaps with the Grand Prix.

All of this is also assuming the pandemic will be under control enough by September, which I don't think is something we can be sure of. As far as I know, Japan has been pretty slow about vaccinating.

Edit: if we don't limit it to Senior Bs, he could do the Japanese Open, I guess, though in that case I would hope his first GP isn't too early since JO is in early October. good luck getting tickets for that though--actually, I'm kind of skeptical Japan will be open for travel by then :13877886:

That's a good point :think: Though I wouldn't be surprised if he did a hybrid type of training where he'd mostly practice on his own in Japan and do remote coaching, and then if he does decide to go to ACI or just Canada, he'll stay a little longer to get some direct feedback from his coaches and refine his programs.

26 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

i guess if Yuzu stays in Japan, NHK and maybe Cup of China would be the best GPs for him. Not sure if either Nate or Yuma want CoC. IDK if Yuzu wants CoC even given his traumatic experience there last time. NHK would probably invite him?

JSF has two favs now. Prob will give it to either or both of them for boosting. Yuzu might have it if they want money, but my guts tell me it will be the case of politics > money. CoC sounds doable tho. I think he might want it. 

On a side note, prob Yuzu won't have SkAM cos that's been a certain someone's territory for so long now. 

27 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

That's a good point :think: Though I wouldn't be surprised if he did a hybrid type of training where he'd mostly practice on his own in Japan and do remote coaching, and then if he does decide to go to ACI or just Canada, he'll stay a little longer to get some direct feedback from his coaches and refine his programs.

That would be logical, so I guess the odds of ACI are still higher than the odds of anywhere else. Still a lot of pandemic-related ifs though.

26 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

i guess if Yuzu stays in Japan, NHK and maybe Cup of China would be the best GPs for him. Not sure if either Nate or Yuma want CoC. IDK if Yuzu wants CoC even given his traumatic experience there last time. NHK would probably invite him?

I think Yuzu will probably get SCI because Nate won't pick it since it's back to back with Skate America, and Yuma has no reason to pick it either. That makes CoC unlikely, because CoC is right after SCI (and I'm not sure I would want to go to CoC if I were Yuzu--not necessarily because of collision memories, but because air pollution levels tend to be high in Chinese cities and I'd be worried about triggering asthma again). I'm not sure whether NHK will go to Yuzu or Yuma--Yuma did place higher at Worlds so he gets to choose before Yuzu, but a lot of this stuff is probably negotiated behind the scenes, so Yuzu might get it anyway (plus, he's still the Jnats champion).

If Yuma gets NHK, then that leaves Idf or Rostelecom for Yuzu if we exclude CoC. Blech, I wouldn't want to go to either of those places. Idf because Idf is always a mess and Rostelecom because Rusfed has been the worst about managing covid, and even if the pandemic has died down somewhat I'm doubtful it'll be entirely extinguished. Rostelecom is also the last GP event so it won't leave that much time to recover before the Final. The pandemic situation is still pretty bad in France as well. Thinking about it, both Rostelecom and Idf actually make CoC look like an attractive option by comparison, since at least the pandemic is under control there. :13877886:But it's still back to back with SCI, so unless Yuma picks SCI for some reason, or Yuzu is just kind of screwed on his GP picks, CoC is still unlikely.

So fingers crossed for SCI and NHK I guess. If Yuma wants to be really nice he could take CoC (close to Japan, pandemic under control, afaik Yuma doesn't have asthma so he doesn't have to worry about that, so it's not really an unattractive pick for him) and Rostelecom (he's young so he'd have an easier time with the short time interval between that and the Final, but if I were any of the top men I'd be trying to avoid Rostelecom like, well, the plague), but that's maybe a little much to hope for/ask 😅

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No half hoping ! Full hope that he in in Toronto before September and at ACI!!!!!!

1 hour ago, holina said:

Um....better bring a stash of aspirin to comps next season (if we get to go) 😅

This makes me think of how Yuzu’s life story is so “destiny-like”.  For example he got the 1000th Winter Olympics gold medal.  Perhaps he’s destined to land a perfect 4A and win a history making 3rd Olympic gold skating to another Japanese themed FS.  How perfect would that be?

I wouldn’t write him off for Beijing yet, because anything can happen.  The pressure on Nathan to win in Beijing would be soooo much bigger than in 2018 because basically it would be his last shot at Olympic gold (if indeed he is going to focus on his study after), and he would be going in as a heavy favorite with even more pressure from the US media.  While Yuzu would be so chill with 2 OGM in his back pocket already.  

I think landing a quad axel successfully at olympics would be so cool for yuzu than an extra gold in his pocket (i do hope he win gold though).

42 minutes ago, shanshani said:

If Yuma gets NHK, then that leaves Idf or Rostelecom for Yuzu if we exclude CoC.

ok, as a newb, please tell me what's the protocol or rules around why people get to choose or not get to choose where they compete? 

And is any competition better than some other one for some reason?

I think i get the idea that the comps are by invitation only but i don't understand what the criteria are and why some get to choose and some don't.

And what is the value of a particular comp that someone might not choose it if they were offered it?

Sorry for being a newb :)

Cheers