General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Since we are on the subject of the 311 earthquake I would like to share this link that is daily posted on Twitter by a very kind Fanyu called Amy. 

By clicking the big blue button on the website you can donate 3 yen to 311 disaster's recovery efforts for free! You can click the button everyday. Even by doing nothing more than just clicking a button every day for a whole year you can donate 1.095 yen (10$) to recovery efforts without losing a single cent from your pocket!

So please make sure to save this link and visit it everyday if you have time. :tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

https://clickdonation.psc-inc.co.jp/page/east_japan/

I used Chrome Incognito window and spent some time to donate about 300 yen...I wish I could have done more but my laptop got too hot so i had to stop it :13877886:

Today I went to the exhibit  about East Japan disaster which is held from yesterday.

I couldn't see it without tear because  it reminds me of that time and I reimagined how victims  went though the hard experience watching the  pictures.

However at the last of the exhibit there are Yuzu 's  costume and  skating picture which he did wishing for the recovery. 

Seeing them, I was healed.

Actually,not only me but so many people I guess.

Yes, The World Championships don't feel real yet. To be honest, no matter how much I'd love to see Yuzu skate again, I'm still hoping that they will be cancelled because of safety issues.

Please stay safe and healthy, Yuzu! :smiley-angelic001:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
5 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Yes, The World Championships don't feel real yet. To be honest, no matter how much I'd love to see Yuzu skate again, I'm still hoping that they will be cancelled because of safety issues.

Please stay safe and healthy, Yuzu! :smiley-angelic001:

Well, keep in mind that he said that by the end of last year, that was his feelings at that moment in time, although I would like to think he kept being careful with his health all those two months which have past. I do join you in praying for his wellbeing, God bless him!

On 3/6/2021 at 1:32 AM, senemgencer said:
Dear Yuzuru Hanyu fans all over the world,
If we can't travel to Stockholm to see and support Yuzuru, let's twist the reality and be there in spirit while making children happy, let's provide hundreds of Pooh-sans, toys for the sick children. 

The idea is simple: there is Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Stockholm where the most seriously ill children from all over the country are treated. They care for children with chronic diseases, acute conditions and premature babies. So let Winnie the Poohs, toys or other gifts from all over the world rain on this hospital! They have a Foundation which I contacted personally and they are waiting for us, Yuzuru fans! 

SO LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE ! 

We can 

either send presents (a Winnie the Pooh or another toy or anything else you can afford to make a child happy) to the Astrid Lindgren Foundation whose address is: 

The Foundation for the Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital
c/o Karolinska University Hospital A1:05
171 76 Stockholm SWEDEN

or donate to the Foudation's bank account directly. Their bank details are on their webpage here. Every dollar/euro that you send will be used for the benefit of children

OR do both :)

Let's prove that Yuzuru fans are the best and they are always there to support him. Let him and ill children feel our love, under any circumstance. 

Love to you all and thank you in advance
Senem Gencer 

This is such a kind and lovely idea. Thank you for organizing it! 

I would suggest that we don't sign our gifts saying that the present is from Yuzuru Hanyu. Instead, let's indicate that the gift is from "a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu". We don't want confusion between projects that fans organize vs. projects that Yuzu himself organizes. 

Do we have a Twitter hashtag for this project? We can include that so that the hospital will know where the gifts are coming from and why. For JNats, we used #PoohRain4Yuzu. Maybe we can use #PoohRain4YuzuWC or something. The official hashtags for 2021 WC are #WorldFigure and #Stockholm2021, we can include those in addition to our tag.

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

I would suggest that we don't sign our gifts saying that the present is from Yuzuru Hanyu. Instead, let's indicate that the gift is from "a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu". We don't want confusion between projects that fans organize vs. projects that Yuzu himself organizes. 

Do we have a Twitter hashtag for this project? We can include that so that the hospital will know where the gifts are coming from and why. For JNats, we used #PoohRain4Yuzu. Maybe we can use #PoohRain4YuzuWC or something. The official hashtags for 2021 WC are #WorldFigure and #Stockholm2021, we can include those in addition to our tag.

Oh well my Pooh is on its way already, signed  from Yuzuru :POOH:  Of course in usual times, the Pooh rain is a gift for Yuzuru, with love from us...and then the Poohs are HIS to donate, I think that was the idea.... this is the Pooh rain for Yuzuru, it’s just not raining on this occasion!! But they are still technically Yuzuru’s - does that make sense?? :idk:....... 

35 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Oh well my Pooh is on its way already, signed  from Yuzuru :POOH:  Of course in usual times, the Pooh rain is a gift for Yuzuru, with love from us...and then the Poohs are HIS to donate, I think that was the idea.... this is the Pooh rain for Yuzuru, it’s just not raining on this occasion!! But they are still technically Yuzuru’s - does that make sense?? :idk:....... 

I think that's fine for the Poohs that are already sent signed "from Yuzuru". If they receive additional gifts with a bit more explanation, then they will know what all the gifts are about. We all know about Pooh rain and stuff, but the person sorting the packages in the hospital may not be a figure skating fan. That's my thinking.

19 hours ago, Yukok said:

It's heartwarming post.

I want your father watch Yuzuru skating !

Thank you! My Dad loves watching Yuzuru Hanyu videos and is always happy when I email him links to YouTube and Dailymotion videos of Yuzu. He said that Yuzu was “perfect” when he saw the videos of “Let Me Entertain You” and “Heaven and Earth” from Japanese Nationals. He is also always praising Yuzu for his intelligence and generosity. He says that Yuzu is a “very special person”.

My Mom passed away in 2008 a week before our beloved Maine Coon cross cat Sunny, both from cancer. That was a very bad week. It was a bad year because we also lost my wife’s parents in Japan. I know that if my Mom was alive, she would have loved Yuzu and become a Pooh-costume-wearing, loud attention-getting, embarrassment-inducing Fanyu! My dear Mom was no shrinking violet! She was not a typical Japanese lady of her generation. She spoke her mind, never backed down from anyone, was always quick to react to racism and injustice and protected her brood like a lioness. At same time, she was a lot of fun, a practical joker and always the life of the party. I know that she would have loved to get together with satellites at competitions.

vent:

Spoiler

I wish people wouldn't talk as though Yuzu is particularly vulnerable to covid because of asthma. There isn't much evidence that asthma is a risk factor for covid, and a good amount of evidence to the contrary. I feel like this creates unnecessary anxiety and panic, especially since everyone is nervous about Yuzu's health already. Of course the ISU's poor covid prep and general lackadaisical attitude toward the health of its athletes is horrible and world's shouldn't be going ahead as it is currently planned, but I don't feel like exaggerating Yuzu's risk level is a good way to make this point. 

10 hours ago, IceWings said:

Good idea. There is one actually. My original (bad) idea was to send the Pooh's to Ericon Globe Arena where the WC will be held and I took this account. Then I changed my mind by sice I already opened the account, I decided to reuse it. Here it is: