General Yuzuru Chat

A slight change of topic you guys:  On the NHK news online this afternoon, the Japanese government conveyed to the JOC that athletes returning from overseas still need to quarantine for 14 days, but during this period they are allowed to practice, as long as they do so in isolation, not in contact with others. They will be given PCR tests 2-3 times during this period. This probably means that Yuzu would have to go to WTT :/

Guys, I get the frustration and share it with you. Some of you are correctly distinguishing between Nathan as a person and your disagreement with the advantages in scoring he enjoys thanks to his position. I just want to emphasize this difference one more time. Keep your criticism constructive and respectful and try not to project any of your feelings on Nathan as a person. Keep in mind that this is a public forum and can be read by anyone. Thank you! 

8 hours ago, barbara said:

If you or the admins had an issue, perhaps a DM rather than a public shaming would have been a better, kinder way.

Agree, and since DMs are how the mods usually handle things, I'm surprised that didn't happen this time. 

39 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

A slight change of topic you guys:  On the NHK news online this afternoon, the Japanese government conveyed to the JOC that athletes returning from overseas still need to quarantine for 14 days, but during this period they are allowed to practice, as long as they do so in isolation, not in contact with others. They will be given PCR tests 2-3 times during this period. This probably means that Yuzu would have to go to WTT :/

Surely Japan has enough depth in the singles disciplines that they could field an entirely different team for WTT than they did for Worlds. Only ice dance and pairs would have to do both competitions. 

At this point, knowing that the ISU has made loopholes in their Worlds COVID protocol to allow even symptomatic skaters in, I don't even care who wins. All I  hope for is that no one gets sick AT ALL and that everyone comes home safely. And that whoever it is that came up with this idea that figure skaters are fine potential targets for a super spreader event may rot as quickly as possible  because they clearly have no conscience whatsoever. 

Definitely Japan has enough men and women singles skaters to field a entire team different from the Worlds' ones, but wasn't there some rule that said that a country's team would be disqualified if they fail to send their top finishers at Worlds, unless there was a medical excuse?

Something quite different, I stumbled on a fanyu forum which name I don't even dare to mention because it contains things really... Our discussion about the PPOS was quite chaste in comparison, and there may be young readers here.

But the page I came across had an interesting information, that Castle Hanyu (the Southern Hanyu, not the Northern one after which Yuzuru Hanyu's family is probably named) was a regional military base for Uesugi Kenshin.

Deepl automatic translation : "Hanyu Castle has been a base of operations for the Uesugi side since the invasion of Kanto by Kagetora Nagao (later Kenshin Uesugi). This place may become a new sacred place, too."

https://www.mustlovejapan.com/subject/kasugayama/

Just now, Ladysci said:

Definitely Japan has enough men and women singles skaters to field a entire team different from the Worlds' ones, but wasn't there some rule that said that a country's team would be disqualified if they fail to send their top finishers at Worlds, unless there was a medical excuse?

Well, Courtney Milan has taken the trouble to dig in the rules, here it is :

So, for ISU, it is worse to miss WTT than to abuse children. :cursing:

I hope that at least, with the CoViD situation and if they really really want to hold WTT (Worlds are an important championship for athletes, particularly a pre-Olympic year, but WTT? While there was no real GP season and not even 4CC and Europeans?) athletes will be free to participate or to skip!

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

Does anyone have a list of Yuzuru's favourite anime movies and anime series? I have no plans for the weekend so I might as well.

I dont know all of them, but I know he likes(d) Tokyo Ghoul

2 時間前, hananistellataさんが言いました:

Does anyone have a list of Yuzuru's favourite anime movies and anime series? I have no plans for the weekend so I might as well.

Judging from his energy level and hairstyle when performing in MOI, I guess he probably likes Demon Slayer too. Both Tokyo Ghoul and Demon Slayer have some vibes of fighting cannibals. :ninja:

As Worlds approaching, i dont think they will cancel it now.I read somewhere  that japanese media already there  for 7 days for self quarantine.My only hope and wish now is that Yuzuru wins the world title ,stay healthy and covid free.I really hope that he wins this times so that all the sacrifices and self conflict his feeling now is not in vain

50 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

As Worlds approaching, i dont think they will cancel it now.I read somewhere  that japanese media already there  for 7 days for self quarantine.My only hope and wish now is that Yuzuru wins the world title ,stay healthy and covid free.I really hope that he wins this times so that all the sacrifices and self conflict his feeling now is not in vain

Yeah,, I'm not prepared at all. 

even though I know,,, according to how ISU works, they won't cancel or even postpone the event,,,, they had been promoting the event like mad these days.

Broadcasting fees really matter more than athletes' health for them huh? i'm disgusted.

I'm so scared of the skaters' health. Every single one of them. 

yo, there's still gala... like what the heck.. people gonna swarm around and they would risk of catching the virus tgt if one is ill..... and ISU's not gonna be responsible for the costs. Woah, awesome organization!

13 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Yeah,, I'm not prepared at all. 

even though I know,,, according to how ISU works, they won't cancel or even postpone the event,,,, they had been promoting the event like mad these days.

Broadcasting fees really matter more than athletes' health for them huh? i'm disgusted.

I'm so scared of the skaters' health. Every single one of them. 

yo, there's still gala... like what the heck.. people gonna swarm around and they would risk of catching the virus tgt if one is ill..... and ISU's not gonna be responsible for the costs. Woah, awesome organization!

It's almost like they see athletes as commodities and not actual people. Anything to make money, I suppose 😠. It's abhorrent.