General Yuzuru Chat

hace 17 minutos , hananistellata said:

There won't be any other streams? :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

We'll have a break after hosting 16 YuzuSkatingParties and today's stream in commemoration to the 10th Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.  But don't worry, our admins will inform once the new schedule is settled (either reply of the series of 16 or maybe new content). 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Wow I really cant believe world is happening soon. This season I am less concerned with Yuzu winning. Maybe unpopular opinion but I actually would like to see he attempt 4A competitively. It has been 3 season since he has really talked about wanting to do the 4A in competition. World is important but how many more competitions will we get to have him in? Even if he doesnt succeed here, thats fine Id like him to get that image of the 4a at an actual competition. 

Also, I really cannot wait to see how much LMEY and H&E have progressed.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, makebelieveup said:

Wow I really cant believe world is happening soon. This season I am less concerned with Yuzu winning. Maybe unpopular opinion but I actually would like to see he attempt 4A competitively. It has been 3 season since he has really talked about wanting to do the 4A in competition. World is important but how many more competitions will we get to have him in? Even if he doesnt succeed here, thats fine Id like him to get that image of the 4a at an actual competition. 

Also, I really cannot wait to see how much LMEY and H&E have progressed.

Let's just hope he skates beautifully, is fairly scored and doesn't get injured.  [admin edit: be respectful]  I doubt he'll try a 4A.  He hasn't actually trained with his jump coach, in person, in a year.

15 minutes ago, barbara said:

Let's just hope he skates beautifully, is fairly scored and doesn't get injured.  (I am also hoping that NC falls.  At least once.  It's not a nice thought, but I want it anyway.)  I doubt he'll try a 4A.  He hasn't actually trained with his jump coach, in person, in a year.

I just pray that yuzu will have longer competitive skating life and dont put too much pressure on himself to win every single competition he entered.

I think a silver lining in this pandemic is that Yuzu has learned to train by himself and established a routine of training in Sendai. The ruthless schedule of GPS and the Nationals has been taking a toll on him. Now that short-term training in Sendai has become an option, he can train in Japan from NHK through the Nationals. That’ll make it much easier for him and might even extend his competitive career if he wants to.

Hello everyone,

As you may remember, I started a donation campaign in Yuzuru's honor with the sole aim to help children in need and to make them smile. With almost one week to go to the World Championship, I wanted to remind you that the campaign is still on and the children are waiting for your contributions.Good news :  I learned from Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Stockholm that they started to receive some (minor) cash donations and some Pooh bears already, all being sent as "From Yuzuru Hanyu for children", so that's great! A big "Thank you" to everyone who contributed and let's make it even bigger!

In addition to cash donations  there is now a new option which will allow you to contribute to the cause TWICE by making only ONE online purchase: you will buy a bear, get it delievered to a child at a women & children's shelter and %100 of the money you spend will be used for the benefit of children while the bear you ordered will make a traumatised child smile. All details in the link below, with detailed instructions for how to order online.
LET'S PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT YUZURU FANS ARE THE KINDEST AND THE MOST GENEROUS !

6 hours ago, barbara said:

Let's just hope he skates beautifully, is fairly scored and doesn't get injured.  (I am also hoping that NC falls.  At least once.  It's not a nice thought, but I want it anyway.)  I doubt he'll try a 4A.  He hasn't actually trained with his jump coach, in person, in a year.

Well, I pray that Yuzu neither gets injured nor infected with COVID19, that he can save the third spot for team Japan, so that the risk of travelling was not in vain, and finally that US and RUS fed lose all additional spots and ISU can sulk in their own shit. In that order.

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, I pray that Yuzu neither gets injured nor infected with COVID19, that he can save the third spot for team Japan, so that the risk of travelling was not in vain, and finally that US and RUS fed lose all additional spots and ISU can sulk in their own shit. In that order.

Sorry, I don't understand what are these "additional spots"?

On 3/13/2021 at 2:51 AM, YuzuDoubleGold said:

David talks extensively about Yuzu ... 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

IMO, this is a good interview with David being a bit more open about young Yuzuru and what he was like (ie not hugely interested in the choreo and mainly focussed on jumping, not untypical of a teen boy in FS!) and really praising Yuzuru as he matured, describing him as having an "artistic soul", praising Jeff and Shae-Lynn, and really saying Yuzuru is the best male figure skater for some generations. He also said if he was a gambler, he would always bet on Yuzuru to win as when he skates clean, nobody is better than him :). Interesting thoughts on Yuna and Sochi Olympics!

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Where the skaters place in Worlds can open up additional "spots" for the Olympic teams.  For instance, Keegan is the only Canadian male to be able to go to Worlds because they have only one "spot" there but if he places high enough, he can open up additional spots for other skaters for the Olympics.

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

A country may have a maximum of three entries per discipline. Countries earn two or three entries by earning points through their skaters' placements. The points are equal to the sum of the placements of the country's skaters (top two if they have three). If a country only has one skater, that skater must place in the top 10 to earn two entries and in the top two to earn three entries. If a country has two skaters, the combined placement of those skaters must be 13 or less to qualify for 3 entries and 28 or less to qualify for two entries.

For example, in the 2013 World Championships in London, Ontario, Yuzu was in ninth place following his short program, but due to his determination, he placed third in the free skate, fourth overall. Daisuke Takahashi placed sixth, so their combined placements equaled 10. Since the combined placement of the Yuzu (4) and Daisuke (6) was 13 or less, they earned three entries for Japan at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.