General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Idk how much people had said it but I really wanna say it again xD:xD:

His choreo and footwork are so unique to the point even when someone else does them without music, or with music that aren’t even the original ones we can still know “Oh! These steps are Yuzu’s!” Yeah Yuzuru’s skating styles are just superior. Yuzuru Hanyu supremacy

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Idk how much people had said it but I really wanna say it again xD:xD:

His choreo and footwork are so unique to the point even when someone else does them without music, or with music that aren’t even the original ones we can still know “Oh! These steps are Yuzu’s!” Yeah Yuzuru’s skating styles are just superior. Yuzuru Hanyu supremacy

This skater looks clumpsy.He cant compare to super - skilled yuzu!

Hey everyone, my wife and I received our first dose of Pfizer vaccine today. I’m in British Columbia, Canada, and we are in Phase 2 of the immunization rollout. Phase 2 includes people like me who are on long-term home care and their spouses (if they have enough vaccines).

My 94-year-old father who lives on his own and who still drives and has been approved for his driver’s license for another two years has not received his yet. I will be going online on Monday, March 8 to schedule a drive-through vaccination for him on or shortly after Monday, March 15. A couple of friends have volunteered to take him for the vaccines. My Dad was very happy to hear that my wife and I received our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.

My Dad is amazing. His mind is sharper than mine (which is not much of an accomplishment) and he calls me every day between 5:30 PM and 6 PM to discuss the news that he has collected over the day by scouring the Internet. We have great conversations for 35 to 50 minutes every day about what’s happening in the world and in our lives. I don’t have to watch the news because he fills me in every day.

By the way, it was my Dad who first mentioned Yuzuru Hanyu to me after he beat Patrick Chan at the 2013 GPF in Fukuoka. He is also a big fan of Yuzu and is always happy to hear news about him.

I sent an email to the marketing and ticketing manager whom I have known very well at Skate Canada to inquire about their plans for ACI and whether SCI is still scheduled to go ahead in Vancouver in late October. (Unfortunately, I received an automated reply that she is no longer with Skate Canada.) I really want to attend both if they can make them safe. I have been watching and re-watching 2018 and 2019 ACI videos, especially the fan cam LP 6-minute warm-ups where Yuzu revealed his black and purple Origin costumes and the crowd went crazy. I really miss that!

I really want to meet up with all the satellites that I know and others that I haven’t met yet especially over dinner and drinks.

Sorry for the long rambling post. Feeling a bit buzzed after three large whiskeys on the rocks!

Please everyone take care and stay safe. As Yuzu says, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Hey everyone, my wife and I received our first dose of Pfizer vaccine today.

Congratulations,  that's great,  @Geo1!  

I, too, got my first dose today.  More or less out of the blue. Yesterday I had no clue when I'd be vaccinated,  today suddenly here I am feeling relieved. 

I'm totally down for any competition that can be run safely in future. And I've never properly visited Vancouver.  Looking forward to it , if it happens.  

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Hey everyone, my wife and I received our first dose of Pfizer vaccine today. I’m in British Columbia, Canada, and we are in Phase 2 of the immunization rollout. Phase 2 includes people like me who are on long-term home care and their spouses (if they have enough vaccines).

My 94-year-old father who lives on his own and who still drives and has been approved for his driver’s license for another two years has not received his yet. I will be going online on Monday, March 8 to schedule a drive-through vaccination for him on or shortly after Monday, March 15. A couple of friends have volunteered to take him for the vaccines. My Dad was very happy to hear that my wife and I received our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.

My Dad is amazing. His mind is sharper than mine (which is not much of an accomplishment) and he calls me every day between 5:30 PM and 6 PM to discuss the news that he has collected over the day by scouring the Internet. We have great conversations for 35 to 50 minutes every day about what’s happening in the world and in our lives. I don’t have to watch the news because he fills me in every day.

By the way, it was my Dad who first mentioned Yuzuru Hanyu to me after he beat Patrick Chan at the 2013 GPF in Fukuoka. He is also a big fan of Yuzu and is always happy to hear news about him.

I sent an email to the marketing and ticketing manager whom I have known very well at Skate Canada to inquire about their plans for ACI and whether SCI is still scheduled to go ahead in Vancouver in late October. (Unfortunately, I received an automated reply that she is no longer with Skate Canada.) I really want to attend both if they can make them safe. I have been watching and re-watching 2018 and 2019 ACI videos, especially the fan cam LP 6-minute warm-ups where Yuzu revealed his black and purple Origin costumes and the crowd went crazy. I really miss that!

I really want to meet up with all the satellites that I know and others that I haven’t met yet especially over dinner and drinks.

Sorry for the long rambling post. Feeling a bit buzzed after three large whiskeys on the rocks!

Please everyone take care and stay safe. As Yuzu says, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Hello Geo1,

What a nice message! I was smiling while reading, but at the same time missing my dad terribly who passed away 4 years ago. Enjoy and appreciate every minute of your time with dad, they don't last forever :(

Some news for dad and you then, I started a campaign in Yuzuru's name in order not to deprive children in Stockholm (World Championship this month) of Winnie the Poohs and presents that are thrown on the ice rink. it really makes me sad to know that we won't be able to witness the Pooh rain because of COVID restrictions and no-audience rule. As a mother of 2 children myself, seeing so many Pooh-sans and toys waiting for their new owners to make happy, always made me smile. The idea is simple: there is Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Stockholm where the most seriously ill children from all over the country are treated. They care for children with chronic diseases, acute conditions and premature babies. So let Winnie the Poohs, toys or other gifts from all over the world rain on this hospital! They have a Foundation which I contacted personally and they are waiting for us, Yuzuru fans! You can donate to the Foundation directly or send presents / Poohs / letters etc (or all of those) to encourage children to fight. Details are here: https://yuzuru4children.blogspot.com/2021/03/let-pooh-sans-and-toys-rain-on.html

Love to you and dad, and to everyone !

Senem

Dear Yuzuru Hanyu fans all over the world,
If we can't travel to Stockholm to see and support Yuzuru, let's twist the reality and be there in spirit while making children happy, let's provide hundreds of Pooh-sans, toys for the sick children. 

The idea is simple: there is Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Stockholm where the most seriously ill children from all over the country are treated. They care for children with chronic diseases, acute conditions and premature babies. So let Winnie the Poohs, toys or other gifts from all over the world rain on this hospital! They have a Foundation which I contacted personally and they are waiting for us, Yuzuru fans! 

SO LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE ! 

We can 

either send presents (a Winnie the Pooh or another toy or anything else you can afford to make a child happy) to the Astrid Lindgren Foundation whose address is: 

The Foundation for the Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital
c/o Karolinska University Hospital A1:05
171 76 Stockholm SWEDEN

with a note saying that the present is from Yuzuru Hanyu :)

or donate to the Foudation's bank account directly. Their bank details are on their webpage here. Every dollar/euro that you send will be used for the benefit of children

OR do both :)

Let's prove that Yuzuru fans are the best and they are always there to support him. Let him and ill children feel our love, under any circumstance. 

Love to you all and thank you in advance
Senem Gencer 
6 minutes ago, senemgencer said:

Hello Geo1,

What a nice message! I was smiling while reading, but at the same time missing my dad terribly who passed away 4 years ago. Enjoy and appreciate every minute of your time with dad, they don't last forever :(

Some news for dad and you then, I started a campaign in Yuzuru's name in order not to deprive children in Stockholm (World Championship this month) of Winnie the Poohs and presents that are thrown on the ice rink. it really makes me sad to know that we won't be able to witness the Pooh rain because of COVID restrictions and no-audience rule. As a mother of 2 children myself, seeing so many Pooh-sans and toys waiting for their new owners to make happy, always made me smile. The idea is simple: there is Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital in Stockholm where the most seriously ill children from all over the country are treated. They care for children with chronic diseases, acute conditions and premature babies. So let Winnie the Poohs, toys or other gifts from all over the world rain on this hospital! They have a Foundation which I contacted personally and they are waiting for us, Yuzuru fans! You can donate to the Foundation directly or send presents / Poohs / letters etc (or all of those) to encourage children to fight. Details are here: https://yuzuru4children.blogspot.com/2021/03/let-pooh-sans-and-toys-rain-on.html

Love to you and dad, and to everyone !

Senem

Thank you so much for starting this campaign. we're so blessed to have you:10742289: 

Hello everyone! We just opened a thread for commemorating 10th Anniversary of the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami, where we listed down some websites and charities that are accepting donations.

We also tweeted about it and the special stream that will be held on Twitch on March 13:

So I wanna talk about the donations thingyy 

Spoiler

I’ve told some other fans about this donation drive, And they told me that they’re scared that if some antis or whoever who heard of this donations thingy are sneaky enough to send hate stuff and Yuzu gets the hate instead

Spoiler
Spoiler

they said some really mean stuff to me about this afterwards. You guys might not want to know. I really want to rant about this but..

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

So I wanna talk about the donations thingyy 

Hide contents

I’ve told some other fans about this donation drive, And they told me that they’re scared that if some antis or whoever who heard of this donations thingy are sneaky enough to send hate stuff and Yuzu gets the hate instead

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

they said some really mean stuff to me about this afterwards. You guys might not want to know. I really want to rant about this but..

Shit happens everywhere. If you avoid doing good because of fear of the evil or hate, nothing can be done. If the foundation receives hate stuff, they can destroy or ignore. Nothing will go children before it reaches the Foundation. Do you know the amount of time I spend for this campaign? Create a blog, contact the foundation by phone, try to reach every Hanyu online fan club, even newspapers in Japan etc. I do all this because I think it is not fair to deprive children of the smile when they get a present. My ONLY expectation is have hundreds of goodness arriving to Stockholm. It's easy to find a reason not to act on anything, but people who make a difference are those who find the motivation to act. This is something a genuine Yuzuru fan already mst know.

There was a devistating earthquake in Turkey 5 years ago and there were many campaigns for the effected areas. Some idiots have sent STONES, used underwear and other embarrasing stuff for hate (it was a town where there is a big a Kurdish population). I was working at one of the help centers where aid was being collected, so I know at first hand. I felt rage when I that happened. But I also saw loads of dry food, new baby clothes, huge packages of sanitary goods sent by the good people. Then felt very happy. Happy times were uncountably more than the angry times, so at the end of the day I was always feeling content. 

Let's stop focusing on the bad. Let's focus on the good we can do. 

Love,Senem