General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

What does he mean he's going to include the 4A at his first competition? I suppose first comp in the next season? So, should things more or less go back to normal, that would be the ACI? :eeking: :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :heavybreathing:

The way he is talking about this I wouldn't be surprised if he has landed the 4A already. I think he is playing his cards close to his chest - he's a top sportsman, he is not going to give anything (or everything) away to his competition imo.  And it's my view that Beijing is firmly in his sights (if it happens!). Remember the pointing at Olympic rings at Nagano and the fire in his eyes? The fire doesn't get extinguished that quickly when it comes to Mr Hanyu. Lulling others into a false sense of security (or trying to). Just my view..... (someone else wrote I trust Yuzuru but I never trust Yuzuru lol) 

I think the complicating factor is Covid - it creates uncertainty and that's so hard for Yuzuru and all the athletes to have a clear idea about their future plans.  But if there's a chance of an Olympic medal, preferably gold, I think Yuzuru would grab it with both hands. He adores the Olympics.

As I say just speculating and voicing my opinion. I trust Yuzuru, but I never trust him...

Javi: "Yuzuru is a mystery and he'll remain a mystery because he likes it like that" - that quote stays embedded in my consciousness! 

Of course as always Yuzu will decide whatever he decides and I will always support his decisions :)

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

What does he mean he's going to include the 4A at his first competition? I suppose first comp in the next season? So, should things more or less go back to normal, that would be ACI? :eeking: :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :heavybreathing:

He has a big 'but...' though. 

He plans to include in first competition next season but

1) he must land it successfully 

2) he doesn't want to just add in 4A and do another jump. He wanted to make sure it fit into his program. 

I don't even think (1) is hard for him now. Pretty sure he landed 4A but probability of fully rotated is perhaps not high enough. (2) is probably harder since knowing him, he wants his program to make sense aesthetically and all the jumps must fit with his music. However, we still have plenty of time till the next season. I really hope this pandemic will go away soon so that we can have next season with no worry. 

Here's another video with his full answers in Japanese text on screen. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
49 minutes ago, Pammi said:

The way he is talking about this I wouldn't be surprised if he has landed the 4A already. I think he is playing his cards close to his chest - he's a top sportsman, he is not going to give anything (or everything) away to his competition imo.  And it's my view that Beijing is firmly in his sights (if it happens!). Remember the pointing at Olympic rings at Nagano and the fire in his eyes? The fire doesn't get extinguished that quickly when it comes to Mr Hanyu. Lulling others into a false sense of security (or trying to). Just my view..... (someone else wrote I trust Yuzuru but I never trust Yuzuru lol) 

I think the complicating factor is Covid - it creates uncertainty and that's so hard for Yuzuru and all the athletes to have a clear idea about their future plans.  But if there's a chance of an Olympic medal, preferably gold, I think Yuzuru would grab it with both hands. He adores the Olympics.

As I say just speculating and voicing my opinion. I trust Yuzuru, but I never trust him...

Javi: "Yuzuru is a mystery and he'll remain a mystery because he likes it like that" - that quote stays embedded in my consciousness! 

Of course as always Yuzu will decide whatever he decides and I will always support his decisions :)

If he manage to land 4A successfully at Olympics, give him gold! Some said its easier to land 5T than 4A because of the forward take off and keeping axis stable in the air while rotating.

1 minute ago, LAY said:

If he manage to land 4A successfully at Olympics, give him gold! Some said its easier to land 5T than 4A because of the forward take off and keeping axis stable in the air while rotating.

I wouldn't be too surprised if this was the case. I know Trusova initially started trying to learn 3A before realizing it was easier to learn quads instead, and I've heard other skaters of all levels talk about how doubles/triples/quads are easier than single/double/triple axels. 

4 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I don't even think (1) is hard for him now. Pretty sure he landed 4A but probability of fully rotated is perhaps not high enough

IIRC he said he has fully rotated it, but hasn't landed it. Maybe he can either rotate it or land it UR. not really sure. But he seems confident that it will happen soon. And it doesn't sound like false confidence either :)

10 minutes ago, azelais said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if this was the case. I know Trusova initially started trying to learn 3A before realizing it was easier to learn quads instead, and I've heard other skaters of all levels talk about how doubles/triples/quads are easier than single/double/triple axels. 

I was real impressed with his gigantic 3As during gala and sp.His body line (with deep knee bend) was so beautiful when he landed and exit from the jumps.Well, he surely is king of triple axel :grin:

I hope Yuzu have a safe travel to Japan,keep healthy and have a good rest and quarantine.After watching his ex and reading his latest interview..so glad that he is doing ok.I think Yuzuru has the most adversities throughout his skating life.Thats why initially im so sad,frustrated and down when he unable to skate his free cleanly because i think its not about winning for him this time but be able to share and express ten to chi to the world...and to know that if not for the asthma attack im sure he able to skate it cleanly

15 hours ago, Melodie said:

Edit: @BWOZWaltz you are right in that we should wait for more coherent translation, so I went back to replace the tidbits I got with this one. I'm sure the translation by Lae and Shinji will come very soon.

So there is thought of going back to Canada? How is the situation with Canadian border now?but based on this interview its like staying in Japan is more beneficial only that he didn't have people care for his physical well being? Its mean physiotherapy right.Why is that...is there no physiotheapist in Sendai?Maybe he can split his time between Canada and Japan.So that atleast he still can go to Canada for his choreography

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So does Yuzu (and the rest of Team Japan) have to quarantine when they get back to Japan? If so, WTT is out of the question for them, no? It'll have to be a whole different team. 

I think i read somewhere that they have to quarantine upon arrival in Japan but its a special quarantine where they can still have practice.I think they will be allocated place for quarantine and given access to skating rink but only limited to them.At first i thought for sure Yuzuru will not attend the WTT but in one of the interview he said something about there is still WTT that they have to think about after this.I will support him no matter what is the decision and maybe he can have his free skate redemption there

12 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

So there is thought of going back to Canada? How is the situation with Canadian border now?but based on this interview its like staying in Japan is more beneficial only that he didn't have people care for his physical well being? Its mean physiotherapy right.Why is that...is there no physiotheapist in Sendai?Maybe he can split his time between Canada and Japan.So that atleast he still can go to Canada for his choreography

Based on the translation, border restriction doesn't seem to be the reason why he cannot go to Canada? I think he really likes his own ice time but without physio care and someone to control him, I'm scare he will go crazy with all the 4A training. Though I think he should be mature enough by now to know when to stop but we are talking about yuzu... less wild with maturity but still wild.

Actually isn't the Sendai ice rink opened for public too in the past year? Did he train at late night when the rink was closed to public? Can't he train in late night at TCC too? 

12 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Why no doctor was attending Japanese Team?

What are you doing, JSF :mad:

I just read this tweet.

So if Jfeds didn't have their own doctor with them because of shady money issues, I wish all of them a good day in hell.